Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,051 members, 7,845,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment (16264 Views)

SIM Fine: MTN Pays N165bn Out Of N330bn – NCC / We Have Paid N80 Billion Out Of N300 Billion Fine – MTN Nigeria / N1.04tn Fine: MTN Seeks Out Of Court Settlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by bookworm07(m): 8:58am On Nov 16, 2015
ziqzaq:
Wait! Wait!! Wait!!!
1.04trillion Naira! Thats 999million + 1.04million if am right 'cause my maths sucks.
MTN deserve it to some extent tho, but on anotherhand, its more like Nigeria vs S.A rivalry to me.
And if we're to think ahead, wheres all those money going to?
Who's pocket or account?
Cos after it has been paid now, it'd be silence everywhere.
I so dread that the rich would get richer with it and the poor MTN users would be used to generate that back.
Smh.
*oddthoughts
This is so true.. I wish those losers(masses) that are clamouring 4 d payment would realise dat what u'v said is exactly what would happen after MTN has paid d fine
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by Touchforfree(m): 9:00am On Nov 16, 2015
You can staagger the payment only if you're paying it into my bank accounts.
I know you have my account details with you.

The other time I pleaded that you allow me to pay the #200 recharge staggerdly, you turned me down.

Don't worry stagger the #1.04 trillion into my accounts, afterall what are brothers for.

If I hear you shout xenophobia,I'll increase d fine to #5.471 trillion.

grin

grin

grin
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by ade80: 9:02am On Nov 16, 2015
Pidggin:
This is day light robbery, the fine is ridiculous

The only reason such a fine will be required of MTN is to ruin the company.

Mtn signed the agreement $1000 per unregistered SIM card, so how is it robbery.
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 16, 2015
wildchild1:

Olodo..it's 999billion + 1.04 billion grin

You sef na olodo. It's 999billion + 1.4billion.
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by asha80(m): 9:06am On Nov 16, 2015
ZUBY77:
I.m curiously wondering what NCC would do if MTN refused to pay.

1 - shut MTN down? Who bears the worst consequences? MTN or Nigerians with MTN lines?
both
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by TechtraGadgets: 9:10am On Nov 16, 2015
Buhari will destroy Nigeria.

International investors will avoid Nigeria like plague.

$5.2bn is outrageous.
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by charlesucheh(m): 9:13am On Nov 16, 2015
ThankGod! There's PORTABILITY of sim card. Should MTN shut down, I'll just switch to etisalat sharpaly!!! I don't have time for Nonsense!
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by dikSean(m): 9:16am On Nov 16, 2015
They didn't make the money in two years, so let them foolish xenophobic bastards_ pay it ONCE!
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by Acidosis(m): 9:17am On Nov 16, 2015
My condolence goes to Nigerian business owners in South Africa.
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by lomprico(m): 9:21am On Nov 16, 2015
I feel for MTN walahi! But when I remember mtn sold sim for 35k (35k then is like 150k today) one time, I wish d fine is raised to 20 billion dollars. Chai! Mtn milk nigerian dry wella, coupled with dia wiked 30 naira per min. (even if na 1sec, 30 buks don go).

1 Like

Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by wealthpreach(m): 9:23am On Nov 16, 2015
ziqzaq:
Wait! Wait!! Wait!!!
1.04trillion Naira! Thats 999million + 1.04million if am right 'cause my maths sucks.
MTN deserve it to some extent tho, but on anotherhand, its more like Nigeria vs S.A rivalry to me.
And if we're to think ahead, wheres all those money going to?
Who's pocket or account?
Cos after it has been paid now, it'd be silence everywhere.
I so dread that the rich would get richer with it and the poor MTN users would be used to generate that back.
Smh.
*oddthoughts
its 999billion +1billion
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by DonBobes(m): 9:23am On Nov 16, 2015
lonelydora:
NO. We no gree. If the case is reversed, will SA agree?

PMB please tell MTN that you don't want to hear about this fine again (just the way Abacha told his then chief of staff he didn't want to hear about Bakassi again. Cameroon wan try?) They should go and pay asap.

When they seized our dollars, didn't they follow all laws?

walai so u stil remembr dt dollar.no mind SA.

1 Like

Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by lomprico(m): 9:24am On Nov 16, 2015
ZUBY77:
I.m curiously wondering what NCC would do if MTN refused to pay.

1 - shut MTN down? Who bears the worst consequences? MTN or Nigerians with MTN lines?
Have u not heard of porting? Even if dat is not possible, u still have ur contacts its left for u to inform them about ur new number. MTN bears d worst!
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 16, 2015
i go port to etisalat. mtn deductd 100n frm my line 4 callertunez i didnt apply 4, imagine, u just slid ur sim into ur phne wanting to make a call,then mtn sends u 11msgs at once all about ur subscription to mtn callertunez, abi, did godzilla use d sim i kept unda my pillow for 3 days? anyway, let me go back to eating d wheat i prepared, d koko too much o! chai
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by lonelydora: 9:32am On Nov 16, 2015
DonBobes:

walai so u stil remembr dt dollar.no mind SA.

Yes now, i remember. Officer, shun Sir. Respect. God bless NA
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by skypopson(m): 9:32am On Nov 16, 2015
Pidggin:
This is day light robbery, the fine is ridiculous

The only reason such a fine will be required of MTN is to ruin the company.

You need to chill, MTN neglected the law, they part of the signatories to the 200'000 per sim bill..so chill madame
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 16, 2015
69MissedCalls:
Dstv!! you are next!

I dey tell yu. those pple own dey vex me die
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 16, 2015
allanphash7:
End time pleads in lasisi69 voice

stop using our term BRo. yu v not registered in d end time association
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 16, 2015
donbrowser:
If NCC should keep at this, it's a good move but MtN should be closely monitored with their staggered payment plea... The adverse effects might just be on their customers.
of course they would be affected either directly or indirectly
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 16, 2015
Pidggin:

How many companies are worth 1.04 trillion? How many years will it take them to recover from incurred losses if they pay it. Why such a ridiculous amount in the first place? If the intension behind the fine is legit then the levy should have been a more realistic figure. This is an obvious witch hunt to send MTN packing.

Whether or not deliberate you missed the point on this.The issue is not about the worth of companies in Nigeria. It is about sound corporate governance which add value to companies so they can be, in the long run, worth n1.04 trillion and more. A company with scant regard for regulatory compliance is not worth a market as large, strategic and representative as ours. Secondly, how long it will take for MTN to recover after paying the fine is not the business of the regulator but MTN's whose watch it is to avoid corporate rascality the likes of which attracts such sanction. Business is not about sentiments but about being busy doing business in a manner that is businesslike - investors understand this which is why its shares are now becoming unattractive. Thirdly, a code of the regulator MTN was ab initio aware of cannot be said to be ridiculous and unrealistic now that it is in breach of same. To say so is preposterous. Fourthly, to say the sanction is calculated to witchunt MTN out of Nigeria flies in the face of the reasonable especially because MTN had long before now being known for serially disobeying the regulator who failed to act as appropriate because the government in place overtime was incompetent. MTN should pay up or forfeit its license and sell to the likes of Strive Masiyiwa who will treat us in a dignified manner by obeying the regulator. Clearly MTN is a corporate rascal - it just got fined sh5billion in Uganda for sending unsolicited SMS! Till date it does so in Nigeria without a fine.

3 Likes

Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by jice(m): 9:59am On Nov 16, 2015
charlesucheh:
ThankGod! There's PORTABILITY of sim card. Should MTN shut down, I'll just switch to etisalat sharpaly!!! I don't have time for Nonsense!

[size=18pt]Have you considered that Etisalat might not have the capacity to carry the overload?[/size]
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by dammytosh: 10:09am On Nov 16, 2015
olumide81:
'Staggered payment'...... So that we Nigerians will help them with the payment through excess extortion?

They have already started. I borrowed 3k and after a day, there is no airtime again.

I have returned their money, na to run away from any dealings with them during this period.
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by teepain: 10:17am On Nov 16, 2015
Bisjosh:
I just see gullibility in you all saying NCC should go through with this.

It will backfire in the Labour market when your sisters and brothers are sacked from MTN and back to the streets unable to feed their family.

MTN has the largest coverage in Nigeria.

Remember if you throw a stone from the market it might hit your house or a friend's.

But where is our sense of national pride and security. Are you suggesting that you prefer the way MTN willfully disregarded the directive of the NCC leading to the situation where our fellow citizens were being kidnapped by kidnappers who used unregistered SIM.

Besides a lot of Nigerians who had businesses that employed south Africans were not spared xenophobic attacks simply because some south Africans would lose their jobs.

National security is an overriding objective.
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by chimerase2: 10:20am On Nov 16, 2015
On top de wahala I still borrowed 750 naira airtime from mtn grin
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 16, 2015
MTN should pay up the fine jare. They should stop seeking public sympathy. NCC rules were clearly spelt out, why do they have to go against one of the rules on disconnecting unregistered SIM. Abi them been dey think say na business as usual. This is Buhari o not GEJ #mtnpayupquickly
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by jacoik(m): 10:27am On Nov 16, 2015
WeedSeller:
"I will wage war against doz wu wage war against u" By God..(Its inside d bible)

Iffu see d way 'MTN' waged war against my credit..'. U go pity me' i call customer care reach level;dem dey avoid me..

Awon werey gbogbo !
lolhahaha u no well. iswearnaufinishcomenthere
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by djbenchilovsky: 10:33am On Nov 16, 2015
I will switch off my mtn line till they pay their money complete...
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by ElCapone(m): 10:36am On Nov 16, 2015
When them dey charge us any how dem don forget abi. Make dem pay up joor.
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by Anijay1212(m): 10:36am On Nov 16, 2015
olumide81:
'Staggered payment'...... So that we Nigerians will help them with the payment through excess extortion?
I tell you bro they have started already.They have remove me 4rm my first eleven plan "due to new regulations" and the charges now is something else.
Let them pay the money because they will still steal us blind with fine or no fine.
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by charlsecy(m): 10:37am On Nov 16, 2015
Pidggin:
.....the fine is ridiculous. The only reason such a fine will be required of MTN is to ruin the company.
Not really... I remember reading that MTN and other networks were fully briefed and were aware of the penalty for default, and was even a signatory to the regulation, yet they failed to comply.
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by Anijay1212(m): 10:45am On Nov 16, 2015
Alanjeffy:

stop using our term BRo. yu v not registered in d end time association
Abeg where una office dey and how much to register. Chai see end time association.
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Pleads For Staggered Payment by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 16, 2015
Anijay1212:
Abeg where una office dey and how much to register. Chai see end time association.
check my signature for whatsapp no yu will message to be registered

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria National Anthem Ringtone / Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Officially Launched - Full Specification And Price / Airtel Binge Plan Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.