Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,788 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:21 AM

Is It A Sin Against God To Lie In Front Of Armed Robbers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin Against God To Lie In Front Of Armed Robbers? (397 Views)

What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? / Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol / Apostle Suleman Vs Stephanie Otobo: When You Lie Against God's Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Sin Against God To Lie In Front Of Armed Robbers? by IamGabby: 3:22am On Nov 19, 2015
Hi house,could not sleep and I was in thought when a question came across my mind,just need answers please.

Is it a sin against God when you lie to defend yourself against armed robbers?,.E.g one is attacked at home and told to forward your phone and you lie that it was actually snached from you a day or few hours ago.
Re: Is It A Sin Against God To Lie In Front Of Armed Robbers? by Paulpaulpaul(m): 4:57am On Nov 19, 2015
That isn't a lie but wisdom, Abraham, Isaac, even Paul did that in the Bible to save their skin and lives.

Abraham- Sarah is my sister.

Isaac- Rachel is my sister

Paul- Among the Jew, he said: I'm a Jewish, amongst the Romans he claimed being a Roman.

Desperate issues demand desperate decisions

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin Against God To Lie In Front Of Armed Robbers? by Gluthatione: 5:23am On Nov 19, 2015
I can't actually say that is lie or not but I know these are things u can say or do in life challenging situations.
For d poster above me, Abraham and Isaac actually lied because d fear of unknown but Apostle Paul did not lie he has a dual citizen, he was born in Tarsus a city under Roman empire, even then d Jews were under Roman empire.

(1) (Reply)

A Point Of Correction To Note / A MUST Have Christian App For True Belivers / Just Type Amen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.