Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

The Longest 20 Minutes Of My Life. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Longest 20 Minutes Of My Life. (1048 Views)

Five Minutes Of Madness- Lifetime Of Regrets! / Giving Your Wife 5 Minutes Of Happiness Everyday - Can You Pay The Price? / Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Longest 20 Minutes Of My Life. by naijamomdiary(f): 8:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
Since about Monday this week I've been a little bit down, I had this constant sick feeling in my tommy, general body weakness and on and off fever.
I tried to wave it aside saying it is because of change in activities, I'm no longer as active as before. I took PCM for a couple of days and felt just slightly better.

I decided I go in for a proper test yesterday been Thursday. When I got to the hospital just few minutes past 8am, at the packing lot I couldn't help the urge to throw up the contents in my tommy....in a split second I vomited on the floor at the parking lot. Patients and passersby were heard saying, "sorry madam ",
 "call the nurses quickly ", 
one now said, "congratulations madam, na so boy pikin dey do for belle".
What?! Could I be preggers? 
I never even thought towards that direction for once all long.
All this while I was sited on ‎a bench meant for the security men, I was waiting for the potters to come clean the mess so I can tip them a little. I quickly stood up and walked briskly towards the hospital reception, I kept doubting in my mind, its not pregnancy, God turn every positivity into negativity. I turn prayer warrior under 1minute.

"Madam? May we have your small card?, that was the receptionist that spoke to me‎. I fumbled in my bag trying to get the small card and still firing my prayer of negativity silently. I handed him the card and he asked me to enter the first door by left down the hall. I found the door which was slightly open, I walked in and saw the Dr who greeted me first and asked me to sit down. 

He glanced at his computer screen and read out my name. What is your problem? The Dr asked. I narrated all the symptoms to him and the latest package I dropped at the parking lot.  He pulled out a test form and asked me to run pregnancy ‎ test. I thanked him and headed towards the lab.

At that point I started thinking of all my sins with DH, those kinky nights with sexy lingeries and scented candle‎s or is it those early morning quickies? Chai! It all became worthless to me at that moment faced with all symptoms pointing towards pregancy. 

My blood sample was taken at the lab and asked to wait 20minutes, I felt like I was told to wait 20years. ‎I tried to take my mind off it but I kept thinking if it turns out positive, what next? I swore on that spot to get a proper family planning as I wasnt on any.

20minutes elapsed and no word from them at the lab, I decided to remind them I was still around. They asked me to wait another 10mins....i sat down and continued waiting for the life changing results. 

Finally, I was told to meet the Dr as my results were sent to him. I was taking two steps at a time, no time to waste abeg. The Dr asked me to sit down let him tell me the results of the tests I just ran.

To be continued......‎
Click below for the rest of the story.

http://diaryofanaijamom..com.ng/2015/11/the-longest-20minutes-of-my-life-2.html?m=1
Re: The Longest 20 Minutes Of My Life. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2015
Creative...let me guess the end...

The test was contrary to your thoughts....

You were hiv positive....the guy give u aid.

1 Like

Re: The Longest 20 Minutes Of My Life. by utenwuson: 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
no need 2 click! u don carry belle! u go born boy!

2 Likes

Re: The Longest 20 Minutes Of My Life. by ITbomb(m): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
utenwuson:
no need 2 click! u don carry belle! u go born boy!
Na lie na girl
Re: The Longest 20 Minutes Of My Life. by Friedthunder(m): 9:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
Okokobioko shocked
Re: The Longest 20 Minutes Of My Life. by bytemeister(m): 11:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
Rest of the story..... . As the Dr was about to tell me my results a Nurse walked in rudely and alerted the Dr a patient in the recovery room was in severe pains, he should come and see for himself. He quickly took to his heels and left me alone in his office, I was a bit angry the nurse rudely cut into my consultation period then again I had to understand he needed to save a life. I pulled out my phone from my bag and called DH, I didn't have to go through the trauma alone, he was a party in the fun moments and has to know what's the latest. I told him I might be pregnant, he just kept repeating, "wow" till I told him later as the Dr just stepped in again. He didn't wait to even sit down properly, he said, as you know its a tradition in this clinic to run HIV tests on all patients once your blood sample is taken, my heart skipped more bits again as I answered, "yes". "The result is negative "! "However, you have malaria 2+ and you are not pregnant", that was the Dr's final results he read out to me. I just gave a sigh of relief and thanked my God. I further asked him for safe family planning methods asides popping pills everyday and if I can go on it right immediately. He suggested a whole lot of family planning methods and I finally settled for the shots which should be renewed every 3months. God help it doesnt fail me.

(1) (Reply)

Cute Picture Of A Nigerian Married To A Zimbabwean (photo). / Most Mothers Are Guilty Of This. / Husband Freaks Out As Soon As He Walks In The Room To Find This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.