Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

What The Maid. What They Did To The Maid! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What The Maid. What They Did To The Maid! (603 Views)

I Caught My Husband Sucking My Niece’s Breast, Sleeping With Our Maid -wife / Barren Woman Displaced By 14-year Old House Maid From Her Home / Two Nigerian Brothers Recreate Their Childhood Photo. See What They Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What The Maid. What They Did To The Maid! by Totfulguy: 2:59pm On Nov 13, 2015
This thread is dedicated to sharing perspectives and experiences about the goings on in homes and businesses as it relates to maid-Oga-Madam-Children relationships. In many instances it is thought that the frosty relationships between maids and the host family is the fault of the maid. In some cases it is true. In other cases too the maid finds himself/herself with a "faulty" host (Oga,Madam,Children) who do not appreciate the efforts of the madi no matter what. This thread is designed to give us the opportunity to relate your experience (firsthand or secondhand) on what a maid around you or anywhere did for/to her host. And what the host did for/to a maid around you.

Well here is an experience I heard. Because a neighbor is usually harsh with her maid, several instances have occurred where the baby receives some serious beating at the hands of the when the parents were not around. Often, due to abuse and in a bid to prevent further battery, then child adapts to the abuse and NEVER tell her/his parent. I have heard someone give a first-hand experience where a maid held the baby and practically used the baby to wedge a returning door that she swung open. ( I HATE TO relate this).

On the flipside, I have also heard of stories of families whose children, much older than a maid but who subject their maids to impossible tasks and errands which she runs for everyone in the home. She does not get to eat what everyone eats. Her meals are the worst, served in dehumanizing bowls. She is the first to wake and the last to sleep. She is just Nine. A time comes when we have to look out for each other and relate our experiences to provide cues that could be useful in our effort to stop the abuse of maids and children. What have you seen or heard in your environment?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Boost Your Family's Brain Power / Lol. Will You Say Yes? / In Lagos, A Labourer Lifts An Unopened Bag Of Cement With His Teeth (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.