Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch (2398 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa / Is Pastor Shalom K.akinbo The Youngest And Richest Preacher In Nigeria? / Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch by ojdollars(m): 7:25am On Feb 28, 2012
Imagine this - Amazing ever. A two and half year old Kid Sharing God's Word with the Congregation at Randburg Church in South Africa. No better way to raise your kids than this. Watch this video and say thank you Jesus: http://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=NncRTP5eD1Q&feature=rel​ated

Godbless you all.
Re: A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch by emofine2(f): 7:46am On Feb 28, 2012
She is mimicking what she has been nurtured in and some people find this display of indoctrination endearing?
It’s merely a gimmick used to impress but it’s really obvious she doesn't know the purpose behind what she's doing. I'd be more interested in seeing this little "preacher" when she has matured and left her parent's household.

Watching that video actually made me sad. It's not cute it's cringeworthy.
Re: A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch by ojdollars(m): 2:02am On Feb 29, 2012
This child would continue this way she has started, I am impressed to see a child at such age, be able to recit the word like that. I watch a Little boy live on Emmanuel TV like this some months ago.
Re: A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch by emofine2(f): 8:55am On Feb 29, 2012
I am impressed to see a child at such age, be able to recit the word like that. I watch a Little boy live on Emmanuel TV like this some months ago.

Repeating “glory" is not exactly what I would call being “able to recite the word”. If anything she is patterning her behaviour on preachers not the bible aka “the word” thus she is merely acting. Does she even understand what she is doing other than being given the limelight that she utilizes so well in order to be applauded?
Does she know the purpose of why she is in church? Does she understand what she is doing and reiterating?
She is most likely doing it to please people not God.

I would be impressed if she made up her mind at that tender age to become a Christian independent of any instruction which I highly doubt. How does a 2 year old come to conclude that Jesus is the way the truth and the light without it being hammered into their sub-conscious?
Is she in danger of going to hell if she at the age of 2 got bored of playing “pastor”?

Once upon a time I was that little girl. I could mimic the pastor, even knew how to "recite the word" at a young age but certainly it wasn’t “impressive” as indoctrination never is.

This child would continue this way she has started

Well that remains to be seen.
Re: A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch by mabell: 9:26am On Feb 29, 2012
Is it not better to mimic glory than "shakira' or 'minaj's song?
Re: A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch by emofine2(f): 10:24am On Feb 29, 2012
mabell:

Is it not better to mimic glory than "shakira' or 'minaj's song?

Mimicking Minaj or whoever is not something I would personally encourage however my worry is that some young children have their so called faith decided for them – which shouldn’t be so. Some of them like the young “pastor” in the video start of by acting and depending on the type of relatives one has they will continue in that pretence or fake-acting until the character eclipses the actor. Isn’t this suppression?

If she was brought up in a Muslim household she may be doing just the same – and to the same people fawning over this display. . .would you still declare such exhibition as “impressive”?

Faith should not be involuntary.
Re: A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 29, 2012
@mabell

its the same situation.
Re: A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch by Image123(m): 11:28pm On Feb 29, 2012
Train up a child in the way he should go. Yes. A pikin should be trained up, guided and guarded in the right way. She should not just be left to herself, deciding to eat sand today, swallow cotton-wool tomorrow and inhale eraser next tomorrow. Eternal life is much more important, and a child should be shown the way, nay, led in the way.
Re: A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch by emofine2(f): 2:46am On Mar 01, 2012
If the child got bored of play-acting as a “pastor” I doubt those activities you listed up there are her remaining options in life but it’s revealing that you listed those activities to convey the carelessness of a child. Your assertion that a child should be “trained” in a faith (not of their own choosing) is dampened as you have quite aptly illustrated the care-free nature of children. Religion comes with responsibilities thus in such matters the individual should be entirely responsible for themselves. It should not be a parental right to decide what religion the child should adhere to (plus that just defeats the principles of “faith” anyway). At best, parents can be good examples of their faith. Conditioning could lead to consequences in the long run thus such “training” is actually a disservice.
Re: A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch by mkmyers45(m): 12:03pm On Mar 01, 2012
Image123:

Train up a child in the way he should go. Yes. A pikin should be trained up, guided and guarded in the right way. She should not just be left to herself, deciding to eat sand today, swallow cotton-wool tomorrow and inhale eraser next tomorrow. Eternal life is much more important, and a child should be shown the way, nay, led in the way.

WTF? Brain-washing a two year old into reciting scripture will lead to eternal life shocked shocked shocked

So if she doesn't she will go to hell undecided
Re: A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch by plappville(f): 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2012
Image123:

agreed, but the ideal of making a kid to preach or putting words to say in thier mouth while he/she has no ideal of what it means, is disrespectful.

James 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

1 Corinthians 2:13

And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

@Ojdollars how are you?
Re: A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch by Ptolomeus(m): 7:17pm On Mar 01, 2012
When this child has consciousness of how her parents used to it, and how your brain washed with religious themes, not only what their parents recriminate, but I doubt very much that a church again.

I think it's a shame that girl that lives, but I think much worse is the attitude of their parents allow it.
Re: A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch by Nobody: 6:04am On Mar 02, 2012
hw cn u guys say crap.its nt indoctrinatn,ha parents hv d ryt to teach ha wat is ryt,y dnt u 2l learnin or going 2 sch
indctrnatn syns u startd eary or were 4cd 2 wen yung.it is God word in a chld dat is,if she was singn beyonce on stage,she wuld b kald a rare talent ,no b so.abeg.d grl is blessd,hw many culd talk wel at 2.she is nt sayn wat she doesnt knw.am sure if u ask ha,who is Jesus? she wuld ans u ,at 2 u could barely talk,weda u lyk it or nt God put hs word in her 2 shw dat he doesnt nid adults 2 do hs work.wivout us d kndm wl prevail.it wuld tk d whole of hel 2 mk ha change if she cntnues thus.afta al Jesus told al of us 2 preach,nt jus pastorz.
out of d mouth of babes nd sucklngs he has found perfct praise.
plappville:

agreed, but the ideal of making a kid to preach or putting words to say in thier mouth while he/she has no ideal of what it means, is disrespectful.

James 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

1 Corinthians 2:13

And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

@Ojdollars how are you?
mkmyers45:

WTF? Brain-washing a two year old into reciting scripture will lead to eternal life shocked shocked shocked

So if she doesn't she will go to hell undecided
ojdollars:

This child would continue this way she has started, I am impressed to see a child at such age, be able to recit the word like that. I watch a Little boy live on Emmanuel TV like this some months ago.
Re: A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch by LogicMind: 6:52am On Mar 02, 2012
child abuse
Re: A Two (2) Year Old African Girl Preacher In South Africa - A Must Watch by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 02, 2012
Yeah.my lil 2-yr old nephew preaches too,pacing d floor n using a torch 4 a mic.tho,all he says is gibberish som xtian zealots might wana label it as glossolalia.

(1) (Reply)

pastor Vs Native Doctor in Ghana / Annual God Of Breakthroughs Convention 2015. / (shocking Video) Muslims Girls Twerking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.