Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,240 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Re-branding Nigeria Website - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Re-branding Nigeria Website (8884 Views)

Tech Giant Google Re-branding As ALPHABET / Supreme Court Of Nigeria Website Hacked!!! / Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by ddonobi(m): 8:10am On May 26, 2009
Neptune was refering to the old site cos the corrections he was making was in the old site like the projects update, tourism in imo etc
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by yawatide(f): 11:46am On May 26, 2009
I have noticed a few things like taking out the generator from the gallery. At the very least, please consider:

1) Making your logo clickable to the home page

2) Removing those generic (like in the chat section) icons. Go to getty images for photos of real people if you can't find any of your fellow state's men/women worthy enough to adorn the site.

Once again, I appreciate your maturity in the matter. I probably went overboard for which I apologize. Sometimes, my passion overrides my reason I guess. As mentioned earlier, the invitation to help is still open.

How did the governor take the site? Who is in charge of updating the site? How many stakeholders are there for the site? Questions, questions. Answers, answers.

Thanks and good luck!
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by AjaraEwuro: 12:16pm On May 26, 2009
half baked developers - when you see real developers, you will keep quiet, not all these nonsence talk you make on the pages of the web, stupid. The brilliant people dont make a noise, have you seen any brilliant person coming public to make a noise as to what he or she can do? No. their work speaks for them.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by bug24(m): 4:16pm On May 26, 2009
@ AjaraEwuro

just felt the need to post something huh? well i take it that u aint a professional (or half baked like u said) cos u already are cosing something that will bring about noise.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by SamMilla1(m): 9:05pm On May 26, 2009
Bug, u dont have to respond to such things
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by seriousman: 1:15am On May 27, 2009
A beg, I think we should end this braaaaaaaaaaa now. The person wey design the site that cause trouble don take im millionaire from the Government and dey enjoy now, may be on the verge of getting another job. Whether the site is good or bad. That is the problem of the person that awarded the contract as long as they are not complaining. Abi!!!!!!

Mi ti onu. Or una , how una dey say the language?
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by Nobody: 1:54am On May 27, 2009
bug24:

@ AjaraEwuro

just felt the need to post something huh?

lol
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by Kobojunkie: 2:35am On May 27, 2009
@remoranger, that you felt to add BIBLE quote to somehow help you continue in mediocrity, shows much of the type of designer you likely are. Are you kidding me? Instead of taking it as a challenge to do better, you seriously offer up that lame excuse for your designs? Ugh!!!

@ddonobi, I am sorry dude, all that green almost threw me into an epileptic episode, I could not properly review your site as a result. I mean no one dey here to call the ambulance when I get seizure from all that green. lol
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by bug24(m): 1:07pm On May 27, 2009
@Kobojunkie

lets do it this way. To secure your life, just make sure u hit my number right before you faint or go into Seizure, lol, i will arrange for an ambulance.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by coolnature: 9:43am On May 29, 2009
in my own opinion without condemning anyone, d site is not worth it. (aduru nigeria agbaya @ 49 years)
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by cmon(m): 12:55pm On May 29, 2009
@coolnature,

I hope you referring to the Rebranding Nigeria site. If so, you can say that again

If not, I hope it's not what I'm thinking,
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On May 29, 2009
bug24:

@Kobojunkie

lets do it this way. To secure your life, just make sure u hit my number right before you faint or go into Seizure, lol, i will arrange for an ambulance.

In essence, you are saying I should trust you with my life?? na so dem dey take look for juju sacrifice so?? ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by bug24(m): 6:18pm On May 29, 2009
juju wetin?
if i need to make any juju, i dont need any other sacrificial material than the Nigeria Rebranding website. lol
i fit use am r'ubo anytime any day.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by deb(m): 9:35pm On Nov 29, 2009
There is a new re-brand website. http://www.ournigeriarebrands.net

Learnt that the ministry wasn't happy with the initial site but the guy that designed it refused to
release the cpanel details hence they had to settle for another domain which is www.ournigeriarebands.net
The new site looks much better and was even done free of charge
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by DualCore1: 9:57pm On Nov 29, 2009
What Do You Think About The Rebranding Exercise?
Waste of Time
30 52.6%

Good Initiative
25 43.9%

Don't Care
2 3.5%

Lol, 9ja! we harsh o!
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by yawatide(f): 10:10pm On Nov 29, 2009
Typical naija!

Vaguely recalling the old site, I prefer that to this.  The site probably looks the way it is cause, as stated above, it was made for free:

1) Why the horizontal scroll?
2) Contact page: Anyone note the large green space due to the lack of content in the white area?
3) What in the world is "DA brand" and "beautiful naija (I assume the site is meant not for us but "outsiders"wink"?
4) Why are the headers so large (both in dimension and size)?
5) What do I stand to gain from registering on the site?
6) The pages take forever to load (and I use a pretty quick connection)

The only 2 things I like are:
1) The ajax search
2) the white bars that slide over the nav items when I hover over them

My verdict:
Pay a professional (usually based on merit not nepotism), to do a better job.  We earn billions in oil revenue.  There is nothing wrong in spending say, N10m for a top quality website.  At the end of the day, the site should be about convincing otherwise, those who think that Nigeria is all about 419.

The rebranding exercise via this website is a total waste of time. If I were an "outsider", I would say to myself, "if these guys can't even get their website straight, why should I trust them?
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by DualCore1: 11:26pm On Nov 29, 2009
what is nepotism?
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by yawatide(f): 11:46pm On Nov 29, 2009
man-know-man, scratch my back I scratch yours cool
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by DualCore1: 12:12am On Nov 30, 2009
k, so if i nepotize with u, it means i'm scratching ur back. mmmmm nice.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by pie1ect(m): 11:32am On Nov 30, 2009
Dual Core:

k, so if i nepotize with u, it means i'm scratching your back. mmmmm nice.
LOLOL.

@Yawa-tide, I hail thee. Sorry, I've been hiding under a rock  (away from Nariraland) for the last few months/weeks/days (?) Hope say you dey cool.
On my return, I took a fancy to the Sports (football) forum. Some heated debates there at the time (don't ask).

@Topic
I was not fortunate enough to see the old rebranding website. About the new site, I can say at least it uses bright pictures. That's where my compliments will stop for now. It's easy to see that there was no designing prior to setting up the site. A well designed website will have taken into account information architecture and navigation especially. How come the top two modules (static image and dynamic image) are made to show up on all pages, forcing the reader to scroll down to see whatever content is being displayed. This is a joomla website which should allow the administrator to clearly define which pages those modules should show up on. Anyway, before I descend into a rant, I'll leave it there. Good idea though, having a website. But instead of looking at sites like Rebrand South Africa
which is also Joomla-driven, Im sure Nigeria can afford the resources to develop something along the lines of Visit California, which is actually a branding website, not just for the aesthetics (which is brilliant by the way) but also for the way it tries to convey the experience of visiting california.

By the way, why is it that most of the recent Nigerian govt. websites seem to be powered by Joomla (and by Joomla newbies), I might add)? Me smell something fishy. Cutting corners? More money for a lot of hype and less quality? Me no like.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by deb(m): 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2009
@yawa-ti-de
Vaguely recalling the old site, I prefer that to this.

Am not sure you know how the old site looks like?
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by yawatide(f): 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2009
deb:

ooooh, I have an idea alright. My brain isn't good with names but it sure is good with bad websites tongue
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by otoidea(m): 11:38am On Dec 12, 2009
i think thers a lot wrong with the rebrand nigeria movement, great idea, shame without the execution, starting with the logo sef, NIGERIA! we are BETTER than this.

jst my tots
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by yawatide(f): 12:40pm On Dec 12, 2009
I think this is where the web conference will make sense. By organizing such, and hopefully it will be publicized and assuming such a conference will be held regularly and help produce *enforceable* standards that all will follow, the true believers in progress in the country (as opposed to the corrupt and greedy kind) will be aware and be on the watch out for the real developers. I just pray the conference comes to fruition.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-356662.0.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Advice On Setting Up New Blog / Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues / Simple Truths All Nigeria Bloggers Must Face For Success In Blogging!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.