Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Feeling Used And Dumped! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Feeling Used And Dumped! (53965 Views)

I'm Feeling Depressed / Meet The Graduate Who Dumped Her Career To Make Money Flaunting Her Bum Online. / How I Was Used And Dumped By Eco Bank Through Their Outsourced Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feeling Used And Dumped! by ujuvals: 1:00pm On Nov 13, 2015
I dont know if this is the best platform to express myself but i just want to cry out as there is power in the social media. I am a young girl of 27 years. I live with my dad in lagos, lost my mum 10 years ago and have been sustaining the family for a while now as my dad's business collapsed due to some circumstances. I am a graduate and very hardworking, i have worked in few places in the past but i want to say i haven't been lucky.

I worked with a transport company in ikeja as at feburary and after working for 3months we were asked to stop with no pay on the note that the company was collapsing and they had no money to pay staffers. It was so painful because i live at iyanoba and have to go through a whole lot of stress and pay up to 700 a day for transport to be at work despite we worked weekends. I felt so used but prayed to God to take control and judge them.

I got another job in september at ikeja i didn't want to take it because i had my fears about salary issue after my past experience but looking at the situation at home where they depended on me for survival i had to let go of my instincts and take the job. It was very stressful, the distance, the constant work on the system and sometimes starving just to be able to save up for transport. Despite the distance i always got to the office by 7:30am to resume 8:00am so you can imagine when i leave my house.

When it got to pay time, i was told my boss travelled and there was no talk on salary till after a long while. i also want to add that on one of those occasions i was going to work i was robbed and my phones taken from me, it was so painful but then its part of life. My female boss eventually took pity on me and paid me for September, i told her i would like to stop but she encouraged me to continue with the impression that i was just tested on my patience. I continued work and now halfway into this month of November i am yet to be paid for October.

The worst part is my boss has refused to show up at work, he avoids calls and sends no message. I eventually got across to him with a strange number and when he picked he said he has a lot of issues his going through but i can stop coming to work; just like that. I asked him for my pay and he said no money at the moment i should stop.

I really feel bitter as i have no one to fight for me and worse is i have debts i incurred in the process of going to work. How do i offset them and start again when am practically cashless. My monthly pay is 40,000 and it can't be too difficult for a man his caliber to pay but i feel he just wants to cheat me knowing there is nothing i can do.

Please nairalanders what do i do? i feel so bad, i don't even know what next to do as am so confused.

Why are the employers taking advantage of the jobless graduates and using them? How bad can it be for someone not working and then after working you get tossed in the bin? I want God to intervene but i need help. Please pardon any grammatical blunders and errors, as i am not in the right frame of mind.

Thanks.

105 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by olasmith10(m): 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
The mentality of employers towards employees has bn wired wrongly in dis country..Young lady, if u decide to whine over dis issue, it will only complicate matters due to the fact that u need to keep income rolling for the benefit of urself and ur family.. Hunt for another job, size the coy up financially to know if they'll be capable of meeting up to your renumeration without delay.. After that, then u can now embark on aggressive complains to get ur salary from d previous company..
all the best..

FTC on FP finally...

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by ajasa4link: 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2015
It's really pathetic....I think the best thing u can do in this situation is to tender your resignation letter. I mean officially o,then demand for your outstanding salary. All these one-man business/ SMEs are always difficult to deal with in terms of salary and they mostly get away with it. I just hope you have your appointment letter with you and you understand the terms of the letter.

I advise u take a teaching job closer to your location while you are waiting for your dream so as not to remain idle. At least a secondary school paying u 25k is better than 40k paid by the company out of which 15k goes for transportation and its not even paid on time.

162 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by jhydebaba(m): 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2015
Eeyah! I share your plight. Thats not the end of the world though. Fine, you've been unlucky but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try another employer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by menix(m): 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2015
What a wicked world but I Believe ur future is as bright as Kiwi White polish just that u re being prepared for the exalted sit..

I must ask, re u the only worker or u the only worker being owed..

Why I am asking is if there is nothing that can be sold in The office to offset ur salary or salaries cous that is what I will do..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by ahabue111(m): 1:39pm On Nov 13, 2015
Pls take it easy dear, most employers are so so bad. It happens a lot in lagos. What is your discipline.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by fisaylab: 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
What i did then during my own time was that,although i am a man,i tendered my resignation letter and hand over note stated my outstand salary and all his company property given to me.

I told him to sign it and i did the photocopy of all the written document duely signed attached it with employment letter,when i got there at the day he told me to come for my outstanding salary,he turned it to physical but unfortunate for him,i had already put my phone to audio recording and kept it in my pocket.

I took the evidence to police station,all his signed document and audio recording of what he did in his office then,at the end i collected my salary with apology letter.

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 13, 2015
i get paid on the 22nd of the next month. my boss deducts our salaries at the slightest issues. things like smiling during meetings, seeing a cup on the table, removing your shoes in your work station, errors made when typing docs, etc. then if you come late or you are absent from work...... thats another story. worse is nobody knows how the deductions are made. once he has done his deductions, he transfers your salary to your account at any time of next month he so wishes. no pay slip, no explanations. what you see is what you get. ooh most times he travels to UK to spend time with his family, while his staff are down here roasting and finding it difficult to survive. before i forget, my offer letter states closure is 6pm, but them no born you well to leave by that time. Earliest i close is 8.15-8.30pm on a very good day. and you are required to work often on sat and sundays. the man is evil, but responsibilities cant make me leave. would prefer i secure something better before i go. so my dear, it is the norm for most private biz. stay strong, pray and hustle for better opportunities.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Rilikoko(m): 2:30pm On Nov 13, 2015
Nawa o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by LaurelP(m): 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
Seriously, I fail to understand why we Africans feel that it is a favour to employ someone. Westerners dont have this kind of attitude of oppressing their employees except maybe the Chinese and Lebanese who find that our employees dont have any right. An employee is a human being just like the employer and a partner, not a slave.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by damton(m): 3:04pm On Nov 13, 2015
This is extortion. every worker deserves a modest pay for his service rendered.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
If you were employed officially; with an employment letter stating the work process and other
related agreement, then get a lawyer.
If you were not employed officially, . . . you may need to do perform a lock-out action, if the money means
so much to you

Meanwhile, may God punish that boss.
angry

13 Likes

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Richie0974: 3:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
Ok
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by wunmi2odun(m): 3:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
Ok...*walks out of thread*
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by kennyman2000(m): 3:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hmmmm. Wish you all the best in ur salary recovery and also a divine turnaround in your life.

All the best once again dear.

5 Likes

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
I pray for u. May u find favor in the sight of God and Man. Amen

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by braine(m): 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by lonelydora: 3:07pm On Nov 13, 2015
Okay
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by sigiyaya(m): 3:07pm On Nov 13, 2015
Are you sure that is all?
something keep telling me
there is more undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Inioluwa01(m): 3:07pm On Nov 13, 2015
OP, sincerely, I feel your pain. I just got out of something like that too, though mine seems a little tougher than yours. I worked for over 9months without no pay in one of the multinational Companies in the Country(tho franchised)under the excuse of 'the company is going through some financial stress bla bla bla ,and what did I get in return?...a blatant allegation that I was stealing his money. He went as far as requesting I drop my phones so he can check for alerts of 'diverted' payments from Customers. He didn't see anything and of course, wasn't satisfied. The height of the insult was calling my bank, where he happened to be a former staff, to request my account statement which the mumu accounts Officer gave to him, forgetting that it is against the ethics of the job. Of course, he didn't see anything. There and then, I made up my mind it was time to leave. It's till now, the best decision I have made in my life. So, cheer up....it's an experience gained. God will make ways of better places for you soon. Move on.

27 Likes

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by ayusco85(m): 3:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
Ok
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Abbeyme: 3:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
Sorry o
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by ibkgab001: 3:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
Congratz there were no grammatical blunders and errors

SEE THEM OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You took some certain grammatical precautions that is inversely proportional to the level of semi local graduate that we have on NL

hotboz:
G
KOLAIYA1:
K
ayusco85:
Ok
Inioluwa01:
J
lonelydora:
Okay
Richie0974:
Ok
dason4life:
ok
damton:
b

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Demmocrats(m): 3:09pm On Nov 13, 2015
All the option i will suggest will have to do with you still spending money.

God will fight your battles

Just know this one day you will have stories to tell when you have gotten to where God wanted you to be.

Continue with your hard work, God will lift you up very soon.

4 Likes

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by KOLAIYA1: 3:09pm On Nov 13, 2015
K
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by boolet: 3:09pm On Nov 13, 2015
It happens, although it's not justifiable. Take heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by olajorn(m): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
Jesus, see sad stories every where. Some people are really heartless in this world. I cant imagine,someone owe his workers salary and traveled to London to greet his family

Dear op as someone stated above, take a teaching job,if you can see one near

5 Likes

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by KAKILOLA: 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pls Wat Should I Do? I've Been Compelled Into A Serious Oath / Meet Maira Bashir El-Kanemi Who Started Flying Aircraft At 17 (Photos) / Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.