Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Who Wants To Be A Virgin (male&female)? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Wants To Be A Virgin (male&female)? (717 Views)

Got Married At Age 36 As A Virgin. Thank You Jesus! / Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? / Was Mary Really A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Wants To Be A Virgin (male&female)? by proudly9ja(m): 12:56pm On May 20, 2009
I will appreciate it if we can keep thie convo here as intellectual as possible and even though you may not have facts for some observations, please do not reduce yourself to insulting people. It's why I have brought it to the religion section and not romance. Ild also like to hear what your religion says about it (Christianity or Islam). Now that Ive stated that, let's move on.

So, who wants to be a virgin in this ''modern times'' and jet age? That is the question.

I have often heard and been taught that it is best to remaina virgin till the wedding night. I have heard a lot of arguements for and against this notion. Both points have their merits and demerits. I was speaking with a 20 yr old girl the other day and she opened her heart to me on what she was facing in this regard. She had made up her mind to wait till marriage but her bf was mounting pressure on her. Her friends are all into it. Therefore she had noone to talk to.
These days, even parents encourage their children especially the males to go out and 'have a taste'. Some say its good to know if you are both sexually compatible before you get married. So if you're not, you move on to the next guy?

On the spiritual side, as a christian, I know it is a sin to have sex with someone one is not married to. The bible teaches that one should not defile the marriage bed. Christ also taught against looking at a woman 'lustfully' talkless of sleeping with her. Some pastors also preach about the 'soul ties'. Any expansion on this will be good pls. What does your religion say about it?

Medically, some people have claimed that it is unhealthy not to have sex. How this works I don't know. Im only trying to state the pros and cons as heard.

If you agree with me, we are at a stage in life when finding the 'right one' has become much more difficult than it was years back when you can just go to a village and talk to the girl's family. Right now, its harder for both sexes to get married with so many barriers to cross. Thus one finds girls and guys in their late20s early 30s yet unmarried. How easy is it for such a male/female to hold up? What are the rewards for holding up? Are they greater than the satisfaction of not holding up?

Your tots pls.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Virgin (male&female)? by Luvpolis(m): 1:43pm On May 20, 2009
Am a christain
And i wil rely luv 2 get maried 2 a virgin, dow am not a virgin my self.
but if a virgin did not com my way, i wil stil luk out 4 a decent girl and settle wit.

Wel its everybodys cup of T, weda 2 b a virgin or not 2 b, one tin 4 sure, if u are a virgin b4 ur wedin 9th, gud 4 u, cos u made ur self and ur family proud, and ur husband wil respect, trust and belive in u.

D only way one can hold on,
I tink is 2 no GOD first, no d denefits 4 bein a virgin and d regrets if bein disvirgind. also 2 chuz a gud set of frnds and alwayz attend and listen 2 gud reminers.

Premarital SEX is of d devil, we al no it but cant help it.
TANKS.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Virgin (male&female)? by Tonyet1(m): 2:15pm On May 20, 2009
@ poster,

Remember, Life is in two's,

the light and the darkness

the good and the bad

the kind and the wicked

now what we all must understand is that the two kinds of people as stated above both have their beliefs and approaches ot life's issues

the Bible made us understand that

1.       1jn.2:16 - ". . .the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life are all not from God but from the world"

the world understands nothing but only that which satisfies their instant hunger and thirst of which sexual immorality is inclusive, at every point of our lives as xtians it is imperative we understand

- who we are and who they are,

-  what we stand for and what they stand for, the world are but a rebel to God's original plan for man

2     Prov. 16:25- "there is a way that seemeth right to a man but the end is destruction"

no matter how man tries to feel he knows what is good for him and not good for him, there must always something that shows that man is IMPERFECT, how do i mean: the world will advise you that sex is good for the body, yet check and research and you'll find out that over 80% of man's problem on earth was birthed by sexual immorality, check the likes of solomon, king david, and so on.

no matter how good sex and its appeal may look( premarital i mean), their is always a consequence, the bible says in proverbs that "no one can take a coal of fire to your bossom and not get burnt" . also get this, not all that glitter is gold, sex is good but good when done at the right time (marriage)

3.    Prov.14:9 -" fools mock at sin"

this is exactly what we xtians see and face in the world today, you see people who commits immorality, instead of being remorsed and ashamed for their shameful act, they rather turn around and mock the few who chose to do it right, well i'll only advise us as xtians to be bold in the face of reproach, Jesus said "blessed are ye when men mock you and say all manner of evil about you for my name sake (goodness sake)"

4.   Psalms. 1:1 - "blessed is the man who walks not the the counsel of the ungodly. . ."

the friends you follow will either make or mar you, there cant be any way you follow the good peers and they mock at you, then they are certainly not the right peers, even though they seem good, just watch out, for bible says "some will come as wolves in sheep clothing"

i can go on and on, to explain further, but i choose to stop here, let the Holy spirit in us convict our hearts of sin, and teach us the way of the Son(Jesus Christ) that pleases the Father (God)

God bless you
Re: Who Wants To Be A Virgin (male&female)? by Tudor3(m): 2:34pm On May 20, 2009
Sex is a good thing and it's part of life.no god should tell you how,when and how not to have sex.if you're to go by the techings of religion,god has never had sex.so why will he understand what you're going through. . .
Sex before marriage is best.in a survey conducted in the united states,80 percent of divorced couples married 4rm 1month to 5years mentioned dissatisfaction as a reason. Believe me,sexual compatibility is real,i've experienced it myself.if god is so powerful,why didn't he make everyone the same and compatible.
Its better to have sex now and know how far than waiting for the wedding night.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Virgin (male&female)? by segyemaro(m): 3:16pm On May 20, 2009
Ha ha ha ha ha una go kill me for dis room ooo
Re: Who Wants To Be A Virgin (male&female)? by duduspace(m): 1:38am On May 21, 2009
My thots:

1. You have no right to demand from others what you don't have or are not prepared to give, (if yu are not a virgin, you have no right demanding a virgin as partner)

2. Timing of first sexual encounter is personal to each individual but people should be aware of timing and societal issues.

3. Keeping your virginity is not always a choice (Rapists and paedophiles abound in an increasingly crooked world)

4. Even if you wait till marriage, divorce is still a clear and present danger, cos you can only speak for yourself

5. As to the issue of respect in marriage, you only need to fear if you were hoodwinking the guy all along, if the guy knew from the onset that yu were not a virgin then he better keep his trap shut.

6. There are pros and cons to each position, at the end of the day it is left to the individual to take a decision (where he is allowed to ), advise their offsprings accordingly and be committed to live by their decisions in perpetuity while standing by it up to the point it is conclusively proven to be wrong.

(1) (Reply)

My Past Is Hunting Me / The Two Most Essential Things In Life / Thread Locked By Manmustwac, Some Moderators Are Anti~christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.