Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Rivers Governor Pledges $20,000 For Each Super Eagles Goal Against Swaziland - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rivers Governor Pledges $20,000 For Each Super Eagles Goal Against Swaziland (848 Views)

Why We Won’t Appeal Disallowed Goal Against Nigeria – Zambia FA / Aka Udofia Offers $20,000 Per Goal Scored By Eagles Against Cameroon / No ManCity Player Celebrated Iheanacho Goal Against Southampton. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Governor Pledges $20,000 For Each Super Eagles Goal Against Swaziland by Georgville(m): 3:00am On Nov 17, 2015
Dr Nyesom Wike has assured that the state government will reward the senior national team handsomely if they are able to eliminate the King’s Shield from the World Cup qualifier Rivers’ State Governor Nyesom Wike has promised to give the Super Eagles a sum of $20,000 for each goal scored on Tueday in the return leg of the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier against the King’s Shield of Swaziland at the Adokie Amiesimaka Stadium, Port Harcourt.
The Eagles were held to a goalless draw in Lobamba by the southern African nation last Friday and must score at home on Tuesday if they are to progress to the next stage of the qualifier.

The Rivers State Governor who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Chief Kenneth Kobani made the pledge after he attended the training session of the Eagles on Friday evening at the Adokie Amiesimaka Stadium, Port Harcourt.

Governor Wike told the Eagles that they have found a home in Port Harcourt and that they should always feel free to enjoy the hospitality and the comfort the state has to offer whenever they come around for senior national team matches or of their own volition.

He said the Eagles must take the World Cup qualifier very seriously and that it was the sole reason the state government has decided to support the team’s quest to scale to the next round.

The governor also promised to host the Eagles after the World Cup qualifier on Tuesday evening as a way of appreciating the team for its remarkable performance in the past and now.

“In line with the Rivers spirit and the hospitality in the state, Port Harcourt has become your home. Sometimes ago, our players decided that Lagos was not suitable enough for them but they have found a home in Port Harcourt. We are happy to have them here and we are going to support them with all that we have.

“He has asked me to tell you that Nigerians are behind you. He said that for every goal you score against Swaziland, he will give you $20,000. He will not only come and watch you but will also host you at the end of the day. We know you are better than our opponentsnd we are imploring you to play your normal game and victory will be yours at the end of the day,” Chief Kobani who represented Governor Wike told the players.

Appreciating the Governor of Rivers State for his continuous show of support to the Eagles, the captain of the team, Ahmed Musa thanked Governor Wike for his gesture and assured that the Eagles would beat Swaziland and get the ticket to the next round of the World Cup qualifiers.

http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4065/africa/2015/11/17/17397802/rivers-governor-pledges-20000-for-each-super-eagles-goal-against-
Re: Rivers Governor Pledges $20,000 For Each Super Eagles Goal Against Swaziland by nnachukz(m): 3:08am On Nov 17, 2015
Wike, hold that money. You might need it for a handshake with the appeal court Judge.
Re: Rivers Governor Pledges $20,000 For Each Super Eagles Goal Against Swaziland by DahtzFestjayz: 3:32am On Nov 17, 2015
nnachukz:
Wike, hold that money. You might need it for a handshake with the appeal court Judge.
You garrit. But No handshake, the system has changed.
Re: Rivers Governor Pledges $20,000 For Each Super Eagles Goal Against Swaziland by dannybomb(m): 4:02am On Nov 17, 2015
dem don start again. small Swaziland too na una go dey promise cash reward.
Re: Rivers Governor Pledges $20,000 For Each Super Eagles Goal Against Swaziland by kunzo: 4:47am On Nov 17, 2015
We don hear
Re: Rivers Governor Pledges $20,000 For Each Super Eagles Goal Against Swaziland by sexaddict08(m): 6:38am On Nov 17, 2015
is this news authentic? please someone confirm so that I can play it over 2.5
Re: Rivers Governor Pledges $20,000 For Each Super Eagles Goal Against Swaziland by nnachukz(m): 6:39am On Nov 17, 2015
DahtzFestjayz:
You garrit. But No handshake, the system has changed.
that is how far you have been deceived. The system has gotten worse but you are made to believe the opposite. Just don't get any case, you will be disappointed with your believe if you do.
Re: Rivers Governor Pledges $20,000 For Each Super Eagles Goal Against Swaziland by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 17, 2015
sexaddict08:
is this news authentic? please someone confirm so that I can play it over 2.5
guy if u see Odd wey these bookies give Swaziland. u go know say that match go pass five goals.

Swazi.. 20odd to win naija..

OTHER THINGS ACTIVATED.
Re: Rivers Governor Pledges $20,000 For Each Super Eagles Goal Against Swaziland by sexaddict08(m): 7:55am On Nov 17, 2015
krattoss:
guy if u see Odd wey these bookies give Swaziland. u go know say that match go pass five goals.

Swazi.. 20odd to win naija..

OTHER THINGS ACTIVATED.

OK, over 3.5 sure be that.
maybe Ghana, Algeria n Egypt too
Re: Rivers Governor Pledges $20,000 For Each Super Eagles Goal Against Swaziland by sexaddict08(m): 7:57am On Nov 17, 2015
timothy394:
Goodday everyone. Its another great win from my source again, congratulations to all my subscribers, including those that won with me for the first time, now u can prove that my games are real. Next fixed games are for wednesday, interested persons should call me now on 07053864005 for more details , so you can subscribe and get my games to be a partaker of my next great win, Don't miss this next great odds and chance, because it call for another celebration. stay bless

respect yourself now, abi u want make vulture chop u alive
Re: Rivers Governor Pledges $20,000 For Each Super Eagles Goal Against Swaziland by DahtzFestjayz: 8:14am On Nov 17, 2015
nnachukz:
that is how far you have been deceived. The system has gotten worse but you are made to believe the opposite. Just don't get any case, you will be disappointed with your believe if you do.
That rotten system has long gone...Its Buhari and APC administration not the PDP begotten son's. Change is Real, Embrace it. Have you heard of CCT chairman case, Umar?

(1) (Reply)

Panic As Nigerian International Goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama Trends On Twitter / Spanish Embassy Explain Why Nigeria U-17 Female Basketball Team Denied Visas / Man Utd Offer €192 Millions For Neymar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.