Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,673 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem (1377 Views)

Different Types Of Muslims We Will Come Across During This Ramadan Fast / Did The Prophet Warn Us Of ISIS? / Quran.. Verse Of The Sword... Most Notably Use By ISIS And Boko Haram Wrongly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by yhemsy62(m): 7:32am On Nov 16, 2015
This was posted on Facebook by Suliamian Duad from Singapore on Saturday the 14 April.

"I want to thank well-meaning non-Muslims who, in the wake of these attacks, have emphasised that they have been carried out by a small, twisted minority. A terrorist's goal is to sow hatred and discord, and by not giving in, you are defeating their plans.

But I want to say that as a Muslim, I wish that we weren't so quick to emphasise that this has nothing to do with us. While I personally have never killed anyone and none of my friends and family have ever resorted to violence, radicalism has everything to do with Islam. And the failure to address that out of a well-intentioned commitment to tolerance is making the problem worse.

ISIS is a Muslim organisation, and it is an Islamic problem. Let me say it again to be perfectly clear. ISIS is a Muslim organisation, and they are a cancer at the heart of Islam. And the problem will not go away until Muslims confront that.

ISIS attackers scream 'Allah hu'akbar' during their attacks.
ISIS recruits cite Qur'anic verses as justification for the rape and enslavement of women.
ISIS soldiers kill archaeologists, gay men and women, and people who refuse to convert to Islam because they are blasphemers.

There are no Christians in ISIS. There are no Buddhists, Jews, Pagans, Taoists, Houngans, Catholics, Wiccans, Hindus or even Scientologists in ISIS. ISIS is a Muslim organisation and they kill in the name of Islam.

So don't say that ISIS aren't 'true Muslims' or that they are 'not really Muslims'. Like any large organisation, ISIS exists in a spectrum. You have the aimless, restless teenager who never amounted to anything in his life and traveled to Syria because he can't find a job and doesn't know if the Qur'an is to be read from left to right or right to left. But you also have pious professionals, businessmen, and academics who read their Qur'an cover to cover, pray every day, were seduced into radicalism, and truly believe that the Islamic State's goal of conquest is a noble one. The so-called 'Caliph' Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi has a doctorate in Islamic studies.

So if you feel that Muslims are being oppressed or killed in Muslim countries, I expect you to also be just as outraged by ISIS. Because they have killed more Muslims in Iraq, Syria and Jordan than the entire US army. They have done more damage to the name and reputation of Islam than any Western nation. ISIS is Islam's biggest enemy, not the US, not Israel or France or Germany or the Russians.

We have to own the problem. We have to admit that this is a religious problem, and we need to renew our commitment to a secular country which treats all religions equally. I have believed in the importance of secularism all my life, and with every day that passes that belief grows stronger. Religion is no way to govern a nation. Not any religion, and not any nation.

ISIS is not America's problem, nor the British, nor the French. ISIS is not Syria or Iraq's problem. ISIS is a problem for Muslims. And if you can't admit that, you're not really a good Muslim either."

3 Likes

Re: Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by udatso: 8:32am On Nov 16, 2015
How does admitting stopISIS and other terrorists from killing Muslims and others

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by udatso: 8:33am On Nov 16, 2015
What exactly are you driving at?

1 Like

Re: Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by yhemsy62(m): 9:25am On Nov 16, 2015
udatso:
What exactly are you driving at?
This terrorist has painted Islam a very bad image, People around d world now see Islam as enemy of humanity

1 Like

Re: Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by udatso: 10:33am On Nov 16, 2015
yhemsy62:
This terrorist has painted Islam a very bad image, People around d world now see Islam as enemy of humanity
If am getting you correctly, Islam and Muslims are the victims here. If that's the case, I agree with you. If you are asking me to take the responsibility for the actions of these terrorists, I'm afraid I can't accept that. I believe no Muslim should.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by quickly: 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2015
udatso:

If am getting you correctly, Islam and Muslims are the victims here. If that's the case, I agree with you. If you are asking me to take the responsibility for the actions of these terrorists, I'm afraid I can't accept that. I believe no Muslim should.

Islam is not the victim it is the root cause because some ppl decided to.do exactly what mohammed did.

Mohammed is the greatest deceiver the world has ever since.

He is an ancient warrior from the middle east , if you follow all he did you will become shekau

The deception is so deep because it's now generational especially gullible africans.

4 Likes

Re: Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by udatso: 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
quickly:

Islam is not the victim it is the root cause because some ppl decided to.do exactly what mohammed did.

Mohammed is the greatest deceiver the world has ever since.

He is an ancient warrior from the middle east , if you follow all he did you will become shekau

The deception is so deep because it's now generational especially gullible africans.
I only pay attention to people who are ready to discus intellectually without insulting my Deen. It's clear you aren't that person. Can you help us both by not quoting me again?
Thanks for your understanding

1 Like

Re: Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by quickly: 1:04pm On Nov 16, 2015
udatso:

I only pay attention to people who are ready to discus intellectually without insulting my Deen. It's clear you aren't that person. Can you help us both by not quoting me again?
Thanks for your understanding
even though both of us r africans. You would rather beleive an arab man more than me.

Arabs do not behave that way having worked with north africans. They will only tolerate you when ur pushing there own agenda

I am trying to simulate ur intellect u might be the saviour of ur generations

1 Like

Re: Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by Rilwayne001: 3:11pm On Nov 16, 2015
We should'nt always see this as conspiracy theory. Conspiracy theory or not, we should come out at all time to condemn the devilish activities of these people. If we can rally against those insulting the prophet, why can't we do same against these devils parading themselves as muslims

sigh* sad

2 Likes

Re: Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by Empiree: 11:44pm On Nov 16, 2015
A Sheikh once said in his 2001/02 lecture in Sydney Australia. His intelligence analysis based on Quran and Hadith was very correct. He said with respect to "Arab uprising" or "Arab spring", that it was a sinister, domino effect, an event that would culminate the rise of funded fanatics by the very same people who pretend to fight them.

That their atrocities in the name of Islam would be so brutal and would pose "threats" to Israel; and Israel would scream to the world to get rid of "Islamic menace". He gave this lecture long before Arab spring. When Arab uprising finally came about around 2011, i know right there those ahadith he cited are authentic.

Now, here today, folks with indomie brain are screaming 'Islamic terror' pose great threat to humanity. Indeed, that analysis was correct. Yes, there are some cooked up conspiracy theories out there. That dont bother me a bit. But make no mistake, there are bunch of Muslim organizations who condemn this nonsense every time it happens. They are all tired of it. Myself is not left out. Unfortunately, either we protest or condemn this things, it will not stop anything.

The Last Age has kicked. Ahadith of End Time are in effect. Nothing is going to stop it. These ahadith speak of conspiracies against this Deen. Just pray that we dont get to be victims of this bs. The folks responsible for all these atrocities are mentioned in Sura Khaf 94

[size=20pt]قَالُوا يَا ذَا الْقَرْنَيْنِ إِنَّ يَأْجُوجَ وَمَأْجُوجَ مُفْسِدُونَ فِي الْأَرْضِ[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by ayinba1(f): 3:16am On Nov 18, 2015
As salam alaykum warahmatullah wabarakatuhu
I disagree with some a lot of parts of what the OP wrote. I wonder how he arrived at this statement.
"There are no Buddhists, Jews, Pagans, Taoists, Houngans, Catholics, Wiccans, Hindus or even Scientologists in ISIS"

While not trying to cast aspersions on his person, I would say it is really hard to say the above is true. The reason is that the end goal of ISIS is to make life unbearable for muslims. Truly, the muslims bear the brunt of these evil acts. Whether it is happening where the muslims are a majority OR a minority, muslims suffer where ISIS is.

We should take responsibility for raising responsible muslims as should other faiths take responsibility for raising responsible citizens. There are sick people in this world who delight at blood shed. They found an outlet in ISIS. Also in the Israeli military killing Palestinians and the Myammar people massacring the Rohingya; and the Rwanda/Burundi people killing, rival tribesmen (for what again?), and the South Africans killing the foreigners in their midst; boko haram killings in Nigeria; American kid/youth murdering people/schoolkids enmasse....... need more?? Listen to the news

I am a muslim, I am saddened by the horror in the world but I will not blame muslims/Islam for it. The tip of the iceberg is barely reaching out from under the surface.
Every soul shall account for its thoughts, speech and deed.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by ayinba1(f): 3:28am On Nov 18, 2015
Rilwayne001:
We should'nt always see this as conspiracy theory. Conspiracy theory or not, we should come out at all time to condemn the devilish activities of these people. If we can rally against those insulting the prophet, why can't we do same against these devils parading themselves as muslims

sigh* sad

Come out?? The first thing since 9/11 when a "bomb" goes off is this------ for the average muslim

"I hope it's not a muslim, I pray it's not a muslim" Then they start to describe and tell you who took "credit" for the disaster, and you cannot even breathe a sigh of relief.

You are scared, and rightly so. Because there are similar psychos out there who may revenge attack you for being a muslim.

Coming out ?? As in demonstration??
For those who demonstrated when the Prophet of Islam was insulted, tani ran won nise? For Allah's sake, a lot of muslims have lost their focus.

Prophet of Islam (pbuh) was once in the minority, then he (pbuh) was in the majority. Was there a time he was not insulted? Please what was his response?

Speaking against the acts of DAESH is crucial but losing sight of the fact that they are mostly destructive to muslims is juvenile.
The people complaining about muslims not speaking against ISIS are only interested in one thing.
For you muslims to agree that the views of ISIS are truly representative of Islam, to admit that when you become "more religious", you will do exactly what ISIS does. And to say , Yayyyyy!! "you" denounce Islam and will now become whatever they want you to be.

How exactly do you play that?

Speak therefore against DAESH for Allah's pleasure for I doubt that any muslim, including brother from Singapore, would please any haters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by Empiree: 4:22am On Nov 18, 2015
ayinba1:
As salam alaykum warahmatullah wabarakatuhu
[size=3pt]I disagree with some a lot of parts of what the OP wrote. I wonder how he arrived at this statement.
"There are no Buddhists, Jews, Pagans, Taoists, Houngans, Catholics, Wiccans, Hindus or even Scientologists in ISIS"

While not trying to cast aspersions on his person, I would say it is really hard to say the above is true.[/size] The reason is that the end goal of ISIS is to make life unbearable for muslims. Truly, the muslims bear the brunt of these evil acts. Whether it is happening where the muslims are a majority OR a minority, muslims suffer where ISIS is.

[size=3pt]We should take responsibility for raising responsible muslims as should other faiths take responsibility for raising responsible citizens. There are sick people in this world who delight at blood shed. They found an outlet in ISIS. Also in the Israeli military killing Palestinians and the Myammar people massacring the Rohingya; and the Rwanda/Burundi people killing, rival tribesmen (for what again?), and the South Africans killing the foreigners in their midst; boko haram killings in Nigeria; American kid/youth murdering people/schoolkids enmasse....... need more?? Listen to the news[/size]

I am a muslim, I am saddened by the horror in the world but I will not blame muslims/Islam for it. [
Every soul shall account for its thoughts, speech and deed.

Bravo!!! @bolded, wooooord! No, I wont blame Muslim either.

https://www.nairaland.com/2743893/did-prophet-warn-us-isis

You really sound like a friend of mine. https://www.facebook.com/loveofislam
Re: Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by Empiree: 3:39am On Nov 19, 2015
See what I have been talking about. There are people funding this sob. Sheik Imran Hussein have said couple of years ago that young folks are given money, 1 million dolapo each to join the group. Here, Yahoo confirmed the alleged funding. The group has noting to do with religion.

An ISIS defector explained a key reason people continue joining the group

Despite ISIS's claims of ruling over a Islamic "caliphate" in line with Sharia law, a large number of the group's fighters joined for reasons having little to do with religion, according to a defector from the group that The Daily Beast's Michael Weiss interviewed in Istanbul, Turkey. Instead, people are joining the organization because they are desperate for money and are struggling to find a way to survive in Syria, where four years of civil war have decimated the economy.

read more
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/isis-defector-explained-key-reason-180356055.html

They are mercenaries. That's not conspiracy theory. I sensed that all along

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by trapQ: 4:20am On Nov 20, 2015
God bless this Muslim from Singapore. Apparently he's a man of dignity. The average Muslim will say, ISIS isn't a muslim thing.. But every sane person knows they're Muslims.

Like he rightly said, they're ALL Muslims. Where else did they draw their inspiration from if not Mohammed himself. Infact , saying that they aren't Muslims should be tantamount to treasonable felony.
Re: Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:03am On Nov 20, 2015
Aslm dear brothers and sisters in Islam.

We should also remember the Hadith of Rasul Allah (S. A. W) that talks about the signs of day of judgment.

He (S. A. W) said : A time will come when haraj will be widespread. The companions ask him (S. A. W) what is haraj because it is not an Arabic word, it is Lisaan Al Habashah. The language is an Ethiopian word which means killing.

A time will come when Muslim will kill Muslim.
People with same religion, same Lord, Same everything will kill themselves.

1 Like

Re: Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by DevotedOne(m): 10:25pm On Nov 26, 2015
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name Of Allaah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful. As salaamu alaykum The Peace Be Upon You.

ISIS is our problem as long as they will listen to us. The word is, that isis has a drug problem. If they will acknowledge it, then we can work together.

The Life Of The Prophet Muhammad (SAAS) Four Volumes Al-Siira al-Nabawiyya by Ibn Kathiir

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/11/19/the-tiny-pill-fueling-syrias-war-and-turning-fighters-into-super-human-soldiers/?tid=themost_item_2 The tiny pill fueling Syria’s war and turning fighters into superhuman soldiers

http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2015/11/20/isis-drug-use-amphetamines-captagon-todd-dnt-tsr.cnn/video/playlists/isis-power-an-terror/ Are jihadists using powerful drug?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ke13JNlpBQ#t=57 The Drug Fueling Conflict In Syria

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Muslims We Should Admit ISIS Our Problem by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2015
Yeah they r tarnishing the image of islam

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Swiss Poltician Who Wanted Minarets Banned / Collin Powel On Islam And Muslims In America / Muslims Celebrate New Year 1433 After Hijra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.