Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Your Landlord/landlady handling Your Spouse In Your New Apartment... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Landlord/landlady handling Your Spouse In Your New Apartment... (949 Views)

If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / Think Twice Before You Live In The Same Compound With Your Landlord /landlady / 'I'm Childless! But, My Landlady Is Pregnant For My Husband!' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Landlord/landlady handling Your Spouse In Your New Apartment... by shevon: 8:08am On Nov 15, 2015
Nairalanders, what will be your reactions?

When people rent apartments, they usually furnish them to their tastes; however, funds used for furnishing are non-refundable should the tenants decide to leave. Supposing they caught their spouses caressing their landlords/landladies in their new apartments, SATURDAY PUNCH asked some people what they would do

I’d donate my wife to my landlord
Ajao Adebayo

I would donate my wife to my landlord immediately. They could continue from where I caught them if they wanted. I wouldn’t want to stop their enjoyment. I wouldn’t want to die young because talking about issues like this, it’s possible that it’s even my wife that initiated it. You cannot trust women so much. I would not create any trouble with my landlord because that could lead to my death. Since the house is not my father’s property, I would look for somewhere else. You should be afraid of any man that could get your wife like that. I would run for my life.

I’d not hesitate to file for divorce
Felix Odewale

It’s a terrible situation and I would not hesitate in filing for divorce. I would be made to believe that they had been doing that for a long time and God had just wanted to reveal the secret to me by catching them. As a man, I would not bother to engage in any fight with my landlord, but with my wife who had subjected me to ridicule. As from that day, I would have nothing to do with my wife again. I would go to court and file for divorce.

They should continue the enjoyment
Olatunji Owolabi

I would leave both of them to continue what they had started. I would leave the scene immediately. Gone are the days you had to kill yourself because of a woman. She might want to give me a lot of reasons why it happened, but I would accept no apology. There is a saying that whether the tenant is right or wrong, the landlord can never be guilty. I cannot fight my landlord because whether I like it or not, I would leave his house someday. It’s better for me to leave in peace.

I’d forgive them, but burn the bed
Lucky Ojiolu

First, I would forgive both of them because they would surely ask for forgiveness. God says if we don’t forgive our neighbours their offences, He would also not forgive us when we sin. I would be shocked, but I would not hold anything against them. I wouldn’t hurt myself because of a woman. Finding a new apartment might not be easy, so I would let it go. I would ask my wife questions about how and why it happened but I would forgive her eventually. If I caught them in the bedroom, I would change the bed and burn the mattress and bed-sheet thereafter.

I’d look for another apartment
Julius Olaoye

At first, I would leave both of them, and when they’re done, I would confront my landlord to ask why he did that to me. I would not fight him, though. As a matter of fact, I would leave both of them to it and let them enjoy themselves. He’s the landlord and he could do what he wanted in his house. The culprit here is my wife. I would thereafter seek for a new apartment and ask my wife whether she would leave with me or stay with the landlord. If she refused to follow me, I would inform her family of the incident and file for divorce. But if she would follow me to the new apartment, I might let it go.

I would run for my life
Adelabu Ruky

We might be tenants in her house, but that doesn’t give my landlady the reason to seduce my husband. If it happens, I will not be happy, but I’ll put the blame on my husband who allows it. A man cannot fall into temptation he doesn’t want to fall into. There would have been signs before they finally ended up kissing themselves in our apartment. If my husband repents, I will stay with him, but if I catch them again, I may have to run for my life.

I’d forgive my husband if he apologised
Festus Ibukun

What is in this world that eyes would not see and ears would not hear? I would be disappointed at my husband’s action and would expect him to apologise if he still needed the marriage. But if he didn’t, what could I do about it? I would make all efforts to forgive him, but if he refused, I would let the marriage go. An unfaithful man could ruin one’s life if care is not taken.

I’d put the landlady to shame
Stella Akpan

I would let the landlady know that my husband is my property, not hers. She might own the house we live in but she doesn’t own my husband. I would have to make this clarification to her. If she doesn’t back down on my husband, I would let the neighbourhood know about the affair and put her to shame. After that, I would encourage my husband to let us look for another apartment.

I’d adjust my schedule to be with my husband always thereafter
Tina Adah

I don’t want to imagine it because I would not feel good about it. That’s why as a woman, it is good to always be there for one’s husband so that he would not have the time to look for pleasure elsewhere. It might be possible that I was the cause of the action – perhaps because I wasn’t always with him. After that incident, I would forgive my husband and seek for ways to be there for him in order to avoid him being tempted again by the Jezebel landlady.

It could lead to our separation
Joyce Apreala

It’s a simple issue: I would just allow them to keep enjoying their lives, while I would look for something else to do. There is a stage in life that issues like this would happen and you would not kill yourself over it. I’m not saying I would not be unhappy, but I would surely not be depressed. It could lead to our separation for some time until my husband comes back to his senses. He must show remorse if I would take him back.

Source: http://punchng.com/if-you-catch-your-landlordlandlady-handling-your-spouse-in-your-new-apartment-whatll-you-do/
Re: Your Landlord/landlady handling Your Spouse In Your New Apartment... by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 15, 2015
I will sit back and reflect on my years of living to see if I have done similar thing in the past... if yes, den law of Karma at work... but if no, I will file for divorce

1 Like

Re: Your Landlord/landlady handling Your Spouse In Your New Apartment... by zinachidi(m): 8:34am On Nov 15, 2015
lol @ ''i'll donate my wife'' nigerian men eehh,, no time ooo.. grin
Re: Your Landlord/landlady handling Your Spouse In Your New Apartment... by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 15, 2015
Some of the responders are pathetic.
Re: Your Landlord/landlady handling Your Spouse In Your New Apartment... by Jeloma: 8:54am On Nov 15, 2015
What the heck is wrong with the men? Why are they sounding like pussiees wimps? That's the thing with Nigerian men, they don't have mouth when it comes to facing someone that has more power than them, they'll rather chicken out like the cowards they are and give silly excuses. Rubbish!
Re: Your Landlord/landlady handling Your Spouse In Your New Apartment... by 5minsmadness: 8:59am On Nov 15, 2015
Brandnew2:
Some of the responders are pathetic.
I disagree.
I think they are being real.
Very soon you'll see different responses on this forum filled with bravado and daring. It's an anonymous forum here so anybody can say what they like to sound tough. The people being interviewed up there had mics thrust into thier faces and their identity is revealed there for the world to see. They are more truthful than the many bullsh1t answers you are going to be reading here in a moment.

1 Like

Re: Your Landlord/landlady handling Your Spouse In Your New Apartment... by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 15, 2015
5minsmadness:

I disagree.
I think they are being real.
Very soon you'll see different responses on this forum filled with bravado and daring. It's an anonymous forum here so anybody can say what they like to sound tough. The people being interviewed up there had mics thrust into thier faces and their identity is revealed there for the world to see. They are more truthful than the many bullsh1t answers you are going to be reading here in a moment.
That's true!
The privilege of being anonymous gives some dimwits undue courage on this forum.
Re: Your Landlord/landlady handling Your Spouse In Your New Apartment... by lilmax(m): 9:35am On Nov 15, 2015
I’d donate my wife to my landlord

So whats next? I‘d sell my wife to my landlord?

cheesygrincheesy
Re: Your Landlord/landlady handling Your Spouse In Your New Apartment... by MrHighSea: 11:23am On Nov 15, 2015
Sm1 said sth abt nigerian men chikening out. Realistically, u behold a sight of ur wife smooching any1, y d fight? Dts wat she likes n she z sayin 4k off, continue wit ya life. Fight fight wey mek sence. Thr z ds movie, a gurl cheatin on a dude eit his bestie, oboy both find out, shun d babe retain friendship. DNT FIGHT OVER WOMAN, WOMAN NO FIGHT OVA MAN, or else. Btw, if u ve been messing up lately wit ur landlady, she just did same, forgve n carryon. Do me i do u wives everywhr.

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Is Not Really Who He Says He Is / Is Bigamy No Longer A Crime In Lagos State. / Pls Help A Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.