Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary (42870 Views)

Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary / Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore / Ibukun Awosika Appointed As The First Female Chairman Of The Board Of First Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by lakeside30: 7:09pm On Nov 16, 2015
chinoify:
End time resignation

How market bros
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 16, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
Let it be on record, it happens during PMB's regime. Business ain't encouraging and let's hope it's for good else we have been scammed.

So the whole country should be held to ransom because of Dangote's investment.They should not take action against MTN or what are you saying?
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by millhouse: 7:18pm On Nov 16, 2015
Is d biz war btw naija and Southi taking a new dimension
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by hotnsexy4christ(f): 7:20pm On Nov 16, 2015
Repent brother, Repent sister. JESUS is coming soon.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by Menace2Society(m): 7:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
Muppets on the prowl grin
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by tollyson: 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2015
Ebenezerk2:
I hope my shares is safe, that is my concern
In fact, that is the main issue. Shareholders investment should be protected in all their dealings.
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by texazzpete(m): 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
Let it be on record, it happens during PMB's regime. Business ain't encouraging and let's hope it's for good else we have been scammed.

I wonder which former ruler we can blame for your own birth.

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by gretblue: 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2015
@ Moyinolubunmi stop being a nuisance.PMB has nothing to do with this.Its on record in every business organization.There are some products of the same company that will enjoy high patronage. While in the same organization there will be some products that will be of low patronage.The low patronage of dangote flour has been in existence ever since inception.I have friends who have worked with this dangote flour in 2012 till 2013.The products are just not accepted in the market especially in the south. So stop being a bigot.PMB has nothing to do with the fall of dangote flour.
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by moyinoluwabun(m): 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2015
texazzpete:

I wonder which former ruler we can blame for your own birth.

Rubbish
Google is your friend.
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by moyinoluwabun(m): 7:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
wahabian:

So the whole country should be held to ransom because of Dangote's investment.They should not take action against MTN or what are you saying?
read my comment oga. Actions will end up to be for good or regret and I stated that's it's my hope that it will be to our benefit. Ok?
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by AbuMikey(m): 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2015
ikombe:
Antispam bot has fustrated me . Chai cry

Airforce1 na ur hand i dey now sad

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3081612_superscreenshot0008_jpeg698dcbe602541cfa4b680ec0cdbcd381

Bwahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahaha grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by menix(m): 7:34pm On Nov 16, 2015
After him don see say Dangote flour ain't gonna monopolize the flour business.
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by ril19(m): 7:34pm On Nov 16, 2015
JUST BECAUSE DEM WAN CHANGE THE NAME OF THE COMPANY
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by Wallie(m): 7:35pm On Nov 16, 2015
Resign or ousted? You don't just resign from a company in which you own a majority-minority stake! Also sounds like the 3 other board members were his appointees to the board. If I had to guess, I would say a major ownership change is ongoing and Dangote is being bought out or pushed out. When you lose that much power in a company, it can only be because everything don pafuka!
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by damiloladuke: 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2015
COOOL\

DO YOU NEED LAPTOP LIGHTS? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 16, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
read my comment oga. Actions will end up to be for good or regret and I stated that's it's my hope that it will be to our benefit. Ok?

so why must you bring Buhari into the just sanction of MTN?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by moyinoluwabun(m): 7:55pm On Nov 16, 2015
wahabian:

so why must you bring Buhari into the just sanction of MTN?
all over the world, those in govt are blamed for every fall in business and praised for every booming business. It's our believe that govt policies affect all dis businesses not in a small measure. So, sai baba shouldn't be exempted.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by 2sex(m): 7:59pm On Nov 16, 2015
ValerianSteel:
This year hasn't been that favourable to him.

I don't even think Dangote flour sells unlike Golden Penny which is widely used by local bakeries for bread.They are the primary consumers of flour in Nigeria.
His pasta is WACK... u could vomit if u eat it. Eat golden penny and compare the difference. It's all about value bro. If their current recipe ain't working, they should hire someone better to formulate another one which will be better and can knock off golden penny.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by rolletj(m): 8:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2741257/protest-akwa-ibom-state-university#40086740
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by hazandino(m): 8:18pm On Nov 16, 2015
indeed ,dis is a bad newz to nigeria empolyee and also graduate ...enteprenuership still remain d best option (advice).
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by tapesz: 8:19pm On Nov 16, 2015
lookandlaff:
Dangote sold his business to Tiger brands in 2012

the decision to change the name was announced in July 2015, long before the MTN saga

It;s only natural for Dangote to resign from the board after the management transition is complete with the name change especially considering his remaining stake is only worth about $6M, a pittance to Dangote and hardly worth his time and effort.

Dangote sold his shares in 2012 for N9.50 a share, today the shares are selling @ N2.40 a share, What Dangote received for 63% of the company in 2012 is 3 times what the entire company is valued at today so shrewd move by Dangote

Thank you..you dey follow events well.
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by estherdim: 8:19pm On Nov 16, 2015
who is the owner of Louis sugar

Get your Festina gold Watch, Timberland Boot, Nike,Emporio Armani, Casio Edifice,Diesel watch, Smart watches Et all, visit link at signature below also click here for more collections Konga.com/broxy
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by adconline(m): 8:46pm On Nov 16, 2015
WinkWrld:
We are going to deal with Dstv too. So if SA likes let them hug transformer. Murafuckin thieves. Your ain't getting no share from our oil.
Stupidity ingrained on ur encephalon.. Keep praying for companies to fail so that laid-off workers can join job market or Boko Haram market..
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
all over the world, those in govt are blamed for every fall in business and praised for every booming business. It's our believe that govt policies affect all dis businesses not in a small measure. So, sai baba shouldn't be exempted.

If the company that funds Dangote flour wants to pull out because Nigeria sanctioned MTN,so be it.

The change we yearn for isn't going to come on a bed of roses.Countries over the world lashes Nigeria and her citizens for not obeying rules and following due process.Why should these same countries come here and break our laws?How many a citizen of this country have lost their heads in Asia,rotting away in jails all over the world,yet they feel they can come here and do as they like.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by kenoz(m): 9:42pm On Nov 16, 2015
Okay
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by mytime24(f): 9:51pm On Nov 16, 2015
ikombe:
are u indirectly saying airforce1 no go fit drop album grin
mouth sealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by Gidi3020(m): 10:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
Make e sha no be like say I no comment
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by SchoolGist24(m): 10:46pm On Nov 16, 2015
[size=20pt]Story For The God!!![/size]

Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by 14(m): 12:50am On Nov 17, 2015
sunnyb0b0:
Dangote scammed Tiger big time on this company.

Hence he was kicked out, the company was overpriced at $400m, whereas it was worth $50m. Now Tiger brand is bleeding, they were sold ice.
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by Candybob(m): 2:52am On Nov 17, 2015
So Dangote does not own the flour mill? He was merely fronting for SA! And we all thought Nigeria was actually producing flour... Please can somebody find out the real owners of the Dangote refinery
This guy is just a bloody mercernary, only interested in milking this country! Bomboclat!
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by MduZA: 7:43am On Nov 17, 2015
Candybob:
So Dangote does not own the flour mill? He was merely fronting for SA! And we all thought Nigeria was actually producing flour... Please can somebody find out the real owners of the Dangote refinery
This guy is just a bloody mercernary, only interested in milking this country! Bomboclat!

lol
Re: Dangote Quits Board Of Flour-producing Subsidiary by texazzpete(m): 7:56am On Nov 17, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
Google is your friend.

Is your birthdate indexed by Google?

See why some of you need to go back to school?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dr. Obiora Okonkwo Tapping Palm Wine (Video) / 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business / How To Survive On 20k Or Less In A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.