Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,447 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Which One Is Your Pick Among These 3 Cars? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which One Is Your Pick Among These 3 Cars? (1276 Views)

If You Could Have Any 3 Cars, Which Would They Be And Why? / Top 3 Cars Used By Nigerian Politicians - AutoReportNG / See Photos Of The World’s Craziest Limousines – Which Would You Pick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Is Your Pick Among These 3 Cars? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
Candid advice needed please; which is your pick among these three cars? All automatic Transmission and price about #850k

1. Toks 2001 Corolla
2. Toks 2002 Mazda P5 323f
3. Nigeria used 2003 Corolla

Car experts will be welcome and base on Nigeria performance, reliability and maintenance.

Re: Which One Is Your Pick Among These 3 Cars? by lonelydora: 5:13am On Nov 14, 2015
Do you know the owner of the 2003 corolla or the history of the car? If No, don't go close to it please. As long as it's Nigerian used. Well, it's a gamble though, but you should be ready for the unknown.

Don't really know about this madza 323f model. So can't say much on it. You may have to go with the 2001 corolla.
Re: Which One Is Your Pick Among These 3 Cars? by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 14, 2015
[quote author=lonelydora post=39999494]Do you know the owner of the 2003 corolla or the history of the car? If No, don't go close to it please. As long as it's Nigerian used. Well, it's a gamble though, but you should be ready for the unknown.

Don't really know about this madza 323f model. So can't say much on it. You may have to go with the 2001 corolla.

I don't know the owner nor its history but only the assurance that it's in perfect working condition. Thanks for your comment.
Re: Which One Is Your Pick Among These 3 Cars? by nurey(m): 7:21am On Nov 14, 2015
i will pick the 2003 corolla if i can ascertain this things about it
1. the gear is in top notch condition
2. the engine does not overheat
3. if it doesnt show any check engine light
4. the under of the car hasnt rust away

All other problems i believe are minor and can be easily fixed
Re: Which One Is Your Pick Among These 3 Cars? by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 14, 2015

All other problems i believe are minor and can be easily fixed.

Nice one; very insightful! Thanks.
Re: Which One Is Your Pick Among These 3 Cars? by DGD1(m): 10:10am On Nov 14, 2015
alablec:

All other problems i believe are minor and can be easily fixed.

Nice one; very insightful! Thanks.

there r more 2 a 9ja used car.
1. how long it has bin used
2. which area(location)
3. has the engine /transmision Bunn worked on b4
4. why the owner is selling.
5. how much abuse it has been subject to
6. ........
but the main thing is dat u need a good mechanic or someone who knows well about cars for physical examination.

not only the 9ja used in fact the three.
coming online will only point to the 2003 corolla,(the most recent)
I will also pick the 2003 corolla because it's more recent.
Re: Which One Is Your Pick Among These 3 Cars? by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 14, 2015
[quote author=DGD1 post=40006246]

there r more 2 a 9ja used car.
1. how long it has bin used
2. which area(location)
3. has the engine /transmision Bunn worked on b4
4. why the owner is selling.
5. how much abuse it has been subject to
6. ........
but the main thing is dat u need a good mechanic or someone who knows well about cars for physical examination.

not only the 9ja used in fact the three.
coming online will only point to the 2003 corolla,(the most recent)
I will also pick the 2003 corolla because it's more recent.

Good contribution; I actually learnt realities of cars pertaining to Nigeria factors from your comment. Thanks.
Re: Which One Is Your Pick Among These 3 Cars? by ogawisdom(m): 11:27am On Nov 14, 2015
I will buy the 2003 corolla if it was used in naija for less than 3yrs from toks esp if it was used by someone with 8am to 5pm kinda work. Engine, transmission n body in top shape
Re: Which One Is Your Pick Among These 3 Cars? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2015
I would go with the Toks 2001 corolla. Toyota has an unparalleled record of reliability, affordability & maintainability.
Foreigners usually have better technical personnel & better roads so a car coming in Toks is highly likely to be in a better condition than a Nigeria used car irrespective of how careful the owner of the car is, except if the car was hardly used at all.
The Mazda might be a good choice also.

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Your Pick Among These 3 Cars? by 123CarZ(m): 1:16pm On Nov 14, 2015
If u ar in Abj, i ve got a greath deal for u...a 2003 model 307 with 5 speed shiftable automatic, ew10 engine, ac, good tyres and many more. D car is barely 5 mnths now. Im sellin it cos i just got a brand new 2011 hyondai. Price 720k non negociable
Re: Which One Is Your Pick Among These 3 Cars? by billy187(m): 8:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
I would have gone with the mazda....it comes with one of the most fun manual trannys i've ever used!
Re: Which One Is Your Pick Among These 3 Cars? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2015
I would have gone with the mazda....it comes with one of the most fun manual trannys i've ever used![/quote]

Its manual gear is better but I only prefer the 4F27E auto transmission which is far better than 626's CD4E auto transmission.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Babyboy Check Engine Light.. / Does My Car Have A Drinking Problem? / 6 Important Vehicle Documents FRSC Will Always Ask You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.