Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

How Did You Become A Christian ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did You Become A Christian ? (943 Views)

How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / A Christian Group Feeds Muslim Beggars On Sallah Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Become A Christian ? by UyiIredia(m): 3:31pm On Nov 14, 2015
A thread for all Christians to share and remind themselves of what happened that converted them to Christianity. Tell your story so thatothers may benefit and come to Jesus.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:46pm On Nov 14, 2015
Since I was a toddler . UyiIredia , what about you ?
Re: How Did You Become A Christian ? by UyiIredia(m): 4:02pm On Nov 14, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
Since I was a toddler . UyiIredia , what about you ?

I gave my life to Christ at 8 became a deist March 2013 AND came back to Christ May 4 2014. I came from a pagan background but always appreciated other religions. When I was small when the gateman in my house had evening prayers I joined him and I learned from discussions my Dad had on religion with Hindus but the gospel caught my interest. The sacrificial death on the cross is what caught my interest and my mum was so far gone apparently, she was still pretending to be pagan while giing to church at my Dads back. It's one of those times I came to church that I specific all converted to Christianity.

My Dad's conversion was stunning. Especially since he argued with Christians a lot and was a convinced pagan. So imagine my surprise when one morning he wakes everybody in the house for praise and prayed and starts telling everybody he is now a Christian. B4 he went to church to go through the motions of being born again. And what changed his mind ? As he recounted, Jesus came to him in a dream and showed him sights in heaven and asked where that is where he would like to be which he said yes to. He woke up and . . . you know the rest.

Folks should keep their stories coming.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Become A Christian ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
smiley
Re: How Did You Become A Christian ? by UyiIredia(m): 10:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
Bump!
Re: How Did You Become A Christian ? by tartar9(m): 10:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
UyiIredia:

I gave my life to Christ at 8 became a deist March 2013 AND came back to Christ May 4 2014. I came from a pagan background but always appreciated other religions. When I was small when the gateman in my house had evening prayers I joined him and I learned from discussions my Dad had on religion with Hindus but the gospel caught my interest. The sacrificial death on the cross is what caught my interest and my mum was so far gone apparently, she was still pretending to be pagan while giing to church at my Dads back. It's one of those times I came to church that I specific all converted to Christianity.

My Dad's conversion was stunning. Especially since he argued with Christians a lot and was a convinced pagan. So imagine my surprise when one morning he wakes everybody in the house for praise and prayed and starts telling everybody he is now a Christian. B4 he went to church to go through the motions of being born again. And what changed his mind ? As he recounted, Jesus came to him in a dream and showed him sights in heaven and asked where that is where he would like to be which he said yes to. He woke up and . . . you know the rest.

Folks should keep their stories coming.
can you kindly explain further what caught your interest on the supposed murder of God on a stick?

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Christian ? by UyiIredia(m): 11:45pm On Nov 17, 2015
tartar9:
can you kindly explain further what caught your interest on the supposed murder of God on a stick?

First you'll need to study Hindu and learn the concept of an avatar.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian ? by Rilwayne001: 3:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
UyiIredia:

lool
Re: How Did You Become A Christian ? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
UyiIredia:

Lol. grin
Re: How Did You Become A Christian ? by urheme: 9:01am On Feb 07, 2016
UyiIredia:

And this is an answer .

Abeg gerrrrrr.at.

Re: How Did You Become A Christian ? by olatunjithomas(m): 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
UyiIredia:
Bump!

hi boss, I'm sorry to have disturbed you,but there is one thing
I need from you,
Nd I will be so glad if I can get it boss
with due respect boss, I had like you to support falconey for
Mr nairaland 2016. you've done it before, you're a champion,
you can do it again.
the profile is www.nairaland.com/falconey

thanks boss, respect.
if you like to join the WhatsApp group ,you can PM me, I'll sort
that out thanks once again boss
TEAMFALCONEY.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Great Scriptural Quotes For The Week / Is There Biblical Record Of Prophets After The Death Of Jesus? / Is LUCIFER Truly The Name Of SATAN???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.