Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,857 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

And The Seller Vanished! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / And The Seller Vanished! (4071 Views)

The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. / Clean Gx 470 for 2.3m From A Distress Seller / $$$$$$ 9ja Used 2005 Jaguar S-type For N1.7m Negotiable Call Seller! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

And The Seller Vanished! by Konboko: 4:31am On Nov 17, 2015
Bought this car from Port Harcourt about 3 weeks ago and on my way out the engine knocked just before entering Aba. This is despite all assurances that it was a buy and drive and that it has just been serviced. Could not ascertain the oil level because it had already been driven before I arrived that morning and could not get a mechanic to check it cos it was Sunday morning.

The problem is that upon realising the problem I called this Davies guy. Thereafter he dropped the line and left WhatsApp. He literally disappeared!

The car requires a another engine but that is no problem but why hide, could there be something fishy about the transactions?
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by Konboko: 4:35am On Nov 17, 2015
Screenshots

Re: And The Seller Vanished! by Konboko: 4:37am On Nov 17, 2015
More

Re: And The Seller Vanished! by nwolisar: 4:51am On Nov 17, 2015
Ogbuefi don put u for one nyarnsh (one chance). Seriously OP we have passed d limit of taking one's word when it comes to buying cars. Inspect, check n double check bifor u part away with your hard earned money.

2 Likes

Re: And The Seller Vanished! by engrfcuksmtin(m): 4:56am On Nov 17, 2015
Sorry about that, scammers everywhere. People have lost, please hope the guy is not on Nairaland?
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by Konboko: 5:00am On Nov 17, 2015
He is on nairaland and saw the ad on nairaland.

Re: And The Seller Vanished! by Konboko: 5:06am On Nov 17, 2015
HE IS DAVIDS202
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by bigtt76(f): 5:12am On Nov 17, 2015
People shaaaaa.... What if car was a stolen one? undecided
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by rheether(f): 5:28am On Nov 17, 2015
You need to be carefull wth the car.
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by Konboko: 6:54am On Nov 17, 2015
rheether:
You need to be carefull wth the car.

Thanks
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by Konboko: 6:57am On Nov 17, 2015
engrfcuksmtin:
Sorry about that, scammers everywhere. People have lost, please hope the guy is not on Nairaland?

Thanks
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by uboma(m): 7:09am On Nov 17, 2015
@ Davids202

You better come out here and say your own side to the story....
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by uboma(m): 7:13am On Nov 17, 2015
Konboko:
Bought this car from Port Harcourt about 3 weeks ago and on my way out the engine knocked just before entering Aba. This is despite all assurances that it was a buy and drive and that it has just been serviced. Could not ascertain the oil level because it had already been driven before I arrived that morning and could not get a mechanic to check it cos it was Sunday morning.

The problem is that upon realising the problem I called this Davies guy. Thereafter he dropped the line and left WhatsApp. He literally disappeared!

The car requires a another engine but that is no problem but why hide, could there be something fishy about the transactions?

By what means did you pay for the car, by cash or into his account?

I hope its the latter so you can post his full names and account details when we demand for it.
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by engrfcuksmtin(m): 8:09am On Nov 17, 2015
uboma:

I hope its the latter so you can post his full names and account details when we demand for it.
It will be good if he paid into his account......seriously am interested in this case.
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by tonie123: 8:18am On Nov 17, 2015
engrfcuksmtin:
It will be good if he paid into his account......seriously am interested in this case.

Me too call icpc and give his account detail...get the ram before that car lands you in trouble

3 Likes

Re: And The Seller Vanished! by Konboko: 8:48am On Nov 17, 2015
uboma:

Transfer into his account through ATM.
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by chloedogie(m): 9:23am On Nov 17, 2015
Konboko:

How much did you transfer into his account for the car through ATM?
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by uboma(m): 10:13am On Nov 17, 2015
Konboko:

Good.

1 Like

Re: And The Seller Vanished! by cynhamscakes(f): 12:11pm On Nov 17, 2015
Wow!!! This is an eye opener.

Op i pray its not a stolen car.

Na wah. All the sweet words "buy and drive", nothing to fix, car is in top condition, clean body etc etc are just sweet words to con someone?
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by Konboko: 12:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
cynhamscakes:
Wow!!! This is an eye opener.

Op i pray its not a stolen car.

Na wah. All the sweet words "buy and drive", nothing to fix, car is in top condition, clean body etc etc are just sweet words to con someone?

According to him only the ac condenser needed to be fixed. Experience has revealed much more
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by cynhamscakes(f): 12:32pm On Nov 17, 2015
It may even be its a legit business but his hiding and blocking you on his whatsapp will create a very wrong impression.
I'm sure he is aware of this thread. Its better he contacts you and pay the money for a new engine than hiding and possibly get himself arrested.

3 Likes

Re: And The Seller Vanished! by Konboko: 6:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
I think it is legit
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by uboma(m): 4:45am On Nov 18, 2015
Konboko:
I think it is legit

Why do you think it is legit?
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by Nobody: 5:04am On Nov 18, 2015
I don't see any issue personally.

1) You purchased a used car. Unless the car comes with a warranty then the onus is on the buyer to make sure the merchandise offered for sale will serve the intended purpose.

2) The seller, unless as part of the sales effort offers to remain available, has no obligation to remain available to you.

Good luck with your car.

9 Likes

Re: And The Seller Vanished! by rydow(m): 5:16am On Nov 18, 2015
I bought my first car on NL.

The seller claims its a buy and drive and the truth is I bought and drive from Ilorin to Ibadan. Battery pack up in ibadan. Bought a new battery and drive to Lagos. It was in Lagos that the gear refused to change properly.
It was in Lagos that the suspension and seats becomes issues.

It was in Lagos that the power steering packed up. The Lagos am saying was Ojota oooo. Not my house. My friend towed the car home from egbeda wen I discovered I can't cope to drive the Man-Diesel home with strong steering wheel.

He knows himself and he is probably rating this thread .

My advice is 95% of buy and drive on NL is a scam. My Kazeem said it is only when a car starts to develop a fault that the owner remembers he wants to upgrade.

Please be wise

7 Likes

Re: And The Seller Vanished! by Konboko: 6:00am On Nov 18, 2015
rydow:

The seller claims its a buy and drive and the truth is I bought and drive from Ilorin to Ibadan. Battery pack up in ibadan. Bought a new battery and drive to Lagos. It was in Lagos that the gear refused to change properly.

It was in Lagos that the power steering packed up. The Lagos am saying was Ojota oooo. Not my house. My friend towed the car home from egbeda wen I discovered I can't cope to drive the Man-Diesel home with strong steering wheel.

My advice is 95% of buy and drive on NL is a scam. My Kazeem said it is only when a car starts to develop a fault that the owner remembers he wants to upgrade.

Please be wise
v

Hnmmm. Think we should cultivate a culture of frankness. It will help a great deal. You can imagine what it is putting me through. Please consider your neighbour.

2 Likes

Re: And The Seller Vanished! by Konboko: 6:03am On Nov 18, 2015
uboma:

Why do you think it is legit?
Just an inkling
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by Konboko: 6:09am On Nov 18, 2015
EgunMogaji:
I don't see any issue personally.

1) You purchased a used car. Unless the car comes with a warranty then the onus is on the buyer to make sure the merchandise offered for sale will serve the intended purpose.

2) The seller, unless as part of the sales effort offers to remain available, has no obligation to remain available to you.

Good luck with your car.

I beg to differ. From Port Harcourt to lokoja do you know how many police check points you'll meet? What if they try his number to confirm the transactions?

1 Like

Re: And The Seller Vanished! by Ekleb(m): 6:28am On Nov 18, 2015
nwolisar:
Ogbuefi don put u for one nyarnsh (one chance). Seriously OP we have passed d limit of taking one's word when it comes to buying cars. Inspect, check n double check bifor u part away with your hard earned money.
. Even triple check. If possible when dealing with cars go with a mechanic
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by Konboko: 6:53am On Nov 18, 2015
Ekleb:
. Even triple check. If possible when dealing with cars go with a mechanic

It was a Sunday morning and I was a visitor at port Harcourt
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by Konboko: 6:59pm On Nov 18, 2015
A nairalander
Re: And The Seller Vanished! by uboma(m): 7:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
rydow:

Please be wise

Keeping mute over what happened isnt the best way to go. Your silence will further embolden him to scam other naive members.

My advice: open a thread and mention his moniker.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SOLD! Navy Blue Toyota Corolla Sport 2006 New Arrival / Tokunbo Corolla04 For Sale At Cheaper Price, Very Clean Accident Free... / 2004 Model Toyota Sienna Ce Toks Selling Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.