Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, (387 Views)

My Plight With A Recruiting Firm / Plight Of Street Sweepers In Abuja / The Plight Of Nigeria Workers And The NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by quincybee12(f): 3:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
I was happy when I read an article 'plight of intern pharmacists' on swank channel,,,and the person presented 2 case studies @dala orthopaedic hospital,kano and national assembly clinic,abuja. At least someone was able to voice out the pains of health interns across the country. It is important to note that this sad plight concerns all fresh graduates of health professions eg pharmacists,doctors,lab scientists,radiographers etc I'm currently on an internship programme @nafdac,lagos and I'm being owed 5months salary out of my 7month stay, it is very depressing and frustrating as we pay for accomodation,food,transport and other welfare by ourselves. Where do we get the funds to handle this expenses? Our administrators keep giving us excuses such as TSA policy and other gibberish lies whenever we bring up a complaint. Some people even travel to abuja before they get paid, the staffs are being paid when due,,therefore it's questionable why interns who do the bulk work in these institutions ignored. It all boils down to corruption within or outside the institution, ill stop so far,,but I'm calling on health bodies of respective professions,ministry of health and Nigerian government to tackle this menace as soon as possible,,,my 2 cents,,,cc:lalasticlala
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by quincybee12(f): 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
Front page pls,,lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Oracle Training | Sannihitha Technologies / School In Benin / Digital Marketing Graduate Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.