Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. (4180 Views)

Atheists And Morality. A Question! / Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) / Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by Pdizzle(m): 11:17am On Nov 15, 2015
I, though being a christian, have learnt a lot from the numerous intelligent atheists here trying to debunk the theism theory logically. I for one think they argue with very good points, but let's look in the direction of the African Traditional Religion. This is a religion where worshippers tends to see and feel the effectiveness of the African voodoo on a practical basis.
These traditionalist not only rely on faith as in the case of Christianity.
There are likewise situation in the christendom too, in the case of prophecies, miracles e.t.c even though some are proven to be hoax. But we have some people with one-on-one experiences.
My questions are; What is the stance of you atheists on the African Traditional Religion? These are proofs of supernatural powers.
Won't it be unfair if you accept the existence of these dieties and deny the existence of Jehovah?
Or are you intelligent folks saying 'powers that be' don't exist at all?
What are your views on witches, sorcerers, magicians etc.

1 Like

Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by Addietunes(m): 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pdizzle:
I, though being a christian, have learnt a lot from the numerous intelligent atheists here trying to debunk the theism theory logically. I for one think they argue with very good points, but let's look in the direction of the African Traditional Religion. This is a religion where worshippers tends to see and feel the effectiveness of the African voodoo on a practical basis.
These traditionalist not only rely on faith as in the case of Christianity.
There are likewise situation in the christendom too, in the case of prophecies, miracles e.t.c even though some are proven to be hoax. But we have some people with one-on-one experiences.
My questions are; What is the stance of you atheists on the African Traditional Religion? These are proofs of supernatural powers.
Won't it be unfair if you accept the existence of these dieties and deny the existence of Jehovah?
Or are you intelligent folks saying 'powers that be' don't exist at all?

To be sincere as an atheist, i dont know if their power is real or they are just tricks. But you might wanna answer these questions, thousands of years ago Yoruba's believed sango existed, they believed him so much that when it rains they believed he controls thunderstorms. At the same period, just kilometres away, igbos believed and feared amadioha because of the same power over thunderstorms. Moving out of Nigeria to Greece we hear about Zeus controlling thunderstorms. Now over the world at that time there were thousands of gods controlling thunderstorms and each tribe believed and feared them. Now the questions are that, were these people all correct or all wrong, or maybe the lack of scientific knowledge made them to reason alike. If the gods then were real are they still real? You do know those traditionalist you mentioned believed them. Remember the answer you give to these questions, because they are the answers you desire to know.

1 Like

Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by Pdizzle(m): 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
Addietunes:

To be sincere as an atheist, i dont know if their power is real or they are just tricks. But you might wanna answer these questions, thousands of years ago Yoruba's believed sango existed, they believed him so much that when it rains they believed he controls thunderstorms. At the same period, just kilometres away, igbos believed and feared amadioha because of the same power over thunderstorms. Moving out of Nigeria to Greece we hear about Zeus controlling thunderstorms. Now over the world at that time there were thousands of gods controlling thunderstorms and each tribe believed and feared them. Now the questions are that, were these people all correct or all wrong, or maybe the lack of scientific knowledge made them to reason alike. If the gods then were real are they still real? You do know those traditionalist you mentioned believed them. Remember the answer you give to these questions, because they are the answers you desire to know.

Come to think of it, these are different people in different geographical locations. What if Sango is Amadioha and Amadioha is Zeus. People still worship them today and it still works for them.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by CoolUsername: 1:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pdizzle:

Come to think of it, these are different people in different geographical locations. What if Sango is Amadioha and Amadioha is Zeus. People still worship them today and it still works for them.
But where was their jazz when the whites attacked?

3 Likes

Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by Pdizzle(m): 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
CoolUsername:
But where was their jazz when the whites attacked?

Any Kingdom can fall, even though the whites use them against each other. Are you saying now that jazz don't exist?
Cc Johnydon22
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by JigsawKillah(m): 5:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
I was opportuned to be in the front seat when a girl was being delivered from what the Igbos call 'Ogbanje'. During the rituals, a hole was dug, the medicine man said some incantations and threw an egg into the hole. It disappeared instantly.

Tell me what I saw was an illusion. . .
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by Addietunes(m): 6:48pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pdizzle:

Seems you are not here for answers but to challenge the atheistic belief. People like you can never believe in facts, even if you were enlightened.
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by Pdizzle(m): 6:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
JigsawKillah:
I was opportuned to be in the front seat when a girl was being delivered from what the Igbos call 'Ogbanje'. During the rituals, a hole was dug, the medicine man said some incantations and threw an egg into the hole. It disappeared instantly.

Tell me what I saw was an illusion. . .

Killah homie, longtime.
These voodoo thing works for real , though not in all cases. Isn't that a justification of Jehovah's existense, or are we to be one sided?
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by Pdizzle(m): 6:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
Addietunes:

Seems you are not here for answers but to challenge the atheistic belief. People like you can never believe in facts, even if you were enlightened.

That was just another view to it, believe me I'm not here to argue but to look at things critically. Most atheists are intelligent folks and that's why I like rubbing minds with them. Would you expect me to swallow everything here hook, line and sinker?
You didn't even address the point.

1 Like

Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
op what would u call electromagnetic waves if not for proper education?

why don't u call call making and answering juju?
or internet? just because u have known the facts and realities behind them.

by the time u know the facts and fictions behind ur so called juju, then u will know that everything in this world has an explanation.. but some are yet to be explained.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by Pdizzle(m): 9:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
krattoss:
op what would u call electromagnetic waves if not for proper education?

why don't u call call making and answering juju?
or internet? just because u have known the facts and realities behind them.

by the time u know the facts and fictions behind ur so called juju, then u will know that everything in this world has an explanation.. but some are yet to be explained.

I like that angle. But let's look at it critically, Science is an established idea proven through empirical formulaes, Voodoo on the other hand has its process but more of mystical. We know chips are put in phones as processors and the physics is explicable, but how do we explain a leaf that make one dissappear.
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pdizzle:

I like that angle. But let's look at it critically, Science is an established idea proven through empirical formulaes, Voodoo on the other hand has its process but more of mystical. We know chips are put in phones as processors and the physics is explicable, but how do we explain a leaf that make one dissappear.
lol.. u know what? in as much as I don't want to doubt that a leaf makes one to disappear.. now kindly proof to me that a leaf can make someone disappear.

have u seen such with ur bare eyes?

why isn't there a record or a documented video evidence of such?

u see, to the best of my knowledge, I think these guys play with our minds.

if leafs makes someone disappears, then I think I might have to get one and go rob some banks Tommorow.
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by malvisguy212: 9:25pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pdizzle:

see bro. I've even seen a little boy beat up a grown up man with the help of juju.

I've see a lady who was HIV positive, I know her for long with the disease . She was healed in a crusade I attend with her. That very day, me and my friend was on the same seat, as the pastor began to pray, my friend start speak with some kind of voice, uncontrolled voice, double voice, I was suprise.

There are many peoples her who are possessed with evil spirit but did not know, this spirit will hardened your heart and prevent you from believing in God.
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by Pdizzle(m): 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
krattoss:
lol.. u know what? in as much as I don't want to doubt that a leaf makes one to disappear.. now kindly proof to me that a leaf can make someone disappear.

have u seen such with ur bare eyes?

why isn't there a record or a documented video evidence of such?

u see, to the best of my knowledge, I think these guys play with our minds.

if leafs makes someone disappears, then I think I might have to get one and go rob some banks Tommorow.

Now you're being sceptical, even though they play with our mind, it works. I have heard of an accident in which the driver disappeared, also seen live Sango stage play magic. Are you yoruba, have you heard of 'egbé'
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by CoolUsername: 9:53pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pdizzle:

Now you're being sceptical, even though they play with our mind, it works. I have heard of an accident in which the driver disappeared, also seen live Sango stage play magic. Are you yoruba, have you heard of 'egbé'
Jazz is very powerful in stories but when the camera crew comes along it is explained quite easily. I remember when National Geographic was still a quality network, they did a documentary on all those guys who use 'jazz' to stab themselves and feel no pain. The theory was that it was the power of the mind can sometimes translate to the body.

For example, if a person is having aches, dctors give them sugar pills and lie that they are painkillers and sure enough, it works. So to test it out the guy National Geographic guy who was doing the investigation convinced himself that he could do all these stuff, so he psyched himself up and stabbed himself through the cheek with no pain.

Nothing supernatural after all, just mind over matter.

1 Like

Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by onetrack(m): 10:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
It is my firm conviction that everything has a natural explanation. If someone says that they saw juju working, then I presume that they were tricked by some clever charlatan. I have never seen anything supernatural, and there are people in the west who have rewards waiting for someone who can really do juju/magic. But no one is ever able to claim the reward.
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by winner01(m): 10:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pdizzle:

They will share their views on witches, some will make sense, some will not.
Try harder but you cant make them shift focus away from christianity to the african traditional religion, islam and co. They dont have the human capacity to do that.
They do not control their obsession for christianity, the devil does.
The devil know the truth, you will be seeing them here for a long while.
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by Pdizzle(m): 10:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
CoolUsername:
Jazz is very powerful in stories but when the camera crew comes along it is explained quite easily. I remember when National Geographic was still a quality network, they did a documentary on all those guys who use 'jazz' to stab themselves and feel no pain. The theory was that it was the power of the mind can sometimes translate to the body.

For example, if a person is having aches, dctors give them sugar pills and lie that they are painkillers and sure enough, it works. So to test it out the guy National Geographic guy who was doing the investigation convinced himself that he could do all these stuff, so he psyched himself up and stabbed himself through the cheek with no pain.

Well you're talking about the placebo effect, but i think jazz and the ATC is more than that due to the processes, ingredients and initiations. Can you put your mind over matter and stand in front of a dane gun or pscyche yourself up and let me axe you with a UTC?
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by malvisguy212: 10:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
CoolUsername:

can you try it your self ? Since you understand their tricks.
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by CoolUsername: 10:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pdizzle:

Well you're talking about the placebo effect, but i think jazz and the ATC is more than that due to the processes, ingredients and initiations. Can you put your mind over matter and stand in front of a dane gun or pscyche yourself up and let me axe you with a UTC?
Thanks for the kind offer but I'll have to politely decline. I'm just saying that I want to see jazz on video in a way that can't be explained.
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by Pdizzle(m): 10:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
onetrack:
It is my firm conviction that everything has a natural explanation. If someone says that they saw juju working, then I presume that they were tricked by some clever charlatan. I have never seen anything supernatural, and there are people in the west who have rewards waiting for someone who can really do juju/magic. But no one is ever able to claim the reward.

For the fact that you've not seen anything supernatural does that justify it's non-existence? Talking about the west, one of the very Original babalawos i know, a person of Prof. Wande Abimbola attest to the fact that whites come for 'stuffs' from him. He even cited an instance when he was going to Brazil and he had a problem with the screening machine because of his 'Opele', a traditional piece he uses for divination. He was later allowed to go, after further delay.
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by Pdizzle(m): 10:48pm On Nov 15, 2015
winner01:
They will share their views on witches, some will make sense, some will not.
Try harder but you cant make them cant shift focus away from christianity to the african traditional religion, islam and co. They dont have the human capacity to do that.
The do not control their obsession for christianity, the devil does.
The devil know the truth, you will be seeing them here for a long while.

Devil? Lol. Let's leave Christianity out of this and analyse logically.
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by Pdizzle(m): 10:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
CoolUsername:
Thanks for the kind offer but I'll have to politely decline. I'm just saying that I want to see jazz on video in a way that can't be explained.

grin
You don't have to see jazz on video, there are a lot of festivals that go down in the South West, you can attend one. I really wish i had the genuine atheists view of ATR
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by winner01(m): 10:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pdizzle:

Devil? Lol. Let's leave Christianity out of this and analyse logically.
Ok i thought the topic was about jazz. Now i realize its jazz from a logical point of view. my bad. grin
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by CoolUsername: 11:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pdizzle:

grin
You don't have to see jazz on video, there are a lot of festivals that go down in the South West, you can attend one. I really wish i had the genuine atheists view of ATR
B-b-but I'm a genuine atheist sad .

Dudes like me can't come all the way from Abuja to the South West, unfortunately. So, if these guys are so confident in their abilities; then, they should film that their work in action.

Street magicians pull off tricks all the time, but they don't claim that they are real. Hypnotists make people do stuff but they never claim to have any power. But in Nigeria, when a dude does a little parlour trick everybody is completely sold on his 'powers'.

Critical thinking is something that's seriously lacking in this part of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by UyiIredia(m): 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
onetrack:

SMH

Luke 11:29 And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

They won't get the miracle they seek. Why ? Because they are countless examples in the Bible where God did miracles and people still disobeyed Him. I suspect it's there were still atheists in those times.
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by Pdizzle(m): 11:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
CoolUsername:

Dudes like me can't come all the way from Abuja to the South West, unfortunately. So, if these guys are so confident in their abilities; then, they should film that their work in action.

Street magicians pull off tricks all the time, but they don't claim that they are real. Hypnotists make people do stuff but they never claim to have any power. But in Nigeria, when a dude does a little parlour trick everybody is completely sold on his 'powers'.

Critical thinking is something that's seriously lacking in this part of the world.

I'm not saying you're not genuine bro. Sorry about that. I mean you guys don't drop your genuine views on Africa Traditional Religion, or you guys are less concerned because it's not as large as Christianity. I think you intelligent folks should analyse every angle critically, irrespective of the weight it carries in the proposed situation.
Talking about hypnotism, i don't really know much about it. Have you ever come across 'Oju odu merindinlogun' the ifa binary system. This stuff is too complex to be shrugged aside.
I wish i can learn from johnydon22 too. He's very intelligent.
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by UyiIredia(m): 11:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
CoolUsername:

So there must be fake atheists.

CoolUsername:

Go to your nearest Christ Embassy branch and ask if they'll play videos of Pastor Chris performing miracles like healing , casting out demons etc. If so, go to the church, watch and evaluate the evidence for yourself.

CoolUsername:
magicians pull off tricks all the time, but they don't claim that they are real. Hypnotists make people do stuff but they never claim to have any power. But in Nigeria, when a dude does a little parlour trick everybody is completely sold on his 'powers'.

Jazz is for real. This ain't cheap parlor tricks that involve sleights of hand. The problem is not with the (not stage magicians) but with you and your irrational doubts and fears.

CoolUsername:

Critical thinking isn't materialistic thinking please.
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by UyiIredia(m): 11:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
malvisguy212:
see bro. I've even seen a little boy beat up a grown up man with the help of juju.

I've see a lady who was HIV positive, I know her for long with the disease . She was healed in a crusade I attend with her. That very day, me and my friend was on the same seat, as the pastor began to pray, my friend start speak with some kind of voice, uncontrolled voice, double voice, I was suprise.

There are many peoples her who are possessed with evil spirit but did not know, this spirit will hardened your heart and prevent you from believing in God.

A pastor once told me if his dream of an event that happened to me when I was young; about 2 years old. There simply no way an atheist can rationalize this away.
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by CoolUsername: 11:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
UyiIredia:

So there must be fake atheists.
Nah bro, I was just joking around. I really don't care about 'real' or 'fake'.

UyiIredia:

Go to your nearest Christ Embassy branch and ask if they'll play videos of Pastor Chris performing miracles like healing , casting out demons etc. If so, go to the church, watch and evaluate the evidence for yourself.
I'll like to see him heal an amputee. You know? Something that is very difficult to fake onscreen.

UyiIredia:

Jazz is for real. This ain't cheap parlor tricks that involve sleights of hand. The problem is not with the (not stage magicians) but with you and your irrational doubts and fears.
I'm not scared of anything. I'm just like, if you're so strong let people see. If you do jazz to fly for example, fly around the country so people all over can come and patronize you.

UyiIredia:

Critical thinking isn't materialistic thinking please.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by UyiIredia(m): 11:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
CoolUsername:

Nah bro, I was just joking around. I really don't care about 'real' or 'fake'.

You do.

CoolUsername:
I'll like to see him heal an amputee. You know? Something that is very difficult to fake onscreen.

It can be faked actually. Nevertheless, supposing the amputee is healed and it is indubitably verified. So what ? Would it mean all atheists would convert to Christianity ? Of course not.

CoolUsername:
I'm not scared of anything. I'm just like, if you're so strong let people see. If you do jazz to fly for example, fly around the country so people all over can come and patronize you.

You are so damn naive. Jazz is secondary. Strength of character is far more important than the ability to do miracles. I suggest you go back to the Bible, read up on all the miracles God did and how people remained rebellious and unbelieving.
Re: Atheists and Traditionalists Come In. by CoolUsername: 12:06am On Nov 16, 2015
UyiIredia:

You are so damn naive. Jazz is secondary. Strength of character is far more important than the ability to do miracles. I suggest you go back to the Bible, read up on all the miracles God did and how people remained rebellious and unbelieving.
Seeing is believing to me. I'm not a closed-minded person. If I see incontrovertible evidence of God or gods, at least I know that I'll believe. But since his miracles are limited to stories, I just can't believe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Human Free Will vrs God's All-Knowing Nature / My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church / Why Are Roman-catholics Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.