Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,085 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 (1174 Views)

HONDA ACCORD 03-07 Ruptured Heater Core. / Accord 03 Idle Body / Nissan Primera P11-144 Pinging Sound With Power Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 by apexquest(m): 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2015
my senior bros wants to buy a car. it will be his first car. he is torn between Honda accord 2003 or Nissan Primera 2003. Both Auto... I think the primera is a cvt auto... he says he is in love with both cars but is confuse on which one to get. I gave him my suggestion but he wants professional advice as regards maintenance, cost of repairs, reliability, durability and reasonable rest of mind. pls give your sincere suggestion to us. please.

cc; kingreign , ikenna351 , gazzuzz , kashif , abatically , honmusa , princeogbeide1 et al ....
Re: Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 by akinszz: 3:42pm On Nov 18, 2015
Keke napep is far better than the two. Just joking.....
Re: Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 by abatically(m): 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
I'll choose the accord. Reason? Personal preference. I don't know much about primera, but I prefer interior set up of the accord especially the ex or v6. Oh and the v6 is incredibly fast too.the primera is a toned down version of Infiniti g20 sold in north america.
Re: Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 by apexquest(m): 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2015
abatically:
I'll choose the accord. Reason? Personal preference. I don't know much about primera, but I prefer interior set up of the accord especially the ex or v6. Oh and the v6 is incredibly fast too.the primera is a toned down version of Infiniti g20 sold in north america.
sir, what about the constantly reported issue about the accord auto transmission
Re: Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 by abatically(m): 4:27pm On Nov 18, 2015
apexquest:

sir, what about the constantly reported issue about the accord auto transmission

Not denying Honda transmission is fragile. But u have better chance of making ur transmission last longer by using recommended atf. Most people that drive Honda in naija use cheap atf which damage their transmission

Moreover the primera comes with CVT which is even more fragile. If ubxan manage a CVT, then no problem managing a Honda tranny.
Re: Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 by apexquest(m): 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2015
More suggestions pls....
Re: Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 by salvo583: 9:41pm On Nov 18, 2015
The accord because of more horsepower and size. The cvt's has reliability issues according to what i read online. I use a cvt too but its not bad the way people project it. Mind you The cvt cannot be rebuilt like the traditional auto.
Re: Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 by princeogbeide1(m): 9:44pm On Nov 18, 2015
apexquest:
More suggestions pls....

premera 03 and Accord 03 are cars of prestige.

The premera 03 is a unique model of the Nissan premera(s). But it is not as rugged as premera 1996 models. It comes in sedan, hatch back and wagon, with classic designs. It is fuel economical and it's twin cam engine has a more intelligent transmission than the Old premera with 1.8 and 2.0 engine. The maintenance of premera 03 is average and it also has a good second-hand value.

Honda Accord 03 titled "End of discussion" is more luxury than the premera 03. They come in the V4 and V6 integrated Valve tech(IV-tech), while very few comes wit the Variable tech (V-tech). Both engines are not dat fuel economical compared to premera. Accord 03-05 consumes more fuel than the older models of accord coz of the built of their engines though they are fast sedans. The maintenance of Accord 03 is a little bit expensive and it dosent has good second hand value.
Re: Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:20pm On Nov 18, 2015
Get the accord.

Sorry can't explain why.
Re: Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 by plendil: 7:19am On Nov 19, 2015
If it were a manual, I would have recommended the primera. I drive one myslef, and can attest to its ruggedness. however becuae of the auto -ish, avoid.

Go for accord.
Re: Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 by kingreign(m): 7:49am On Nov 19, 2015
Honda Accord.
Re: Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 by kingreign(m): 7:50am On Nov 19, 2015
Honda Accord.
Re: Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 by apexquest(m): 10:54am On Nov 19, 2015
plendil:
If it were a manual, I would have recommended the primera. I drive one myslef, and can attest to its ruggedness. however becuae of the auto -ish, avoid.

Go for accord.
Sincerely, we got talking about the alternative of getting manual transmission of either... Considering that both of them have very fragile auto trans...
Sir, are u suggesting that the manual Primera is more rugged than the manual accord
Re: Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 by apexquest(m): 11:00am On Nov 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Get the accord.

Sorry can't explain why.
Haba! Bros, we for appreciate that your ' why'. Nevertheless , if they were both manual would your choice change??
Re: Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 19, 2015
I find laughable the arguments advanced one way or the other for the two car makes, not least the distinction between a manual and auto/CVT Primera! OP, go for the better maintained car of the two options you have, and learn to understand its peculiarities.
Re: Pls Help ; We Are Turn Btw Accord 03 N Primera 03 by apexquest(m): 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
Costee:
I find laughable the arguments advanced one way or the other for the two car makes, not least the distinction between a manual and auto/CVT Primera! OP, go for the better maintained car of the two options you have, and learn to understand its peculiarities.
Appreciated....

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Car Slips Out Of Gear On Low Speed Pls Help / Ford Escape / How To Test Your Ball Joints To Prevent Wheel Pull Out On Honda's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.