Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

End Of The Road - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / End Of The Road (430 Views)

'The Road To Victoria Island’: A Review Of Suraj Tunji Oyewale’s Book / At The End Of The Tunnel / The Downfall Of A Man, Is Not The End Of His Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

End Of The Road by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 7:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
This article is written to reach out to all those going through really tough and trying times. As cliché or as common as it may sound, it is not over. At that point where it seems to be the end, there's still a way out for you, don't give up.

If there's a reason to keep pushing, just note that someone , someday will need your success story to keep on.

Your best is yet to come.

Re: End Of The Road by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 7:25pm On Nov 15, 2015
Walking on this path for so long now, nothing seems to be changing. Days turn to weeks, weeks turn to months- months unending. Everything moves really fast; lights blink, signs change, I stand here, static like the zebra sign in the middle of Times square or a car parked side-by on third mainland bridge on a monday morning.

What was soughted-after is now taken for granted. I was cruising at 120 in leather jacket and stunning shades but these words don't break through anymore- it makes no sense to my feet.

Why sleep when there's nothing to fight for? Why wake when there's nothing to rest from? Echoing words of anguish in dim lighting, pillow soaked in tears.

You used to be my all, but I did everything right and now, I've missed you dearly. By the time you get back, there will be plenty cash to buy a drink.
Now it seems a light is finally coming through the bend...but it doesn't sound right...it's a train and it blows you away to the side! Inspiration is dead, the pages are blank. All hope is lost, this is the end.

By the side of the unwashed tea cup is the black ink pen under last year's dailies. But a shame it will be, if it never got to tell a story. Drop this pen now and several others dropped!

Put back the frame on the wall... lace up those boots and strut through the crowd, eyes covered in mended glasses. Stop, take a second, now walk on. Find your heart's rhythm again and don't stop.

Knock! Knock! There's a delivery man at the door.

Source/for more articles, please visit www.justiceokwudike.com

1 Like

Re: End Of The Road by itskinglee(m): 7:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
Warris this

(1) (Reply)

The Kilimanjaro / Cultivating The Habit Of Reading / Episode Six (the Final Episode) Of The True Christmas Story: The Lilo Christmas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.