Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,759 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Ben Carson Finds A Way To Make White House Spokesman Speechless - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ben Carson Finds A Way To Make White House Spokesman Speechless (737 Views)

Ugandan Police Spokesman Assassinated With His Bodyguard In His Jeep (Graphic) / Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones / Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Carson Finds A Way To Make White House Spokesman Speechless by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
Ben Carson finds a way to make Josh Earnest speechless

'My sources are better than theirs': Carson claims he is better informed about Syria than the White House - and will this weekend give Obama 'evidence' that China's involved

Carson claimed during the debate that China is involved militarily Syria; the White House said yesterday it has no knowledge of that
At a campaign stop today, the Republican claimed he has evidence - and he's going to give it to the president soon
Obama's spokesman said he was 'speechless' today when presented with Carson's latest claim
Another Carson debate claim: 'Outside of Anbar in Iraq, there's a big energy field. Take that from them....We could do that, I believe, fairly easily'
Obama was asked about it during an ABC interview on Thursday, a portion of which aired this morning: 'He doesn't know much about it,' he said

For more of the latest from Obama visit http://www.dailymail.co.uk/obama
By FRANCESCA CHAMBERS, WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 13:08, 13 November 2015 | UPDATED: 22:58, 13 November 2015

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson says he has proof that China is involved in Syria and has promised to share his intel with the White House.

According to the Associated Press, Carson said at at South Carolina stop today that he plans to present his evidence to President Barack Obama over the weekend.

I'm 'surprised my sources are better than theirs,' Carson reportedly said.

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest found himself 'speechless' today when asked about Carson's latest assertion.

'Maybe it violates my job description as a spokesperson to be speechless, but uh, I think in this case I am,' he said.

SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson says he has proof that China is involved in Syria and has promised to share his intel with the White House. He first made the claim during Tuesday's presidential debate - now he says he can back it up

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson says he has proof that China is involved in Syria and has promised to share his intel with the White House. He first made the claim during Tuesday's presidential debate - now he says he can back it up

President Barack Obama separately laughed off in an interview Ben Carson's suggestion at the most recent presidential debate that ISIS could be defeated 'fairly easily' if the U.S. targeted and destroyed the oil fields it controls

'Outside of Anbar in Iraq, there's a big energy field. Take that from them. Take all of that land from them. We could do that, I believe, fairly easily, I've learned from talking to several generals, and then you move on from there,' Carson said at Tuesday evening's debate
Carson first made the claim at the Republican presidential debate on Tuesday evening in Milwaukee.

Responding to a question about the president's strategy in Syria, and his decision to send in 50 special forces to train regional forces fighting against ISIS, Carson said as part of his answer, 'We also must recognize that it's a very complex place.

'You know, the Chinese are there, as well as the Russians, and you have all kinds of factions there.'

At a briefing with reporters at the White house on Thursday, National Security Adviser Susan Rice, said, 'I'm not sure what he was referring to.'

'I have not seen any evidence of Chinese military involvement in Syria.'

Also present was Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes, who jumped in and said, 'China makes it a practice to not get extended into military conflicts in the Middle East.'

And, historically, the country has tried 'not be overextended in military exercises,' he contended.

Carson's statement today adds a new layer to the emerging tiff with the White House over the president's policy toward Syria.
In an interview that aired this morning on ABC News Obama laughed off Carson's suggestion at the debate that ISIS could be defeated 'fairly easily' if the U.S. targeted and destroyed the oil fields it controls.

'What I think is that he doesn't know much about it,' Obama told ABC's George Stephanopoulos during a clip of their sit down that aired on Good Morning America.

Obama noted that as the nation's Commander-in-Chief he has access 'to all the best military minds in the country and all the best foreign policy minds in the country.'

'And I'm not running for office. And so my only interest is in success,' he said.
Ben Carson: We could take oil fields from ISIS fairly easily

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3317040/Obama-belittles-Ben-Carson-assertion-ISIS-destroyed-Iraq-fairly-easily-U-S-targeted-terror-group-s-oil-fields-doesn-t-know-it.html#ixzz3raZDThpR

http://on.aol.com/video/ben-carson-finds-a-way-to-make-josh-earnest-speechless-519246332

Re: Ben Carson Finds A Way To Make White House Spokesman Speechless by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:06pm On Nov 16, 2015
Ben Carson: My sources 'better' than White House on Syria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Y3f7nlFxA

Published on 13 Nov 2015
GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson said Friday that he has better sources than the White House about the situation in Syria, sticking by his claim that China is involved in the fighting there.
Re: Ben Carson Finds A Way To Make White House Spokesman Speechless by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:51pm On Nov 16, 2015
The image below is a satelllite picture of a Chinese Radar Station in Syria. It has been there since at least 2011. The Chinese provide a variety of weapons and advisors in Syria. When I mentioned this at the last debate the White House seemed to say they had no idea. I find that hard to believe.

Re: Ben Carson Finds A Way To Make White House Spokesman Speechless by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
Enter the dragon. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson Finds A Way To Make White House Spokesman Speechless by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:17pm On Nov 20, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Restaurant Staff Buys Winning $900 Million Powerball Ticket But For Wrong Day / New Evidence: The Real Reason Gaddafi Was Killed / 5 Countries That Could Dump EU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.