Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Edo And Yoruba Names - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Edo And Yoruba Names (1309 Views)

Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / Traditional Yoruba Names And Their Meanings / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo And Yoruba Names by curious121(m): 8:11pm On May 18, 2009
Please, what are the links between Benin, Edo State and the Yoruba? I have come across some people of Edo decent with Yoruba names e.g Mercy Anuoluwapo Aigbe and am curious as to why this is, or are the names not originally Yoruba? Would like to learn smiley
Re: Edo And Yoruba Names by unfaded(m): 8:49pm On May 18, 2009
i can't really recall, but i remember a little history.the benin and yoruba people share the same oduduwa ancestral origin, we were told one of oduduwa's son migrated to benin, and thats why there's an oba in benin, the also story is still under contention.
Re: Edo And Yoruba Names by curious121(m): 9:14pm On May 18, 2009
Oh ok, thanks for the contribution smiley
Re: Edo And Yoruba Names by ievbuomw(f): 4:49am On May 22, 2009
That is about the same I have heard as well,

(1) (Reply)

One Yr After The Exit Of The Osun Priestess / Ogun Ti Afi Nse Olaa / History Of Ajase-ipo (A Town In Kwara State/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.