Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,691 members, 7,844,278 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Feeling Used And Dumped! - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Feeling Used And Dumped! (53989 Views)

I'm Feeling Depressed / Meet The Graduate Who Dumped Her Career To Make Money Flaunting Her Bum Online. / How I Was Used And Dumped By Eco Bank Through Their Outsourced Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by gospelguy01(m): 7:33am On Nov 14, 2015
ujuvals:
I dont know if this is the best platform to express myself but i just want to cry out as there is power in the social media. I am a young girl of 27 years. I live with my dad in lagos, lost my mum 10 years ago and have been sustaining the family for a while now as my dad's business collapsed due to some circumstances. I am a graduate and very hardworking, i have worked in few places in the past but i want to say i haven't been lucky.

I worked with a transport company in ikeja as at feburary and after working for 3months we were asked to stop with no pay on the note that the company was collapsing and they had no money to pay staffers. It was so painful because i live at iyanoba and have to go through a whole lot of stress and pay up to 700 a day for transport to be at work despite we worked weekends. I felt so used but prayed to God to take control and judge them.

I got another job in september at ikeja i didn't want to take it because i had my fears about salary issue after my past experience but looking at the situation at home where they depended on me for survival i had to let go of my instincts and take the job. It was very stressful, the distance, the constant work on the system and sometimes starving just to be able to save up for transport. Despite the distance i always got to the office by 7:30am to resume 8:00am so you can imagine when i leave my house.

When it got to pay time, i was told my boss travelled and there was no talk on salary till after a long while. i also want to add that on one of those occasions i was going to work i was robbed and my phones taken from me, it was so painful but then its part of life. My female boss eventually took pity on me and paid me for September, i told her i would like to stop but she encouraged me to continue with the impression that i was just tested on my patience. I continued work and now halfway into this month of November i am yet to be paid for October.

The worst part is my boss has refused to show up at work, he avoids calls and sends no message. I eventually got across to him with a strange number and when he picked he said he has a lot of issues his going through but i can stop coming to work; just like that. I asked him for my pay and he said no money at the moment i should stop.

I really feel bitter as i have no one to fight for me and worse is i have debts i incurred in the process of going to work. How do i offset them and start again when am practically cashless. My monthly pay is 40,000 and it can't be too difficult for a man his caliber to pay but i feel he just wants to cheat me knowing there is nothing i can do.

Please nairalanders what do i do? i feel so bad, i don't even know what next to do as am so confused.

Why are the employers taking advantage of the jobless graduates and using them? How bad can it be for someone not working and then after working you get tossed in the bin? I want God to intervene but i need help. Please pardon any grammatical blunders and errors, as i am not in the right frame of mind.

Thanks.
my daughter I am mr emman from ICPC. Send me ur oga fone number and urs.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by ibkgab001: 8:00am On Nov 14, 2015
Oponu that is disadvantage of not typing with auto correct on computer or auto speller on phone keyboard or keypad respectively F.ool
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by josite: 8:22am On Nov 14, 2015
A Review of the Employees Compensation Act, 2011 https://www./review-employees-compensation-act-2011-mueen-olajobi
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by innuit: 8:48am On Nov 14, 2015
Am sorry to hear about your troubles in your job.

Do you have a letter of employment? If you do you may want to get in touch with the Nigerian Labour Congress. I understand they have an office in Yaba. If you haven't resigned your employment, hold on awhile until you speak to an NLC official.

In the interim I would advise that you start looking for other source of income.

Best wishes to you and your family.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 14, 2015
Inioluwa01:
OP, sincerely, I feel your pain. I just got out of something like that too, though mine seems a little tougher than yours. I worked for over 9months without no pay in one of the multinational Companies in the Country(tho franchised)under the excuse of 'the company is going through some financial stress bla bla bla ,and what did I get in return?...a blatant allegation that I was stealing his money. He went as far as requesting I drop my phones so he can check for alerts of 'diverted' payments from Customers. He didn't see anything and of course, wasn't satisfied. The height of the insult was calling my bank, where he happened to be a former staff, to request my account statement which the mumu accounts Officer gave to him, forgetting that it is against the ethics of the job. Of course, he didn't see anything. There and then, I made up my mind it was time to leave. It's till now, the best decision I have made in my life. So, cheer up....it's an experience gained. God will make ways of better places for you soon. Move on.
You can become a millionaire only if you have small sense

You're a dunce if you don't sue them especially the Banker.
Don't pity them coz they don't give a shit about you.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 14, 2015
ujuvals:
I dont know if this is the best platform to express myself but i just want to cry out as there is power in the social media...
Hey there! Do you mind if I help?
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by AJOT99(m): 9:58am On Nov 14, 2015
yungbeef:
i get paid on the 22nd of the next month. my boss deducts our salaries at the slightest issues. things like smiling during meetings, seeing a cup on the table, removing your shoes in your work station, errors made when typing docs, etc. then if you come late or you are absent from work...... thats another story. worse is nobody knows how the deductions are made. once he has done his deductions, he transfers your salary to your account at any time of next month he so wishes. no pay slip, no explanations. what you see is what you get. ooh most times he travels to UK to spend time with his family, while his staff are down here roasting and finding it difficult to survive. before i forget, my offer letter states closure is 6pm, but them no born you well to leave by that time. Earliest i close is 8.15-8.30pm on a very good day. and you are required to work often on sat and sundays. the man is evil, but responsibilities cant make me leave. would prefer i secure something better before i go. so my dear, it is the norm for most private biz. stay strong, pray and hustle for better opportunities.

Chai! Bad bosses dey this naija sha!
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by omotalkie(f): 10:10am On Nov 14, 2015
yungbeef:
i get paid on the 22nd of the next month. my boss deducts our salaries at the slightest issues. things like smiling during meetings, seeing a cup on the table, removing your shoes in your work station, errors made when typing docs, etc. then if you come late or you are absent from work...... thats another story. worse is nobody knows how the deductions are made. once he has done his deductions, he transfers your salary to your account at any time of next month he so wishes. no pay slip, no explanations. what you see is what you get. ooh most times he travels to UK to spend time with his family, while his staff are down here roasting and finding it difficult to survive. before i forget, my offer letter states closure is 6pm, but them no born you well to leave by that time. Earliest i close is 8.15-8.30pm on a very good day. and you are required to work often on sat and sundays. the man is evil, but responsibilities cant make me leave. would prefer i secure something better before i go. so my dear, it is the norm for most private biz. stay strong, pray and hustle for better opportunities.
Dis ur boss is a typical example of my boss..I had to check ur profile to see if we are working together. My boss is d meanest person(if at all there's a word lyk dat) I have ever seen in dis world..U must report to work 30minutes before time and when u close is none of his bisness,example if ure working afteroon shift which is supposed to close by 8pm,u dare not leave by dat tym if ure not done wit ur work,before u finish and handover to d next shift its already 9:30-10pm. Wot d op is sayn actually happened to me too. Dis man overused me in his hospital for 3 gud months without payn me a dime, and when I requested for ma money which was part of d agreement,he told me dat i'm a corper and dat FG is payn me,I was lyk shocked shocked after d whole stress I had to stop work dia ooh before I die of stress
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by ujuvals: 10:33am On Nov 14, 2015
fart:
Ehen? Your boss is tired of your loose p.u.ssy
whoever wrote this may God save your soul.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by ujuvals: 10:34am On Nov 14, 2015
wisepluto:

Sincerely, your story moved me to tears. I could feel emotion in your write-up.
However, you'll need to know if this is how he treats other staffs. Also, if his staffs are married, how do they cope working for the organization.
If after getting this few info, you still don't see any future in the company. Please resign and part ways with them, as i hope you get paid your outstanding salary.
I trust God on your behalf.
Thank you somuch for your words of encouragement.I have resigned.It is well

2 Likes

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by dantori(m): 10:36am On Nov 14, 2015
ujuvals:
I dont know if this is the best platform to express myself but i just want to cry out as there is power in the social media. I am a young girl of 27 years. I live with my dad in lagos, lost my mum 10 years ago and have been sustaining the family for a while now as my dad's business collapsed due to some circumstances. I am a graduate and very hardworking, i have worked in few places in the past but i want to say i haven't been lucky.

I worked with a transport company in ikeja as at feburary and after working for 3months we were asked to stop with no pay on the note that the company was collapsing and they had no money to pay staffers. It was so painful because i live at iyanoba and have to go through a whole lot of stress and pay up to 700 a day for transport to be at work despite we worked weekends. I felt so used but prayed to God to take control and judge them.

I got another job in september at ikeja i didn't want to take it because i had my fears about salary issue after my past experience but looking at the situation at home where they depended on me for survival i had to let go of my instincts and take the job. It was very stressful, the distance, the constant work on the system and sometimes starving just to be able to save up for transport. Despite the distance i always got to the office by 7:30am to resume 8:00am so you can imagine when i leave my house.

When it got to pay time, i was told my boss travelled and there was no talk on salary till after a long while. i also want to add that on one of those occasions i was going to work i was robbed and my phones taken from me, it was so painful but then its part of life. My female boss eventually took pity on me and paid me for September, i told her i would like to stop but she encouraged me to continue with the impression that i was just tested on my patience. I continued work and now halfway into this month of November i am yet to be paid for October.

The worst part is my boss has refused to show up at work, he avoids calls and sends no message. I eventually got across to him with a strange number and when he picked he said he has a lot of issues his going through but i can stop coming to work; just like that. I asked him for my pay and he said no money at the moment i should stop.

I really feel bitter as i have no one to fight for me and worse is i have debts i incurred in the process of going to work. How do i offset them and start again when am practically cashless. My monthly pay is 40,000 and it can't be too difficult for a man his caliber to pay but i feel he just wants to cheat me knowing there is nothing i can do.

Please nairalanders what do i do? i feel so bad, i don't even know what next to do as am so confused.

Why are the employers taking advantage of the jobless graduates and using them? How bad can it be for someone not working and then after working you get tossed in the bin? I want God to intervene but i need help. Please pardon any grammatical blunders and errors, as i am not in the right frame of mind.

Thanks.

Dear locate national human rights commission you won't regret it
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by ujuvals: 10:36am On Nov 14, 2015
Vado:
First thing first, a 27 year old isn't a young girl. I didn't read the rest.
My dear,your type end up not gaining anything from life.Even if you had read through just maybe you might have learnt something.No knowledge is a waste.Thanks for the correction.i guess it was supposed to be a woman.

2 Likes

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by ujuvals: 10:41am On Nov 14, 2015
youngalex:
Pls I will like to contact you,please I will like you to drop your mail here for people to contact you directly,be strong it is well
Thanks for reaching out.My mail id is ujuvals@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Vado(m): 11:13am On Nov 14, 2015
ujuvals:
My dear,your type end up not gaining anything from life.Even if you had read through just maybe you might have learnt something.No knowledge is a waste.Thanks for the correction.i guess it was supposed to be a woman.

Ouch, that hurts. My sincere apologies for coming as indifferent. I erroneously presumed it was one of those third-person relationship issues choked down reader's throat, that often find their way to fp.
Stay strong and be positive. I believe things will work out for the better sooner than later.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by ujuvals: 11:31am On Nov 14, 2015
Inoknowbook:
I can feel the pain in your post young girl. I'm so sorry for your predicament. It's very unfortunate. I don't know how people can contact others on Nairaland, but if u do, please try to reach me. I cannot leave my number or email here. I guess Nairaland can give you my email address. It is well with you, amen.
Thank you sir, my mail id is ujuvals@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by ujuvals: 11:40am On Nov 14, 2015
babosky2008:
I was moved by your plight but one thing I will advise you is ....don't give up . remember, those dt sews In tears shall reaps in joy.i am based in RSA U CAN MAIL UR PHONE NO AND NAME.TO ME .I W GET A TOKEN 2 SUPPORT U.
.KEEP REENFORCING YOURSELF WV THE WORDS.
I CAN DO ALL TINS TRU JESUS CHRIST
THAT STRENGTHEN ME

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by ujuvals: 11:42am On Nov 14, 2015
beginers:
i feel for, won't you mind if I give you #10000 to do the little it can do for now?
Thank you very much sir.i do appreciate your concern.ujuvals@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by ujuvals: 11:44am On Nov 14, 2015
Thanks to everyone that reached out.I was so depressed when i wrote that.Thank you for the words of encouragement.May God bless us all.Amen

1 Like

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 14, 2015
Raymondenyi:
my brother; are u sensible at all? Did u read the write up? Person never chop, where will she get wherewithal to ofset legal cost?

Since you are sensible advice her
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 14, 2015
Tdonks:

Bro, I have an exact similar situation like that, but not employed officially. I mean no appointment letter even though I asked for it. I am owed 2 1/2months salaries. What would you advise me to do?

It may not be the best advise,you may need to apply a little but strategic violence
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by rafcrown(m): 8:15am On Nov 16, 2015
EMPLOYMENT LAW ?
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 16, 2015
I couldn't read through. All I can say based on d caption is "Congratulations!"

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pls Wat Should I Do? I've Been Compelled Into A Serious Oath / Meet Maira Bashir El-Kanemi Who Started Flying Aircraft At 17 (Photos) / Young Landlord Who Is A UNIBEN Graduate And A Meat Seller (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.