Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God (21808 Views)

Igbo Man Describes Jesus As Greek Idol, Warns Igbos To Stop Worshipping Him / Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday / Actor Robert Powell: Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Dizney(m): 2:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
StOla:
Today, I will switch ON my TV as I always do, and watch cartoons and movies to try create an air of peace and happiness.

So much strife, misery and violence in a religious world, that I ponder what sanity an irreligious society could have offered.

All around me, an adulterous man has just polished his shoes and headed to church. A fraudulent employee has just filled his wallet with cash for offertory - funds embezzled from overstated receipts from the past week.
The choir master has put on his best perfume in the hopes that Mary will return home with him this Sunday afternoon. The pastor has just perfected another strategy of improving the amount of revenue realised from his Sunday business, costs will certainly be borne by the Williams who just had a test tube baby the church has craftily termed a miracle.

We will all wake up on Monday and return to our busy weekly activities, except that only I would have truly rested.

God bless you for this. After going to school from monday to saturday, (that kin futa stress), sunday is the only day i get to watch clothes, full-time tidying up the whole house and as an artistic student, make more pages to my comicbook. And anyday i go to church, only for pastor to gimme bills as if i am working.
Doesnt mean we shouldn't kneel down at the corners of our room and talk to God!
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Ariemuogaga: 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
First, God encourages His believers to 'honour' Him through praises and glory all embodiment to showcase the extent of our faith in Him( 1Pet 1: 7). Second this same Bible verse was quoted in error '1 Pet 1: 7': only set a standard of genuine Faith in God, 'being(our Faith, my emphasis)much more precious than gold that perishes, though tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ'( NKJV). So I really wonder, why you should twist the scriptures in 'Error', As God promise to add plague to anyone's life who adds to the scriptures.
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by ojadetayo(m): 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
StOla:
Today, I will switch ON my TV as I always do, and watch cartoons and movies to try create an air of peace and happiness.

So much strife, misery and violence in a religious world, that I ponder what sanity an irreligious society could have offered.

All around me, an adulterous man has just polished his shoes and headed to church. A fraudulent employee has just filled his wallet with cash for offertory - funds embezzled from overstated receipts from the past week.
The choir master has put on his best perfume in the hopes that Mary will return home with him this Sunday afternoon. The pastor has just perfected another strategy of improving the amount of revenue realised from his Sunday business, costs will certainly be borne by the Williams who just had a test tube baby the church has craftily termed a miracle.

We will all wake up on Monday and return to our busy weekly activities, except that only I would have truly rested.

Well I love your writing composition. It sounded like the words of a very good writer. You spoke the truth though but it is advisable not to use other people's behaviour to limit yourself from doing what is right. By the way, do you write for blogs? I 'd love to follow you. I 'm a writer and I love good writers.
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by gentlegenius(m): 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
Ariemuogaga:
First, God encourages His believers to 'honour' Him through praises and glory all embodiment to showcase the extent of our faith in Him( 1Pet 1: 7). Second this same Bible verse was quoted in error '1 Pet 1: 7': only set a standard of genuine Faith in God, 'being(our Faith, my emphasis)much more precious than gold that perishes, though tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ'( NKJV). So I really wonder, why you should twist the scriptures in 'Error', As God promise to add plague to anyone's life who adds to the scriptures.
Sorry for the error. The Bible verse I was supposed to use is 1Pet 2: 17. Thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't intentional. I'll correct it in the thread.
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
okay.
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by davidmoyes(m): 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
LORDDICE:

they say its cos of d distraction it causes, bt trust me, I no send them
Badt guy
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by davidmoyes(m): 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
beright:
to avoid distraction
its not necessary.. some won't be with their gadgets in church, yet their mind would be elsewhere.
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
gentlegenius:

Though, some religious extremists can kill in the name of their religion, But God doesn't instruct Anyone to kill in his name.
I am sure Abraham will disagree with you. Moses and all the others will disagree as well.
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by emeraldknytt(m): 5:11pm On Nov 15, 2015
StOla:

i envy you.. You should write a book.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by gentlegenius(m): 5:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
Chrisbenogor:

I am sure Abraham will disagree with you. Moses and all the others will disagree as well.
Abraham and Moses were living in the First covenant era. After the coming of Christ, the first covenant was abolished. Jesus gave us a new covenant which doesn't entreat us to kill one another.
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by selfemployed(m): 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOING angry TO SCHOOL AND LEARNING?

I CAN LEARN ANYTHING I WANT BY READING E-BOOKS AND WATCHING VIDEOS ONLINE.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOME PEOPLE WASTE THEIR MONEY AND TIME GOING TO SCHOOLS
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by LORDDICE(m): 5:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
davidmoyes:
Badt guy
grin .. na u b d badt 1 o ;P
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by morgba(f): 9:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
gentlegenius:

Abraham and Moses were living in the First covenant era. After the coming of Christ, the first covenant was abolished. Jesus gave us a new covenant which doesn't entreat us to kill one another.
So God tells Abraham that the lands of other people belong to him. Then Moses and his crazy band of soldiers go on a rampage killing beheading stoning to death just like ISIS does. Taking slaves and raping them......
God presided over that convenant he has instructed to kill before and he still instructs people to kill.
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by mceze(m): 10:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
joel4422:
Win!!! Win!!! Win!!! We bless God for a successful winning on
our weekend game. It's been great all the way, here
is our won ticket for the weekend fixed match.
I congratulate all my new and old subscribers winning for
the first time, now you can testify that fixed matches exist.
Straight up to our next fixed game which comes up on
wednesday. I encourage you all join our winning this
midweek and our games will be available with odds ranging
from 130 odds and 935 odds.
Interested subscribers should inbox me on facebook now or
add me up on whatsapp on:08032557731or call me now on
08032557731Your winning is always our priority. Stay
bless!!!

SCAMMER! SCAMMER!! SCAMMER!!!
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by BetterChurch: 10:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
"True worship brings Soul closer to God on Its own merits and never at the
expense of someone else." Sri Harold Klemp
Today, religion has failed his children who are merely church goers.
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by BetterChurch: 10:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
Chrisbenogor:

I am sure Abraham will disagree with you. Moses and all the others will disagree as well.[quote author=gentlegenius post=40052492]
Yes the God of Abraham and Moses isn't the supreme. The Supreme Sugmad is pure love! We must be humble enough to admit we don't know all even in our own discipline, more so about the Spiritual Hierarchy which begins with the Supreme Sugmad. Jehovah the Jealous God is under the Sugmad.
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by MATEX30: 11:00am On Nov 16, 2015
we will later talk more about this on www.gospelepistle.com
Re: Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God by gentlegenius(m): 11:36am On Nov 16, 2015
Chrisbenogor:

So God tells Abraham that the lands of other people belong to him. Then Moses and his crazy band of soldiers go on a rampage killing beheading stoning to death just like ISIS does. Taking slaves and raping them......
God presided over that convenant he has instructed to kill before and he still instructs people to kill.
I don't know what you are talking about. The ten commandments is the greatest of all commands in the Bible and it was there right from the first covenant era. It says: THOU SHALL NOT KILL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What To Do When You Find It Difficult To Forgive Someone / 5 Supernatural Experiences You Will Have When You Genuinely Encounter God... / Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.