Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God (21814 Views)

Igbo Man Describes Jesus As Greek Idol, Warns Igbos To Stop Worshipping Him / Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday / Actor Robert Powell: Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by gentlegenius(m): 10:04am On Nov 15, 2015
Votukpa:

You should be getting thousands of likes but you only got 3. This knowledge you just put out here puts you above all tle useless men of God In this country, doctrine wise.

It says clearly in the bible that we should not forsake the gathering of fellow Christians but it never said we should literarily "go to church", did ît?. It goes without saying that church isn't a physical one goes to. Rather, it's more about how we behave and act especially to our brethren. In this respect, I don't go to church, but I "go to church" daily.

This is true worship, spiritually going to church daily.
It's not about getting the 'likes'. I'm happy that the message is passed and it got many views... I really like your religious mentality. Pls keep it going.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by pinkrex(m): 10:05am On Nov 15, 2015
StOla:
Today, I will switch ON my TV as I always do, and watch cartoons and movies to try create an air of peace and happiness.

So much strife, misery and violence in a religious world, that I ponder what sanity an irreligious society could have offered.

All around me, an adulterous man has just polished his shoes and headed to church. A fraudulent employee has just filled his wallet with cash for offertory - funds embezzled from overstated receipts from the past week.
The choir master has put on his best perfume in the hopes that Mary will return home with him this Sunday afternoon. The pastor has just perfected another strategy of improving the amount of revenue realised from his Sunday business, costs will certainly be borne by the Williams who just had a test tube baby the church has craftily termed a miracle.

We will all wake up on Monday and return to our busy weekly activities, except that only I would have truly rested.

Christ dint come for the healthy but the sick. A righteous man is not available, thats why grace came. In constant expose to the presence and word of God, the scripture reproaches, teaches and build us.

It is better to be in the presence of God as a sinner than to find reason not to be in the faults of others. Salvation is a personal race. Your neighbours' sins wont be on your head.
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by davidmoyes(m): 10:08am On Nov 15, 2015
LORDDICE:

them get 1 church for my area, u don't use ur phones or tabs
Any reason for that?
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by beright: 10:10am On Nov 15, 2015
Going to church is religion, worshiping God is spiritual
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by beright: 10:11am On Nov 15, 2015
davidmoyes:
Any reason for that?
to avoid distraction
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by missyadorable(f): 10:15am On Nov 15, 2015
StOla:
Today, I will switch ON my TV as I always do, and watch cartoons and movies to try create an air of peace and happiness.

So much strife, misery and violence in a religious world, that I ponder what sanity an irreligious society could have offered.

All around me, an adulterous man has just polished his shoes and headed to church. A fraudulent employee has just filled his wallet with cash for offertory - funds embezzled from overstated receipts from the past week.
The choir master has put on his best perfume in the hopes that Mary will return home with him this Sunday afternoon. The pastor has just perfected another strategy of improving the amount of revenue realised from his Sunday business, costs will certainly be borne by the Williams who just had a test tube baby the church has craftily termed a miracle.

We will all wake up on Monday and return to our busy weekly activities, except that only I would have truly rested.

You have said it all.

For me,sunday is a day to spend indoors.Eat,sleep,watch movies and surf the internet...
After a tedious week,i deserve to rest.Even God rested!

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by gentlegenius(m): 10:23am On Nov 15, 2015
pinkrex:

Christ dint come for the healthy but the sick. A righteous man is not available, thats why grace came. In constant expose to the presence and word of God, the scripture reproaches, teaches and build us.

It is better to be in the presence of God as a sinner than to find reason not to be in the faults of others. Salvation is a personal race. Your neighbours' sins wont be on your head.
Are you referring to the church as the presence of God? Pls read your Bible very well. The Bible says the most high God doesn't stay in houses built by human hands rather it's our hearts that is the presence of God. God dwells in our hearts through his Spirit. Read Acts 17: 24; 1 Corinth 6: 19; Ephesians 3: 17
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by MhzzKay(f): 10:28am On Nov 15, 2015
StOla:

We will all wake up on Monday and return to our busy weekly activities, except that only I would have truly rested. The sooner we realize that salvation is a personal race we'll stop worrying about d adulterous man going to church or d choirmaster dat has hopes that sister Mary will return home or d religious fanaticism in the world today....On the last day evry man will stand n will be judged according to his/her works,let every man work out his own salvation with fear and trembling...God bless you

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Onlymewakacum(m): 10:28am On Nov 15, 2015
StOla:

You are very funny

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Neplusultra(f): 10:28am On Nov 15, 2015
Why should I care wen after the race, the miles will be counted! God is not mocked!
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Lytech(m): 10:30am On Nov 15, 2015
The different is just the mind set... Will prefer not going than misleading people by going to church

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by pinkrex(m): 10:36am On Nov 15, 2015
gentlegenius:

Are you referring to the church as the presence of God? Pls read your Bible very well. The Bible says the most high God doesn't stay in houses built by human hands rather it's our hearts that is the presence of God. God dwells in our hearts through his Spirit.

God is a spirit. He is everywhere. As the bible says "where two or more are gathered in his name, he is there". Let us not erroneously give out ourselves, I dont attend all religious gatherings, but religious gatherings are more often than not fhe only opportunity some people have to hear the gospel and get saved.

We are also instructed not to neglect the gathering of the brethrens.

The testimony of others can build your own faith. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing of the word of God.

The part of personal study was recorded in the book of Timothy were the bible spoke on studying to show thyself approved. It is a personal structure to gain understanding of the word. It dint proclaim self withdrawal. Neither can we as Christians exist in isolation.

That said, we cannot also use the reality of Nigerian Christians to generalize. Christianity is not the same everywhere.

To end, I am not an ardent subsriber of quoting a particular scripture without the precept, but I will reference something from the Book of Jude to help our spiritual understanding of how carnal people understand some things:

Jude 1:10
Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals--these are the very things that destroy them.
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by oforij(m): 10:37am On Nov 15, 2015
Titto93:
10 Reasons why many go to Church
1. To showcase swag
2. To find better pikin
3. To fulfill all righteousness.
4. To appear good.
5. For going sake.
6. To fulfill another's wish.
7. To quell loneliness.
8. To observe people.
9. To listen to people's donations and testimonies.
10. To worship God.
GBAM
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by MoonChildng: 10:50am On Nov 15, 2015
Church in Nigeria is a business venture and Religion is a tool of mind control.
gentlegenius:
Fellow Christians on Nairaland,
If you ask people why they always go to Church, the possible answer will be 'to worship God'. But actually, what does it mean and what does it take to 'worship' God? Is it by being in church to sing and shout during 'worship session'? Anyway, to 'worship God' means to have deep love and reverence(respect & honour) for God. The key words here are love & honour. To love God involves two things: 1. Keeping his commands(John 14:15, 21). 2. Loving our fellow brethrens(1 John 4:20 - 21). Again, Trying to Honour God is futile - He doesn't receive honour from us(John 5:41). We should rather give our honour to men(1Pet 1:7). So do people actually show love and honour to God by singing and shouting in church? Obviously, No. Many church goers sing to God with their lips while their hearts are far away from him. God himself is looking for true worshipers, not church goers(John 4:21-24).
I'm not trying to condemn going to church but The truth is: GOING TO CHURCH IS A LIFELINE WHILE WORSHIPPING GOD IS A LIFESTYLE!
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by freshcvvs: 11:03am On Nov 15, 2015
darlenese:

Check ur life
You will see the difference

Difference like?

Btw, you typed this from where?
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:12am On Nov 15, 2015
he be like sa u people no go church abi...... ,MA GOD FORGIVE U PEOPLE///// JESUS IS WACHING U PEOPLE grin grin grin grin
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by esonuu(m): 11:17am On Nov 15, 2015
Sunday holiness,4rm 2moro it becums "business as usual"...anyways "REMEMBER THE SABATH DAY,KIP IT HOLY
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Princephelar(m): 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
StOla:

I like your speech but it pained me so much that you've skipped that neighbor that has always being nothing but a good friend of all, well spoken by all and you also know he is a jolly good fellow, or that sister who comes to your door to drop tracts and share the word of God with you... oh! let's not forget that guy that you also know he is a true worshipper like you know your name...

My word is simple, we human rant about the bad and make things we don't like sound like it's plague... tell me you don't like church but stop talking like everyone who goes to church are fake peeps... plus we av fake peeps everywea... mosque, viewer centre, cinemas, even amidst peeps you call friends...
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by gentlegenius(m): 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
princessdami:
Go to church so dat wen u die church go buri u
That's the major reason why many people are in church today.
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by gentlegenius(m): 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
esonuu:
Sunday holiness,4rm 2moro it becums "business as usual"...anyways "REMEMBER THE SABATH DAY,KIP IT HOLY
Keeping the Sabbath day holy doesn’t mean going to church on Sundays. God commands us to rest entirely on the Sabbath in order to keep it holy. Read EXODUS 20: 8-11.
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Cameleon72(f): 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
Is now left for you to ponder on which class you belong to Going to church is a PUBLIC Attitude while Worshipping God is a PERSONAL Attitude.
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by gentlegenius(m): 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
he be like sa u people no go church abi...... ,MA GOD FORGIVE U PEOPLE///// JESUS IS WACHING U PEOPLE grin grin grin grin
God is watching everybody and he searches our hearts not our churches. It is not a sin to stay away from church but it is a sin to forget God. Don't fool yourself, salvation doesn't come from going to church. Jesus said that the tax collectors and the prostitutes will enter the kingdom of God ahead of you(church goer). Read Matthew 21: 31.
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by joel4422: 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
Win!!! Win!!! Win!!! We bless God for a successful winning on
our weekend game. It's been great all the way, here
is our won ticket for the weekend fixed match.
I congratulate all my new and old subscribers winning for
the first time, now you can testify that fixed matches exist.
Straight up to our next fixed game which comes up on
wednesday. I encourage you all join our winning this
midweek and our games will be available with odds ranging
from 130 odds and 935 odds.
Interested subscribers should inbox me on facebook now or
add me up on whatsapp on:08032557731or call me now on
08032557731Your winning is always our priority. Stay
bless!!!

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by LORDDICE(m): 1:11pm On Nov 15, 2015
davidmoyes:
Any reason for that?
they say its cos of d distraction it causes, bt trust me, I no send them
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by bonechamberlain(m): 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
StOla:

gratias, too much religious gullibility in this country.
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by 4front(m): 1:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
Timoleon:
@op you are jonzing stil. how do u know the heart of those in church that you made yourself judge that they are not worshiping God?

Guy don't always judge dis way, remember what is important is ur own service b4 God, u shld b less concern abt who spend d offering or tithes. Do as instructed by holy spirit n go ur way. Remember d bible says we shld not forsake d gathering of d brethren. U are nt even sure u are equally as holy as u think. We are all in d process of perfection n it is nt by work but by grace. Don't be judgemental. Abpoet
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by esonuu(m): 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
gentlegenius:

Keeping the Sabbath day holy doesn’t mean going to church on Sundays. God commands us to rest entirely on the Sabbath in order to keep it holy. Read EXODUS 20: 8-11.
oga wey dey quote bible 4 me lyk say em sabi am pas me,i'm an Adventist and i knw kipn d sabbath holy entails resting dat day,worshipping dat day,avoid doing tins dat satisfies ur selfish desires on dat day,nt doing any work or profaning the sabbath..i said wat i said cos ppl lyks posting religous post on sundays perhaps cos they ignorantly fink thats the ryt day of worship,subsequently after dat sunday holiness,they walk bak to their normal wey of life. NOW DO U STIL WANA TUTOR ME?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Fallen Angels From The Andromeda Galaxy ( Nephilim ) / What To Do When You Find It Difficult To Forgive Someone / 5 Supernatural Experiences You Will Have When You Genuinely Encounter God...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.