Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:28 AM

Letter To All Akokites:- 6 Weeks Of Our Lives - Hammed Mustapha - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Letter To All Akokites:- 6 Weeks Of Our Lives - Hammed Mustapha (335 Views)

NASU Strike Is Wasting Our Lives; NYSC Has Been Put On Hold Due To It / University Of Lagos SUG Message To All Akokites / Letter To All Akokites ; 6 Weeks Of Our Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To All Akokites:- 6 Weeks Of Our Lives - Hammed Mustapha by musicpromoter1(m): 3:42am On Nov 14, 2015
“It is terrible in school and more terrible at home”, “Bring back our school days”. This are two of the numerous updates on boredom I have been getting from my fellow University of Lagos students via instant messaging applications in less than one week of vacation.
I am sure you have also gotten something similar too or you have perhaps updated something of such nature yourself. Well, I had a chat with one of the concerned akokite with regards the rant on boredom and I was perplexed to know that all he has in plans going home was “to add weight”. My jaw literally dropped in shock, such amazement that made me consider “add weight” a figurative expression rather than literal and to add salt to my injury, he then made me see through his plans by relating “adding weight” solely to his outlook!!! I am neither writing to judge a friend nor make public a private conversation but I am writing because a host of us are still not sure on what this 6 weeks of our lives respectively should or can be used for. As a concerned akokite and an advocate of common sense, I will be sharing some anecdotes, llustrations and suggestions all on the subject matter and I am sure if well digested like a well prepared fufu and vegetable soup it will inspire us to take actions and also help us get maximum benefit from the not too long and not too short holiday. Now take a walk with me through this, do we all have three hundred and sixty five days in a year? Of course YES will be the common response but to me, NO we do not! We have we do not! We have as many days in a year as we make use of. Let me further massacre the analysis of time like an hungry man will do to a bowl of eba and a well garnished melon soup. There is a cliche as to the number of hours we tend to use to rest (sleep), ‘they say’ we should sleep for eight hours a day i.e from 10:00pm-6:00am. As a mathematics student, my calculation says that is one-third of a day. This invariably implies that we are expected to sleep for one-third of our lives respectively because our time is our life or maybe I will be as right as rain to say we have been sleeping for one-third of our lives respectively. Click link to read all. http://www.spicegists.com/2015/11/letter-to-all-akokites-6-weeks-of-our.html?m=0

(1) (Reply)

Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU) 2015/2016 ADMISSION FORM, Part- Time / How To Receive An Abusive Phone Call / Thread For ETISALAT Prize For Literature 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.