Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

5 Ways To Avoid Police Cells These Ember Months!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Ways To Avoid Police Cells These Ember Months!!! (637 Views)

Photos Of Prison Cells Reveal How Differently Countries Treat Their Criminals / 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' / New Tactics Applied By Blacks In America To Avoid Police Brutality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Avoid Police Cells These Ember Months!!! by Rapmoney(m): 3:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
It is no longer news that during festive seasons such as Christmas and New Year, members of the Nigerian Police go on what I call 'arrest spree'. It doesn't matter whether you are involved in a crime or not because you might eventually find yourself cooling off in any of the numerous police cells scattered all over the country!!! 'Abeg' or 'Nor be me do am' nor dey for police dictionary!!! grin For Nigerian Police, everyone seems to be a criminal during festive periods, especially, 'the Ember months' wink After all, police man wife and children must wear Christmas clothes and deh must eat Christmas chicken too! Below are ways you can avoid wasting useful money for better purposes on unwarranted police case:

1) Avoid roadside drinking spots: This is surely one place police officers target during this season! You might end up in cell and waste hard-earned cash trying to bail yourself while 'legally' trying to enjoy yourself in a bar. The police would always give reasons and excuses why they invaded the drinking spot...'We are looking for a criminal' and 'We suspect criminal activities here' are common reasons!!! Don't fall a victim. Rather, enjoy yourself in a bar located in a peaceful hotel/motel.

2) Always go out with an Identity card: This could be school, work or organisation ID cards. Nigerian Police are quick to label you as a 'criminal' or person of questionable character when you fail to produce an identity card at their request. Carrying an identity card can save you the stress of parting with your hard-earned 10k or even 20k!!! grin

3) Avoid call-girls joints: Abeg, by all means avoid Olosho joints! This one is for guys! This is one place members of the police target too. During 'ember months', police officers tend to raid brothels and red-light districts! If you are not careful, that 3-minute enjoyment on top one of those babes can take you directly to a 'comfortable cell' in Area F!!! grin. Police go use your money buy goat and kill this Xmas! cool

4) Avoid moving late in the night: This is one sure way of avoiding police arrest and cells during these ember months. The truth is that these officers might not have time to listen to your explanations whether genuine or not. You want to explain the fact that you are returning from a friend's bachelor's night or from the club? Biko, save that for the birds!!! By the time they shove you into their van like a bag of salt, you go know say na too much groundnut oil make puff-puff shine pass buns! grin

5) Avoid walking in group of 'Not-too-sure friends': You can never be too sure of what some people you see as 'friends' do or move about with. I know how many times I have walked past police officers in the city of Enugu in areas where police mostly arrest people...but I wasn't arrested because I was walking alone. There are two things here; first, when you walk in groups, you are only sure of yourself and not the other people. Some other persons might be moving with implicating substances or materials such as knife, dagger or marijuana. If anyone is caught in the group you are moving with, be sure that you all would be cooling off in cell within the shortest possible time! Don't forget that your innocence can easily go to the dogs in this case!

5) Avoid visiting friends where hard drugs are sold and taken: Unless you take hard drugs, which you must be ready to dance to the music when you are caught, do not visit friends or anyone close to where they sell and take drugs such as marijuana, skunk, etc. Places like this are clear targets for men of the police force. They would definitely raid places like this to make arrests and generate income for themselves through bail and settlement. If you are caught close to the scene, you are automatically a drug addict, even without evidence. 'If to say I know' nor dey inside this one o! cool

Avoid unnecessary movements that can bring you and your family embarrasment these ember months by being precautious!

You too can add yours! cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Police Cells These Ember Months!!! by oteneaaron(m): 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2015
Abegi bros....u hit dah nail on d head......better safe dan sorri...

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Police Cells These Ember Months!!! by MKO4ever(m): 3:41pm On Nov 16, 2015
6) Avoid driving with incomplete vehicle papers

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Police Cells These Ember Months!!! by Rapmoney(m): 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2015
oteneaaron:
Abegi bros....u hit dah nail on d head......better safe dan sorri...
I dey tell you! Voom better pass statement o! grin
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Police Cells These Ember Months!!! by Rapmoney(m): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2015
MKO4ever:
6) Avoid driving with incomplete vehicle papers
Yes, that's very correct!
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Police Cells These Ember Months!!! by Ekpekus(m): 3:52pm On Nov 16, 2015
7. Avoid any kind of quarrelling or fight at all cost.
Police nor wan know who is right or wrong grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Police Cells These Ember Months!!! by Rapmoney(m): 4:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
Ekpekus:
7. Avoid any kind of quarrelling or fight at all cost.

Police nor wan know who is right or wrong grin
Lol bro! grin Even 'two fighting' dey write statement for station o! cheesy
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Police Cells These Ember Months!!! by oteneaaron(m): 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2015
Rapmoney:
Lol bro! grin Even 'two fighting' dey write statement for station o! cheesy

So true....i make one kind stewpid mistake go d share fight...bros, upon say dem nearly break my head...na so kelebe carry me go ....i write statement like say na essay.......i come go behind counter..o boy...i gats hustle bail myself oooo....upon say na share i de share fight oooo.....so for me even if na quarell..i no de near dah area at all.....police wey de hussle customers dis ember months...
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Police Cells These Ember Months!!! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
Biafrans will not listen....
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Police Cells These Ember Months!!! by Tunami(m): 8:47pm On Nov 16, 2015
No.7: know how to run fast no.8: dont dress ruggedly.
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Police Cells These Ember Months!!! by Ionkidiz(m): 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2015
Nice write up

(1) (Reply)

Unclad Man Arrested After Falling Through Ceiling Of Fast-food Restaurant / A British Thief Was Caught Because He Spat Before Entering His Victim's House / Man Sent Hired Killers After Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.