Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,520 members, 7,843,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Prize For Innovation: Etisalat Splashes N7 Million On Innovators - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Prize For Innovation: Etisalat Splashes N7 Million On Innovators (461 Views)

Facebook Launches Nigeria Initiative To Drive Innovation, Growth / NCC Receives ITU Award,nigerian Innovators – Ubalua, Awosika And Ucheaga Also / Man Wins N10m In Airtel Promo In Awka, Faints At Prize Presentation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prize For Innovation: Etisalat Splashes N7 Million On Innovators by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 16, 2015
After months of numerous entry submissions and rigorous judging sessions, two winners have emerged for the 2015 edition of the Etisalat Prize for Innovation. This announcement was made at a glitz and glam event which held on Friday, November 6, 2015 at Intercontinental Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos.

The winners, Obi Brown and Chijioke Ezegbo went home with N5 million and N2 million respectively. They were also rewarded with publicity campaign, mentoring session at the Enterprise Development Centre of the Pan Atlantic University.

The winning product in the most innovative product category, created by Obi Brown, Study Math Lab, is a repository of over 1300+ videos solving math problems in over 49 topics in the NERDC curriculum for senior secondary school Maths. The videos are solved by a team of Math teachers led by the WAEC Chief Examiner.

Dedicated Traffic Mapping Device (DTMD) which emerged the winning idea in the most innovative idea category, created by Chijioke Ezegbo is a GPRS enabled traffic navigation device with voice over interface which is affixed to a vehicle windshield (just like a rear view mirror) to help users navigate their way through traffic by accessing real-time traffic data and suggesting shorter/alternate routes.

Speaking at the event, Chief Executive Officer of Etisalat Nigeria, Matthew Willsher, said the Prize for Innovation initiative which aims at discovering and growing young Nigerians with innovative products, ideas and solutions using mobile broadband technology, reflects the company’s commitment to nurturing talents and promoting creativity that will have invaluable impacts on individuals and organizations.

The event which was hosted by TV Personality, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu had performances from the Soulful singer, Timi Dakolo as well as Yemi Sax.

The Etisalat Prize for Innovation, in its fourth season, aims at promoting innovations with valuable impacts from the broadband community including individuals and SMEs who are into manufacturing of phone devices, development of apps and contents and provision of software services.
http://techcabal.com/2015/11/12/prize-for-innovation-etisalat-splashes-n7-million-on-innovators/

Re: Prize For Innovation: Etisalat Splashes N7 Million On Innovators by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 16, 2015
I have participated two consecutive times tho, couldn't win.
Re: Prize For Innovation: Etisalat Splashes N7 Million On Innovators by lukmoore: 8:01pm On Nov 16, 2015
Bossforeva:
I have participated two consecutive times tho, couldn't win.
if i haven't blown before the next one i will win it i promise.

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat Network / Iphone 4s Wifi And Bluetooth / NCC Has Given Nigerians The Opportunity To Report Network Providers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.