Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,786 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Is There Really A God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Really A God? (2393 Views)

Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) / Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? / Is There Really Life After Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Really A God? by malvisguy212: 8:55am On Nov 19, 2015
Kay17:
Is God the immediate cause of the Universe? And can that be proven?

If sin is a character flaw which was unintended, can it be said to be a conscious exercise of free will?
God is the cause of the universe because Everything that exists has an
explanation of its existence,either in the necessity of its own nature or in an external cause. The ONLY explanation the universe has for it existence is God.

The only thing necessary for free will is the possibility to have the will to sin, not the possibility of being able to sin . Freewill is not a license to sin.
Re: Is There Really A God? by johnydon22(m): 9:04am On Nov 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
explanation of its existence,either in the necessity of its own nature or in an external cause. The ONLY explanation the universe has for it existence is God.
Sir this is not only a huge lie but a cheap one at that.. Such explanations is a religious postulation (belief) which you should have mentioned it to be.

Last i checked there is no scientific theory that asserts a humanoid speaking the universe into existence.

There are many scientific theoretical postulations on universal causality under going scientific enquiry, "God did it" is not one of them.

Gravitational singularity
Quantum fluctuation
Energy as an infinite value
Parallel or multi-verse..

Please sir when you want to make a statement, put that statement in the category it falls under because "God did it" is not even in scientific agenda but just a religious postulation (Belief)

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There Really A God? by Kay17: 9:11am On Nov 19, 2015
malvisguy212:

The only thing necessary for free will is the possibility to have the will to sin, not the possibility of being able to sin . Freewill is not a license to sin.

So a car which needs an external cause must be have as an immediate cause God?

Is sin a character flaw?
Re: Is There Really A God? by malvisguy212: 9:17am On Nov 19, 2015
johnydon22:
Sir this is not only a huge lie but a cheap one at that.. Such explanations is a religious postulation (belief) which you should have mentioned it to be.

Last i checked there is no scientific theory that asserts a humanoid speaking the universe into existence.

There are many scientific theoretical postulations on universal causality under going scientific enquiry, "God did it" is not one of them.

Gravitational singularity
Quantum fluctuation
Energy as an infinite value
Parallel or multi-verse..

Please sir when you want to make a statement, put that statement in the category it falls under because "God did it" is not even in scientific agenda but just a religious postulation (Belief)
do atheists believe in First cause we called God ? NO. The atheists explanation of the universe is even embarrassing (one LUKY bounce)

There are two kinds of things: things which exist necessarily and things which are produced by some external cause.
Re: Is There Really A God? by johnydon22(m): 9:26am On Nov 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
do atheists believe in First cause we called God ? NO. The atheists explanation of the universe is even embarrassing (one LUKY bounce)

Your first cause is a humanoid that doesn't have a cause itself, existed forever and then got bored and spoke everything into existence in 6 days, has a son and is begging for worship and acknowledgement....

Created earth before the sun and day and night before the sun.. You guys don't really check what you believe..

I wonder which one is atheistic universal explanation because last i checked there is nothing that serves as an atheistic explanation of anything most just subscribes to scientific explanations .. I wouldn't be surprised if you call scientific explanations atheist explanations having known you well..

There are two kinds of things: things which exist necessarily and things which are produced by some external cause.

And this external cause has no other cause? Wow am really wowed.. You don't pull out unrelated causation where you lack explanation because such assumptions doesn't answer the question.

Multi-verse is a hypothetical postulation as such it also becomes a subject of enquiry in a wider scale if proven.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Really A God? by malvisguy212: 9:36am On Nov 19, 2015
Kay17:

Is sin a character flaw?
everything that exists can be explained in one of these two ways. Imagine that you’re hiking through the woods and
come across a ball lying on the forest floor. You’d naturally wonder how it came to be there. If one of your hiking partners said to you, “Don’t worry about it! There isn’t any explanation of its
existence!”, you’d either think he was
crazy or figure that he just wanted you to keep moving. Likewise the car did not just began to exist on his own.

Every man has the nature to sin, read the apostle Paul book of Romans 7.
Re: Is There Really A God? by malvisguy212: 9:48am On Nov 19, 2015
johnydon22:

Your first cause is a humanoid that doesn't have a cause itself, existed forever and then got bored and spoke everything into existence in 6 days, has a son and is begging for worship and acknowledgement....

Created earth before the sun and day and night before the sun.. You guys don't really check what you believe..

I wonder which one is atheistic universal explanation because last i checked there is nothing that serves as an atheistic explanation of anything most just subscribes to scientific explanations .. I wouldn't be surprised if you call scientific explanations atheist explanations having known you well..

And this external cause has no other cause? Wow am really wowed.. You don't pull out unrelated causation where you lack explanation because such assumptions doesn't answer the question.

Multi-verse is a hypothetical postulation as such it also becomes a subject of enquiry in a wider scale if proven.
God is the external cause, the first cause. God is a spirit, God is not bound by law of nature or cause.

1 Like

Re: Is There Really A God? by Judas2013: 10:11am On Nov 19, 2015
Gayjesus:
I know some people may throw out their toys on this issue but I am firmly in the " there is no God " camp

1 Like

Re: Is There Really A God? by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 19, 2015
johnydon22:
Last i checked nobody ever asserted anybody got here by mistake, natural interactions are no mistake but a reacting action of interacting values..

This is a contradiction... If God is unknowable, there is no way you can ever know there is any... So same thing you asserted is unknowable is the same thing you assert to know... Quite funny..

Life as we know it is as a result biological metabolisms in us as biological organisms. . . So i take it you mean LIFE which is a result of biological metabolism is God?

So ur a biological organism that came out of nowhere
Re: Is There Really A God? by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 19, 2015
johnydon22:

This so called proof is so laughable... Read it again bro..
To those people who would see from my point of view, its a question to ponder about, could as well be hilarious from your point of view.
Re: Is There Really A God? by johnydon22(m): 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
chuna1985:

So ur a biological organism that came out of nowhere

Two Cells met and formed a zygote.. Replicated and grew like most biological cells does.. You call that no where Biological organisms are products of nature and everything is nature now remind me what NO where is here?

Try again..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Really A God? by johnydon22(m): 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
aaronson:
To those people who would see from my point of view, its a question to ponder about, could as well be hilarious from your point of view.

The point is that you mentioned your proof, how come a question becomes proof of such assertion..?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Really A God? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
johnydon22:

Two Cells met and formed a zygote.. Replicated and grew like most biological cells does.. You call that no where Biological organisms are products of nature and everything is nature now remind me what NO where is here?

Try again..

And that natural process came out of nowhere.
Re: Is There Really A God? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
johnydon22:

The point is that you mentioned your proof, how come a question becomes proof of such assertion..?
Now you asking relevant question which you ought to ask initially before jumping into earlier conclusion, The question I put out was a question for reflection, a question which you ponder about to seek answer(s), sort of a mind boggling question to make you think now when you done with the thinking, answer might be indecisive but me making you think on that question is my proof for what I believe,like I said earlier, it might be hilarious to you, but to another its helpful question to make them think.

So its rather baseless when you jump on everybody's mention trying to act like almighty google both with theists and Atheists because sometimes I pull your card and conclude your opinions on religion has no blueprint or even template.
Re: Is There Really A God? by johnydon22(m): 6:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
chuna1985:

And that natural process came out of nowhere.

You can now imagine it... Since you think nature must come from somewhere..

where?

And from where did that "where" came from too? and so it spans to an infinite regress of "where's"

Natural process is nature itself and nature itself is interwoven in infinite values of universal Cause and effect...
Re: Is There Really A God? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
johnydon22:

You can now imagine it... Since you think nature must come from somewhere..

where?

And from where did that "where" came from too? and so it spans to an infinite regress of "where's"

Natural process is nature itself and nature itself is interwoven in infinite values of universal Cause and effect...

""Natural process is nature itself and nature itself is interwoven in infinite values of universal Cause and effect"""

And all what u stated as I quoted came from where
Re: Is There Really A God? by UyiIredia(m): 7:28am On Nov 21, 2015
Kay17:

Is sin a character flaw?

Another dust for the serpent. And I don't give 3 flying bleeps.
Re: Is There Really A God? by CoolUsername: 10:38am On Nov 21, 2015
chuna1985:

""Natural process is nature itself and nature itself is interwoven in infinite values of universal Cause and effect"""

And all what u stated as I quoted came from where
The 'laws of nature' are a combination of laws of physics and laws of chemistry in our world.
Re: Is There Really A God? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 21, 2015
CoolUsername:
The 'laws of nature' are a combination of laws of physics and laws of chemistry in our world.

Lol. Those events that was studied to create those laws came from nowhere abi
Re: Is There Really A God? by CoolUsername: 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
chuna1985:

Lol. Those events that was studied to create those laws came from nowhere abi
They come from the interaction of particles.
Re: Is There Really A God? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2015
CoolUsername:
They come from the interaction of particles.

Particles that came out of where... grin grin grin
Re: Is There Really A God? by CoolUsername: 2:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
chuna1985:

Particles that came out of where... grin grin grin
From energy which cannot be created or destroyed. I guess this is where you'll say 'God did it!' But I'll remind you that is what people said before we found out about our galaxy, other galaxies, and the big bang. We have evidence of these things, you should study these things. I studied the bible enough to become an atheist, so you should try to study.
Re: Is There Really A God? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 21, 2015
CoolUsername:
From energy which cannot be created or destroyed. I guess this is where you'll say 'God did it!' But I'll remind you that is what people said before we found out about our galaxy, other galaxies, and the big bang. We have evidence of these things, you should study these things. I studied the bible enough to become an atheist, so you should try to study.

So where does the energies come from

Hian, who told u that am a Christian...
Re: Is There Really A God? by Kay17: 11:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
But isn't the only criterion to be an atheist, not to believe in the existence of any Gods? Which will include a rejection of cosmologies in support of Gods also?

The validity of Christian cosmology is not dependent on the validity of an atheist attempt at cosmology.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Really A God? by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 22, 2015
Speechless3:
If you really want to know, kill yourself cool
Suicide proves God? Wow, so intelligent.
Re: Is There Really A God? by UyiIredia(m): 1:46am On Nov 22, 2015
johnydon22:
Last i checked nobody ever asserted anybody got here by mistake, natural interactions are no mistake but a reacting action of interacting values..

This is a contradiction... If God is unknowable, there is no way you can ever know there is any... So same thing you asserted is unknowable is the same thing you assert to know... Quite funny..

Life as we know it is as a result biological metabolisms in us as biological organisms. . . So i take it you mean LIFE which is a result of biological metabolism is God?

ABBADON !
Re: Is There Really A God? by MrOlay(m): 2:10am On Nov 22, 2015
God is a figment of human imagination. embarassed
Re: Is There Really A God? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Suicide proves God? Wow, so intelligent.
Thanks kiss
Re: Is There Really A God? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 22, 2015
Speechless3:
Thanks kiss
angry

grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

22 Reasons All Scholars Agree Jesus Is Not A Copy Of Pagans Gods / A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch / Lovely Pictures From Pastor Ashimolowo Son's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.