Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,270 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] (74158 Views)

OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why / Elujoba Visits OAU All Hall Of Residence For Inspection (photos) / Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by kojusoluwa7(m): 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
watered:
Its only affecting "Yolobas"
. Mumu na em u be
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by ezteem(m): 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
ishowdotgmail:
Currently in all hall of Residence(Both Male and female hostel) postgraduate hall inclusive also,students have been faced with this terrible infection caused by the famous insect ROOVE BEETLE a.k.a SKIRT and BLOUSE.
Studies shows that this insect contain a potent
vesicant in their haemolymph which can produce a skin irritation called dermatitis linearis.Once killed and its fluid come in contact with your skin there will be a SKIN DISORDER.
Currently the students are on a move to protest tagged "#FUMIGATE_UI"

Its was called "paapa", you dare not kill it or let its fluid touch your skin.... It'll burn... Lol, had my fare share of scars on my back and neck
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by Firevinci(m): 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
drjoshua2000:
Had a terrible scar on my face during my final year courtesy this ant. I looked like a tiger for some days.

ROTF

you got me cracking my ribs there
By the way what's this bite is like on the skin?
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by MrsAnyanwu(f): 12:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
grin
Jaideyone:
the energy, money and time wasted on your education should have been used to raise poultry
hahhhhhaaa, chaiii ya wicked.... grin
Jaideyone:
the energy, money and time wasted on your education should have been used to raise poultry
hahhhhhaaa, chaiii ya wicked....
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by MrsAnyanwu(f): 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
biz2get:

RACISM angry angry angry angry WETIN DO YOLOBAS NAH
tribalism not racism
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by Nemesis99(m): 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
With my sniper insecticide at hand, I dare any f**ing skirt and blouse to come near me grin

1 Like

Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by Rixy007(m): 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
tukur30:

Lol! The insect be like"am enforcing the dress code"
ah swear... Was outside shirtless the other day in d hostel wen one guy told me about it I sharply go wear cloth
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by Djshyne007(m): 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
otimothy:
my dear you had better run to agbowo or ajibode,its been like that when i was there.
Confirm so my villa(Ajibode) is now a fotress of solitude abi....ur head is dia jare
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by Rixy007(m): 1:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
I don't think dx skirt nd blouse bite... It's just d fluid dat is toxic
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by mikolo80: 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
philfrey08:
Ever since i was an underG there.... na so o...
Skirt n Blouse get im season, if u beat am for your body, u go just carry mark

But Op, why this pics na... abeg put am as Graphic image
o so that's what under G stands for. Hm I guess you learn everyday.
BTW so na the skirt and blouse be dat. Lord you are merciful o. me think na just another stinging insect
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by mikolo80: 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
ishowdotgmail:
Currently in all hall of Residence(Both Male and female hostel) postgraduate hall inclusive also,students have been faced with this terrible infection caused by the famous insect ROOVE BEETLE a.k.a SKIRT and BLOUSE.
Studies shows that this insect contain a potent
vesicant in their haemolymph which can produce a skin irritation called dermatitis linearis.Once killed and its fluid come in contact with your skin there will be a SKIN DISORDER.
Currently the students are on a move to protest tagged "#FUMIGATE_UI"
Them no Sabi where dem de sell pesticide ne. #vetandagricstudents
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
jomonic:
A wall gecko could get killed if it swallows this insect. That's how dangerous it is.
are you serious?
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by joel4422: 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
Win!!! Win!!! Win!!! We bless God for a successful winning on
our weekend game. It's been great all the way, here
is our won ticket for the weekend fixed match.
I congratulate all my new and old subscribers winning for
the first time, now you can testify that fixed matches exist.
Straight up to our next fixed game which comes up on
wednesday. I encourage you all join our winning this
midweek and our games will be available with odds ranging
from 130 odds and 935 odds.
Interested subscribers should inbox me on facebook now or
add me up on whatsapp on:08032557731or call me now on
08032557731Your winning is always our priority. Stay
bless!!!

Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by Xynthialuvy(f): 1:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
Jaideyone:
. U are right
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by biz2get(m): 1:48pm On Nov 15, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
tribalism not racism

Abeg No vex!! I dey Hungry that time wey i write am wink wink wink...
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by slaknoah(m): 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
Disturbing oau too. Have got the mark on my face too
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by awesome11(m): 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
Jaideyone:

His parents would have been millionaires now!
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by awesome11(m): 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
Jaideyone:

And sure enough, his parents would have been millionaires now!
Wasted resources..
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by donem: 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
is the skin disorder temporary or permanent?
Its temporal sire, I encountered it during my service year in Nwangele IMO state, if found on your body best form of eradication is to blow it off, or push it away from your skin with your finger.

If u mistakenly stamp/kill it while on your skin, the fluid lives you with a kind of fire burn scar.
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by Kirusky4life(f): 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
The insect is currently dealing with us at Delta state NYSC orientation camp. we cnt wait to get out of here tomorrow. many ppl re going home with voluntary tattoo. courtesy of electric ant
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by Nickymezor(f): 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
is the skin disorder temporary or permanent?
its permanent oo... mehn I fear dat insect lik crazy. ... Thank God it neva bit me tho I hv killed loads of dem way bk in high sch.. Neva saw it @ college... Skirt n Blouse sucks big tym
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by MrsAnyanwu(f): 2:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
biz2get:

Abeg No vex!! I dey Hungry that time wey i write am wink wink wink...
hahhhhhaaa, abeg go chop ooo, remain my own ooo
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by professore(m): 3:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
They should do something about it quickly
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by kelzgie44: 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
CHM11:
this insect gave me one nice fat temporary tattoo back then in Uniben......that was the day I stopped night class.

..WHR u bin dey read Cos I went round in my days....skirt and blouse Neva knew me ..buh bed bug did...#basement and pharmacy
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by udomma1005(m): 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
The insect with the same catastrophic way of life I know is tagged "Papa",just hearing "mini skirt & blouse" for de first time.
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
The insects are everywhere and anywhere. I live in Abuja and I saw one on my skin when I moved to a new place in maitama... I brought out my stun gun and zapped it to death. I knew it was familiar but didn't think much of it till now.
By d way I don't think it's marks n bites are permanent dou...
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by Soknown: 3:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
This is an Acid Bug or called Papa bug by Mariners.
Background:
Several varieties of Acid Bugs are native to West Africa. In the Harmattan season (fall) when prevailing winds are out of the north, these flying insects invade drilling rigs, vessels and platforms working on and off the coast of Nigeria and these days some land locations.
They fly on the facility, jettison their wings and crawl around looking for prey.
The bodies of these insects contain an anhydride named “Cantharidin” that causes a blistering and burning sensation to any part of the human body that is exposed to it when crushed.
The solution is, if you found any on you, Just flick don't swat. Check your clothings when you arrived home from outings, check your seat before you sit down.(on lighter note, Imagine sitting on one of these, as a man the balls would fry up.)
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by darlington64: 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
PAPA as fondly called,the crazy insect show us pepper for akwa ibom orientation camp 2013 batch c
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by Emeralddd(f): 4:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
Still bearing the pains this insect gave me, please, can normal insecticide kill or prevent this insect attack?
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by Souljaboi1: 5:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
philfrey08:
Ever since i was an underG there.... na so o...
Skirt n Blouse get im season, if u beat am for your body, u go just carry mark

But Op, why this pics na... abeg put am as Graphic image

Omo Ladoke !!

The insect were much in 1000 LT those days.
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by Klexy007(m): 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
watered:
Its only affecting "Yolobas"

The first time I saw and heard about the insect was in your region...... So get small sense.....
Re: Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] by Klexy007(m): 6:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
Emeralddd:
Still bearing the pains this insect gave me, please, can normal insecticide kill or prevent this insect attack?

Don't kill it on your flesh, use your mouth to blow it away and kill with your feet. Yes, insecticide can kill it... Use sheer-butter or tooth-paste to rob on where it inflicted pais on you....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The 10 Most Horrific Methods Of Execution Throughout History (pain Before Death) / Richard Akindele: Monica Osagie Sent Nudes To Me, Why I Demanded 5 Rounds Of Sex / Success Adegor's Results, Comes 1st In Class (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.