Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,835 members, 7,831,706 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Dear NCC - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Dear NCC (550 Views)

NCC Begins Implementation Of Data Roll-over This Week / MTN Gets Two Months Extension To Pay NCC Fine / NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear NCC by soldierdollar(m): 1:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
Dear NCC, I am tired of the incessant and unsolicited phone calls I receive from network providers .
Just yesterday, as I was riding my byke, I received a phone call. I pulled over, away from traffic and with the speed of light, I brought out my phone to see who was calling.
The number I saw looked like a normal, 11 digit phone number . As I placed the phone on my ear to answer the call, a song by Don Jazzy seeped through my ear and I recoiled like a fired gun. I felt like smashing my newly acquired Android smartphone . With much effort , I subdued my anger and continued my journey.

I was with my grandmother and her phone started ringing . She said, " ah .. It must be MTN ." I urged her to check to be sure she wasn't missing an important call. She unzipped her handbag , brought out her phone . The look on her face told me everything. She shouted, " I said it! "

I plead with NCC to checkmate this illicit phone calls. It is so annoying and very unprofessional .

Cc Lalasticlala
Re: Dear NCC by lalasticlala(m): 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
When they call with normal number, I hurriedly pick, only to start hearing rubbish., ''Helo... blablabla'' It's so annoying.
Re: Dear NCC by Aminat508(f): 1:07pm On Nov 17, 2015
Mtcheewwww stupid pple
Re: Dear NCC by Whizpeter(m): 1:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
Lol....
Its because of them I stopped picking calls from unknown numbers and started using the truecaller app to clarify numbers before picking...

On a certain day, I got a call from 08090******, I quickly searched the number on truecaller and saw 'Etimumu Awon Oloshi' I nearly passed out due to laughter...

2 Likes

Re: Dear NCC by Whizpeter(m): 1:34pm On Nov 17, 2015
lalasticlala:
When they call with normal number, I hurriedly pick, only to start hearing rubbish., ''Helo... blablabla'' It's so annoying.

Boss I'm joining ya convoy, hope you take us to the promise land? cheesy
Re: Dear NCC by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
Arise O compatriots...
Re: Dear NCC by qualityovenbake(m): 3:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
Airtel and Glo take note. They do it deliberately, I have tagged those annoying numbers with silly names yet they still catch me unawares with different numbers.
Re: Dear NCC by emymeeky: 3:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
It's very annoying .
Lalasticlala do the needful
Re: Dear NCC by viclawz(m): 4:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
Network providers should take note especially 'EMPTYHEN' they are terrible...
Re: Dear NCC by Joel3(m): 5:24pm On Nov 17, 2015
very funny at poster,.

those calls is what they use to track monitor active sim card. I got dozens of unsolicited SMS per day. to the extent I don't check my phone when I got SMS notification. and I was also forced to change my WhatsApp notification tone to a separate one. as my notification use a single default tone for all alerts.
Re: Dear NCC by Mckandre(m): 5:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
lalasticlala:
talk truth for ones abeg. u dey hurry pick call. abi na that fine babe u think say na her dey call u.

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Need A Time Based Unlimited Data Subscription.. Suggestions? / Iphone 5s For Sale In Benin City / Blackberry To Stay In Pakistan After Government Withdrew Its Shutdown Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.