Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

My Go-to Breakfast | Editorial - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Go-to Breakfast | Editorial (708 Views)

How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea / New Chivita 100% Limited Edition Packs Bring Football Stars To Breakfast / 13 Pictures That Basically Define Breakfast In A Nigerian Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Go-to Breakfast | Editorial by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
Except for Sundays when I eat rice and fish-stew in the morning (and throughout the entire day) my favourite/go-to breakfast definitely has to be Pap and Akara.

1 Like

Re: My Go-to Breakfast | Editorial by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 7:23pm On Nov 18, 2015
In the morning, I would go to the 'Hausa woman' or 'akara lady'(as I personally call her) just down the street to get my daily "portion" of these tasty bean balls. On my work-days when I leave the house early to make it to the gym by 6:30am, I would make a stop at her joint on my way back just in time for the first batch. I sometimes call home to see if anyone else is on board with me for breakfast, that's when I buy up to that of two hundred naira, if not, I only buy not more that of fifty naira- that's five pieces (which comes with a free one extra!) I also purchase akamu (made of fermented guinea-corn and ginger spice) which sells for twenty naira per wrap. Ninety percent of the times I've made pap, it ended up having lumps!
Akara is quite the greasy food so I usually eat it with bread, i wrap the akara in bread and away and just have a burger moment.

1 Like

Re: My Go-to Breakfast | Editorial by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 7:24pm On Nov 18, 2015
This dish is my go-to breakfast because it's very affordable and takes virtually no time to prepare.

Also, pap is a good source of energy and gets me in the mood to continue with my day but often, people say they feel sleepy after consuming pap and just want to go back to bed. What do you think about that and what's your go-to breakfast?

Source: www.justiceokwudike.com
Re: My Go-to Breakfast | Editorial by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 7:24pm On Nov 18, 2015
This dish is my go-to breakfast because it's very affordable and takes virtually no time to prepare.

Also, pap is a good source of energy and gets me in the mood to continue with my day but often, people say they feel sleepy after consuming pap and just want to go back to bed. What do you think about that and what's your go-to breakfast?
Re: My Go-to Breakfast | Editorial by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 7:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
Re: My Go-to Breakfast | Editorial by Pavore9: 12:37am On Nov 19, 2015
When l do have the time, l will package and snap my N100 'ajebutter' breakfast! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Pepper Soup Will Make You Live Longer, Scientists Say / Biko How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area? / 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.