Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

The First Ever Contactless ATM Debit Cards In Nigeria Deplored By UBA PLC - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The First Ever Contactless ATM Debit Cards In Nigeria Deplored By UBA PLC (2675 Views)

Firstbank Introduces Contactless Naira Mastercard / Uba Contactless Cards Hit Industry High Of 3million / Precautionary Tips To Help Minimize Scam On Your Atm/debit/credit Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Ever Contactless ATM Debit Cards In Nigeria Deplored By UBA PLC by kclee(m): 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2015
e-banking Nigeria
Banking in Nigeria evolving full e. Mobile and Internet banking on the move...
Monday, 16 November 2015

The first ever contactless atm debit card in Nigeria deplored by UBA PLC

Source: www.ubagroup.com

UBA Contactless Cards

Welcome to #UBAContactless, a world of total freedom enabling you to make payments in a
fast, easy and secure way. With our contactless cards, you can make payments for everyday essentials and other things that money can buy the contactless way. 

With our new contactless cards, you can now make payments on the POS without swiping or inserting your card. No queuing, no waiting.

Let’s tell you more…

Picture everyone queuing up to pay for items at your neighbourhood store or supermarket.

How do they pay on the POS? The traditional way of inserting or swiping card, right?

You can now stand out from the crowd by joining the contactless revolution. Move away from the norm and enter our contactless world of easy payments where you no longer have to insert or swipe your card.

How does it work?

Contactless payment is easier than 1, 2, 3…

Got some questions? We already answered them here!

What is a Contactless Card?

A contactless card allows you to make payment without having to slot in or swipe your card. All you need do is place your card against the POS terminal reader and a connection is established.

Is Contactless same as NFC?

Yes, they mean the same thing. NFC (Near Field Communication) is the technology behind contactless payments.

How is the Contactless Card different from my current regular card?

It is your regular card with the added advantage of contactless technology.

How does my UBA Contactless Card work?

It’s so easy! Just follow these steps:
Ensure that the POS can accept contactless payments (it must be NFC-enabled)
Simply hold your contactless card against the reader (remember… no slotting, no swiping)
You will be prompted to enter your PIN
Your transaction is approved

Where can I use my UBA Contactless card?

Your UBA contactless card can be used at any merchant location with the contactless symbol
Your card can be used like a regular card and on a POS without the NFC logo
You can use it across all the channels where you use your regular card – ATM, POS and Web

Should I be worried about security?

Not at all. Our contactless card uses the Combined Data Authentication EMV Chip which is currently the highest standard for chip technology used in payment cards. So yes, your card is absolutely safe.

Will I need a PIN to use my UBA Contactless card?

Ideally, you should not, especially for low value transactions such as making transit payment. However, the Central Bank of Nigeria requires PIN entry for all card transactions on the POS. This then means that you will still need to enter your PIN until the regulation is reviewed.

Where is it available?

You can get one at any of our Business Offices in Nigeria. It will be introduced in our other African markets in a couple of months.

How long would it take for me to get my UBA Contactless card?

You can get it instantly at any UBA Business Office.Embossed cards take 24 hours.

How much does it cost?
N1, 000

Is UBA the first to introduce this in Nigeria?

YES!!!
Join the contactless revolution today.You can reach us for more information about #UBAContactless:

http://e-banking9ja..com/2015/11/e-banking-nigeria-first-ever.html
Re: The First Ever Contactless ATM Debit Cards In Nigeria Deplored By UBA PLC by ksstroud: 8:51pm On Nov 16, 2015
Useless Bank of Africa

3 Likes

Re: The First Ever Contactless ATM Debit Cards In Nigeria Deplored By UBA PLC by yomi007k(m): 8:55pm On Nov 16, 2015
ksstroud:
Useless Bank of Africa
grin

1 Like

Re: The First Ever Contactless ATM Debit Cards In Nigeria Deplored By UBA PLC by cirmuell(m): 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
my bank grin, they are useless though.

(1) (Reply)

Oil At $25: Kachikwu Blames Saudi / Learn How To Make Passive Income With Helping Hands International / In Need Of A Financial Partner For Car Wash Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.