Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

How Long A Backlink Takes To Activate And Appear In Alexa Ranking? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Long A Backlink Takes To Activate And Appear In Alexa Ranking? (1073 Views)

Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast / Nairaland Most Visited Site In Nigeria Than Facebook.com - Alexa Ranking / 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long A Backlink Takes To Activate And Appear In Alexa Ranking? by HarshS(m): 4:05pm On Nov 14, 2015
Hey Webmasters - First of all accept my humble and respectful obeisances.
Next I would like to ask that I've recently created few backlinks for my blog. I've used blog commenting method for backlinking.
I did confirm that all of my comments were approved by the respected authors. But when I checked my Alexa stats, still they were not reflected in the backlink counts.

Can any one of you, please guide why the links were not added into the Alexa stats or how long would they take to appear?

Thanks everyone!!!
Re: How Long A Backlink Takes To Activate And Appear In Alexa Ranking? by HarshS(m): 5:23pm On Nov 14, 2015
Thanks @fabulous660 for your response.
And yes, if we get different views about this issue that would certainly help many like us.

1 Like

Re: How Long A Backlink Takes To Activate And Appear In Alexa Ranking? by pneumaticos(m): 5:55pm On Nov 14, 2015
All internet tools have their week point. No seo tool can give all the data that is required to check for all your links including googles webmaster tool

Indexing a link can be done just immediately it was created but may take weeks if not months before you see it on any seo tool platform...ahrefs seem to be cool for now
Re: How Long A Backlink Takes To Activate And Appear In Alexa Ranking? by bizfirst: 2:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
Hi HarshS,

Alexa updates it's data at set times no outsider is privy to...however, I notice that my backlinks reflect after about 3 weeks...however, there are some batches that took up to 2 months to appear.

From the set pattern I have noticed in my experience, a day is set aside for updates by Alexa and on this day, all the pending links show up, even if they are only a day old smiley

However, may I suggest another (more reliable) backlink checking tool for you? Try: https://moz.com/researchtools/ose/

Regards,

#Bizfirst#

2 Likes

Re: How Long A Backlink Takes To Activate And Appear In Alexa Ranking? by HarshS(m): 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
Thanks @Bizfirst for the valuable piece of information. I too have Moz bar installed in my browser, but sometimes it also delays to update the no. of backlinks. Anyways thanks for the help, it is really helpful.
Re: How Long A Backlink Takes To Activate And Appear In Alexa Ranking? by Oworock(m): 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
[url="http://www.oworock.com/2015/06/steps-on-how-to-increase-alexa-ranking.html]Steps on how to increase alexa ranking[/url]

1 Like

Re: How Long A Backlink Takes To Activate And Appear In Alexa Ranking? by cheavroi(m): 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
One factor that can influence how soon a backlink to a website appears is the frequency at which Google crawls the website the link is on.

What this means is that, if Google crawls a website every one month, then if you have a link on that site to your website, it might take a month for the links to be discovered by the search engine before it is recognised, indexed and then reflected.

I don't know how alexa works but that is how Google works.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Free EBOOK: 178 Hot Selling Fiverr Gigs / What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? / Please Help: Please Recommed A Hosting Site For My Wordpress Built Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.