Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking (12857 Views)

How Can I Add My Blog To Alexa Ranking / Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast / Nairaland Most Visited Site In Nigeria Than Facebook.com - Alexa Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by Mediapace: 8:27am On Jan 07, 2016
Alexa Traffic rank is a rough measure of a website's popularity compared with all other sites on internet taking into account both number of visitors and number of pageviews on each visit.

To improve your alexa rank,these are the things you need:

1.You need a whole lot of traffic :
Traffic is the main source of good Alexa rank,All other points am giving rests on it,it Is good traffic good alexa [vice versa]

2.You need a whole lot of back links :
THERE Is probably nothing you want to do as a webmaster or wapmaster that you don't need backlinks,be it improving your s.e.o.,applying for adsense e.t.c. No exception with alexa too. You need a whole lot of backlinks from other websites to improve your s.e.o.

3.Update your website regularly :
In most site usually at the footer,you will see alexa widgets saying no informations to display. This is because the owner fails to update his/her website for months and if you don't update your site regularly again,your alexa rank will be increasing instead of decreasing

4.Have a nice S.e.o. :
If your contents are always on firstpage of every search engines,your alexa rank will be a very good one. Alexa ranks with S.E.O.

5.You must have a nice domain extension e.g. .com,.org,.net,.ng :
Have you ever seen any websites with subdomain extension having below 1000 Alexa rank,disgusting isn't it? The fact is that most of them are using their hoster Alexa rank,it isn't theirs. You have to get a nice domain extension to improve you alexa rank

6.Make sure you claim your site :
Claiming you site is a very important task,by claiming it,you are showing that you own the site. After claĆ­ming,code will be given to you to place in your html page,by claiming alexa bots will crawl your site more than before to give you good alexa rank

7.Place Alexa widget on your site :
Placing the widget on your website improve your s.e.o. As search engines will have your data more quickly And good s.e.o. Improves your Alexa Rank

8.Writting about Alexa as am doing now :
Writting about alexa is the recent research that improves your alexa,you know as you are writting for them,you give them traffic and backlinks,they will also send you unique visitors too !

Webmasters oya add 9&10

source:
http://www.mediapace.wapka.mobi/forum2_theme_112572675.xhtml?tema=6

Conclusion : You may practice all this and may not work,just keep trying.
They are various websites in the world,someone will have to take the 1st!

Cc Lalasticlala

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by philsss(m): 9:13am On Jan 07, 2016
My site
www.gistnigerians..com

How can I make it top Alexia Ranking
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by Mediapace: 9:23am On Jan 07, 2016
Baclinks
philsss:
My site www.gistnigerians..com
How can I make it top Alexia Ranking
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by deeswagger: 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nice
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by tunwumi: 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
fg
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by izuch(m): 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
Good
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nice...
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by ramalot(m): 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
Number 5, 6, 7 and 8 are completely FALSE.

Let's face it, Alexa is a business. They are owned by Amazon, and are more concerned about profits than rankings.

I'll give you an example:

If you have a ranking, say around 3-4 million, then you subscribe to Alexa's advanced metrics plan at $9.99 a month, you will see your ranking go from millions to under 100k within 3 to 4 days.

Do you imagine your traffic has simply exploded overnight? Nope! It's simply that their algorithm favors paid subscribers.
If you doubt it, feel free to pay for one month and see what happens.

They have the ability to offer accurate traffic tracking, but they refuse to do so, except it is paid for.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by Azazi(m): 1:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
Come ....Bia.. Who is this alex they are talking about kwa

3 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by Lordskyes(m): 1:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
Yeah that's very correct...its working fine..!!!
http://famenaija.com
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by ofofoCEO(f): 1:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
Well, I have tried all this for my blog [url]amebohub.com[/url] but it's still not rising among the ranks.
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by mbeltima(m): 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
Please I need an asistance, I have been trying to build my website with wordpress but I'm not getting right. Would you help please
mbeltima@gmail.com
Whatsapp 2348117595815
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by iamjayboss(m): 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
okay, Webmasters section still dey Nairaland
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by gistmeloveblog: 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
Alexa ranking without making money on blog..
Iranu abasha
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
No. 7 is a pure lie.
No. 8 is also not true.
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by cyberwaver(m): 1:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
mbeltima:
Please I need an asistance, I have been trying to build my website with wordpress but I'm not getting right. Would you help please
mbeltima@gmail.com
Whatsapp 2348117595815
send me a mail @ hope.praise.hp@gmail.com
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by soldierdollar(m): 1:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
Mediapace:
Alexa Traffic rank is a rough measure of a website's popularity compared with all other sites on internet taking into account both number of visitors and number of pageviews on each visit.

To improve your alexa rank,these are the things you need:

1.You need a whole lot of traffic :
Traffic is the main source of good Alexa rank,All other points am giving rests on it,it Is good traffic good alexa [vice versa]

Very true.

2.You need a whole lot of back links :
THERE Is probably nothing you want to do as a webmaster or wapmaster that you don't need backlinks,be it improving your s.e.o.,applying for adsense e.t.c. No exception with alexa too. You need a whole lot of backlinks from other websites to improve your s.e.o.

Good backlings, good search engine authority, higher chances of search engine first page, higher chances of traffic-->> TRUE

3.Update your website regularly :
In most site usually at the footer,you will see alexa widgets saying no informations to display. This is because the owner fails to update his/her website for months and if you don't update your site regularly again,your alexa rank will be increasing instead of decreasing

Boils down to traffic. A good ( AND STEADY) traffic with a few posts influences good Alexa rank in the same way as having numerous updates with same amount of traffic. Traffic is the key.

4.Have a nice S.e.o. :
If your contents are always on firstpage of every search engines,your alexa rank will be a very good one. Alexa ranks with S.E.O.
In summary, have a good traffic source

5.You must have a nice domain extension e.g. .com,.org,.net,.ng :
Have you ever seen any websites with subdomain extension having below 1000 Alexa rank,disgusting isn't it? The fact is that most of them are using their hoster Alexa rank,it isn't theirs. You have to get a nice domain extension to improve you alexa rank

Domain extension has nothing to do with Alexa rank. Lindaikeji..com says it all.

6.Make sure you claim your site :
Claiming you site is a very important task,by claiming it,you are showing that you own the site. After claĆ­ming,code will be given to you to place in your html page,by claiming alexa bots will crawl your site more than before to give you good alexa rank

Claim or no claim, it has no effects on Alexa. Claiming only gives you the privilege to say more about your website

7.Place Alexa widget on your site :
Placing the widget on your website improve your s.e.o. As search engines will have your data more quickly And good s.e.o. Improves your Alexa Rank

I don't see how Alexa widget will possibly improve SEO

8.Writting about Alexa as am doing now :
Writting about alexa is the recent research that improves your alexa,you know as you are writting for them,you give them traffic and backlinks,they will also send you unique visitors too !

Anything that increases your traffic is welcome. But writing about Alexa cannot send you visitors.

Webmasters oya add 9&10

TRAFFIC is the key. Good ( BUT STEADY) traffic, good Alexa rank. I have few backlinks but my blog http://jadijadi.com ranks well

source:
http://www.mediapace.wapka.mobi/forum2_theme_112572675.xhtml?tema=6

Conclusion : You may practice all this and may not work,just keep trying.
They are various websites in the world,someone will have to take the 1st!

VERY TRUE

Cc Lalasticlala
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by Zain007(m): 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
mbeltima:
mbeltima@gmail.com
Whatsapp 2348117595815
contact me through my profile and i will then know how to help you out on your wordpress site
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by AmakaDNB(f): 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
Alexa works hand in hand with Google analytics... So in other words, original content is KEY.
Copy and Paste blogs sorry.
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by leMuhito(f): 1:45pm On Jan 07, 2016
ramalot:
Number 5, 6, 7 and 8 are completely FALSE.

Let's face it, Alexa is a business. They are owned by Amazon, and are more concerned about profits than rankings.

I'll give you an example:

If you have a ranking, say around 3-4 million, then you subscribe to Alexa's advanced metrics plan at $9.99 a month, you will see your ranking go from millions to under 100k within 3 to 4 days.

Do you imagine your traffic has simply exploded overnight? Nope! It's simply that their algorithm favors paid subscribers.
If you doubt it, feel free to pay for one month and see what happens.

They have the ability to offer accurate traffic tracking, but they refuse to do so, except it is paid for.

Very true
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by idolda: 1:52pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ok
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by idolda: 1:53pm On Jan 07, 2016
AmakaDNB:
Alexa works hand in hand with Google analytics... So in other words, original content is KEY.
Copy and Paste blogs sorry.

Can you then explain why nairaland ranks high?
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
Almost all these points are false wonder how you made FP

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by olafum1(m): 1:56pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ok
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by emmyw(m): 1:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
But Op, your site don't have a good domain extension? Hope you know that? And there is not Alexa widget on that wapka site(my observations though)
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by tomholly: 2:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hmmmmm. noted
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
nice 1

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hi. I'm Jide Ogunsanya; Owner Of Ogbongeblog.com. Ask Me Anything! / 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier / There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.