Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,135 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

What Prospects Do Graduates From The Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron Have? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Prospects Do Graduates From The Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron Have? (9683 Views)

Sisters who are graduates from Unizik do crazy make-ups for a career (Pics) / Maritime Sector Records 6,000 Job Losses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Prospects Do Graduates From The Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron Have? by odimbannamdi(m): 10:03am On Nov 14, 2015
My younger brother, who is yet to get into the higher institution, has always aspired to join the armed forces (particularly the Navy) or its affiliates. He partook in this year's NDA exam but unfortunately didnt make the final shortlistment.

So it was a welcomed relief when the Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron advertised their enrolment form. After procuring the form and going for the 1week screening exercise in September, it was a long and anxious wait till this morning when the Merit list was released and his name was there to study Marine Engineering

I really dont know much about the Maritime Academy, but from the little research i have done, i discovered that they are called the Merchant Navy, have similar uniforms with the Navy and even go on courses abroad.

However, i need more detailed information and answers to certain questions so i can advise my little bro accordingly

Normally, upon graduation from NDA, the newly commissioned officers get drafted immediately into the workforce. Is this the same with the Maritime Academy?
How is their ranking structure like?
What is their salary structure like?
Do they command the same respect as do the armed forces?
How often do they go on courses?

Furthermore, their official site states that school resumes tomorrow being the 15th of November and cadets who come after this day would pay a fine of 10,000. If this is the case, why would they publish the list today? why not earlier? what baffles me the most is that, cadets MUST pay their school fees online (149,000) and present the e-receipt at the school gate before they can be granted entrance.

Why is this so? why the fire brigade approach?

these are the questions i can remember for now. I will keep adding more as it occurs to me.

Mods, please help me push this topic to frontpage so i can get as much advice as possible

1 Like

Re: What Prospects Do Graduates From The Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron Have? by Favparis(f): 10:20am On Nov 14, 2015
You guys have more prospect than some University Graduates.......
Ask anywhere........
Re: What Prospects Do Graduates From The Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron Have? by onyeogalu1(m): 10:21am On Nov 14, 2015
I know someone who who graduated from there.
It a very nice place to study with very intense military training if not more than the normal.
Most of their graduates with different vessel and companys come to the school to pick the graduate to work for.

Lalastica abeg show face
Re: What Prospects Do Graduates From The Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron Have? by odimbannamdi(m): 10:22am On Nov 14, 2015
Favparis:
You guys have more prospect than some University Graduates.......

Ask anywhere........

lol...funny reply. please explain further? In what sense?
Re: What Prospects Do Graduates From The Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron Have? by Pamelayoung: 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2015
Send me a pm I'll giv u a contct of their alumni. Man Oron is a gud sch. Dat all I can say 4 now.
Re: What Prospects Do Graduates From The Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron Have? by odimbannamdi(m): 9:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
Pamelayoung:
Send me a pm I'll giv u a contct of their alumni. Man Oron is a gud sch. Dat all I can say 4 now.

Sir, nairaland has refused me sending u a pm. please drop me ur mail, or u can mail me on kevin4christ012@gmail.com. thanks sir
Re: What Prospects Do Graduates From The Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron Have? by donem: 10:50pm On Nov 14, 2015
bro DAT shiiit is crap I swear down, couldn't ignore this thread hence telling u the gospel Truth.

its an absolute waste of money, time and resources, don't even compare nor equate it with NDA, where you are paid to study, and get commissioned after graduation.

a lot of their graduates roam the streets on completion of their course.

after graduation you are absolutely on your own, u need connection to be fixed somewhere.

1 Like

Re: What Prospects Do Graduates From The Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron Have? by odimbannamdi(m): 6:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pamelayoung:

seen ur mail..gracias
Re: What Prospects Do Graduates From The Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron Have? by Omosoro(m): 4:11pm On Dec 06, 2023
What happened did you brother join and did he get a job immediately?
Re: What Prospects Do Graduates From The Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron Have? by Omosoro(m): 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2023
So any luck is the school advisable?
odimbannamdi:
My younger brother, who is yet to get into the higher institution, has always aspired to join the armed forces (particularly the Navy) or its affiliates. He partook in this year's NDA exam but unfortunately didnt make the final shortlistment.

So it was a welcomed relief when the Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron advertised their enrolment form. After procuring the form and going for the 1week screening exercise in September, it was a long and anxious wait till this morning when the Merit list was released and his name was there to study Marine Engineering

I really dont know much about the Maritime Academy, but from the little research i have done, i discovered that they are called the Merchant Navy, have similar uniforms with the Navy and even go on courses abroad.

However, i need more detailed information and answers to certain questions so i can advise my little bro accordingly

Normally, upon graduation from NDA, the newly commissioned officers get drafted immediately into the workforce. Is this the same with the Maritime Academy?
How is their ranking structure like?
What is their salary structure like?
Do they command the same respect as do the armed forces?
How often do they go on courses?

Furthermore, their official site states that school resumes tomorrow being the 15th of November and cadets who come after this day would pay a fine of 10,000. If this is the case, why would they publish the list today? why not earlier? what baffles me the most is that, cadets MUST pay their school fees online (149,000) and present the e-receipt at the school gate before they can be granted entrance.

Why is this so? why the fire brigade approach?

these are the questions i can remember for now. I will keep adding more as it occurs to me.

Mods, please help me push this topic to frontpage so i can get as much advice as possible

(1) (Reply)

Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA / How Will You Survive If Your Boss Fires You Today. / Why Do Medical Laboratory Scientists Find Pleasure In Oppressing Biochemist, MCB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.