Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Traffic Robbers Apprehended By Security Operatives In Oshodi (pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Traffic Robbers Apprehended By Security Operatives In Oshodi (pictured) (813 Views)

Man Who Killed His Wife In Oshodi , Pictured At Akinpelu Police Station / Seven Traffic Robbers Arrested In Lagos (photos) / 'One Chance' Robbers Apprehended In Jos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traffic Robbers Apprehended By Security Operatives In Oshodi (pictured) by vivianblog3(f): 10:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
The operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Lagos Police Command, in the wee hours of today arrested three persons for traffic robbery in Oshodi area of Lagos. The robbery suspects, Adekunle Mustapha, 21; Popoola Olumide, 20 and Femi Amusa, 20, were arrested following the tip off from their victim, Olasunkanmi Oyelakin, who alerted the Police that his blackberry phone was stolen by the suspects during early morning traffic around Bolade, Oshodi
The victim recounted his ordeals to the Police: “I was on my way to Ajah at about 6:30 a.m, I saw Adekunle Mustapha passed by the bus I boarded. Unknown to me, he was monitoring me. A few minutes later, I noticed a missed call on my phone, and as I brought out the phone, Mustapha took the phone from me through the bus window and ran away. Because there was traffic, I made no attempt to struggle with him, but got down from the nearest bus-stop and I began to monitor him. I noticed that he had regrouped with his friends and one of them was telling him to hand over the phone he stole from me.

“I knew I couldn’t handle the three of them all alone, so I informed the RRS operatives who followed me down to the place where he was arrested”, Oyelakin explained

The visibly distraught Mustapha said that he was driven by frustration to steal the handset from him. “I am a bus conductor in Oshodi. I am from Ibadan and a secondary school dropout. I sleep in Ojuwoye, Mushin. I am an ex – convict. I don’t want to go to prison again. Government should please have mercy on me. I was frustrated into traffic robbery. I won’t do it again”, he pleaded.

Mustapha’s accomplices, Popoola Olawale and Femi Amusa said that although they saw Mustapha in Oshodi regularly, they were also bus conductors and not traffic robbers. They added that they were in Lagos to make money to buy their working tools having completed their apprenticeship.

source http://viviangist.com/traffic-robbers-apprehended-by-security-operatives-in-oshodi-pictured

Cc; lalasticlala , ishilove

Re: Traffic Robbers Apprehended By Security Operatives In Oshodi (pictured) by vivianblog3(f): 10:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
Bad boys
Re: Traffic Robbers Apprehended By Security Operatives In Oshodi (pictured) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
I miss the old days when robbers face firing squad. Always shown on live TV then. Children of nowadays on NL wouldn't know that

Cc lalasticlala ishilove.
FP pls

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Robbers Apprehended By Security Operatives In Oshodi (pictured) by bigtt76(f): 11:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
Look dem face and dem go de feel like hard men grin de do gara-gara
Re: Traffic Robbers Apprehended By Security Operatives In Oshodi (pictured) by Pidggin(f): 11:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
Useless fellows!

1 Like

Re: Traffic Robbers Apprehended By Security Operatives In Oshodi (pictured) by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 16, 2015
Goooooooooooooooddd!!!!

I love this;

Vehicle owners n diagnostic shops pls check my signature 4 ur own goood!

(1) (Reply)

Popular Musician Rapes 15 Year Old Girl In Lagos / Photos :police Shoots Man Dead For Resisting Arrest / Woman Jumps From Building, Survives After Landing On Man And Killing Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.