Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,104 members, 7,845,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Refund For Denied Visa Applicants - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Refund For Denied Visa Applicants (1215 Views)

I Was Denied Visa At French Embassy For This Reason.... / Canada Begins Compulsory Fingerprint For Nigerian Visa Applicants / Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Refund For Denied Visa Applicants by glonsi: 5:15pm On May 21, 2009
hello all,

I will like to protest against the way Nigerians are charged visa fees before visas are given. i believe this is a fraud against Nigerians and we should begin to do something about it. Imagine the hundreds of nigerians who are denied visas daily for no genuine reasons and their appication fees are not returned.
seriously, it blows my mind to have to pay for something and be denied it without a refund of all or part of my money.

I think Visa applications should no longer be sent in with visa fees until the visa applied for is given.
In the case that an applicant is granted a visa, the visa fee can now be paid or The applicant can now pay to the embassy before he/she is allowed to travel.
another side to this is that at least 75% of application fees charged should be refunded to applicants who are denied visas.

This is the time our generation must be prepared to change the belief patterns of Nigerians and Nigeria.

thank u
Re: Refund For Denied Visa Applicants by igbogolo: 9:39pm On May 21, 2009
My dear,
I know how you feel about this issue.
The fact is that something really needs to eb done about this particular issue.
Collecting application fees when they know they will not give the visa even when its apparent that the applicant has met all the requirements is theft.
the question is 'where do we start'??
Re: Refund For Denied Visa Applicants by adexchamp(m): 9:11pm On May 24, 2009
I also agreed to the fact that Visa fees should be refunded back,at least half of it.
Re: Refund For Denied Visa Applicants by Nobody: 10:30am On May 25, 2009
I agree - in part.

The issue here is, when one applies for a visa, they're agreeing that in the case of the said visa being denied, they'll forfeit their money.
It's not compulsory to apply for a visa, it's a choice we make when making these applications.

And of course, visa processing goes through several different stages, verification, phone calls, couriers etc. The staff also need to be paid, regardless of the outcome of visa applications.

The best way to keep your money in your wallet is not apply in the first place.
Re: Refund For Denied Visa Applicants by Thadude(m): 4:47am On May 26, 2009
This issue comes with a two edge sword. Assuming an application had to be reviewed and approved before payment knowing fully well that if not approved no visa fee payment will be made, could you all imagine how crowded the embassies would be?, even those without an invitation would go and try their last luck. Some will test be power of babalawo on the whiteman, hoping that with voodoo the visa officer would approve their visa without knowing he/she is approving a visa. 75% of those at the british and America embassies fully know that are not qualified to travel to either countries before they embark on their visa process.
Secondly it will be a stressful burden on the staffs of those embassies who would have to deal with all the senseless application likely to cause them brain tumor. The visa fee is a way warding off unqualified applicants. We all know that in the past even applicants that were disqualified and had their passport stamped, applied for a new passport with a new name to reapplied for visas.

I dont think its a reap-off and i dont see the embassies changing their policies of no refund of a cent! which Nigerian embassies in Newyork and DC also practice on foreigners. Besides the country is not ripe for business, these embassies have to power their generators to be able to print out applicant's visas. They have to deal with the bad roads, fuel scarcity, poorly trained cops, and armed-to-teeth robbers in the country.

Whatever happened to Self-visa-appraisal? Forget relatives/friends abroad who can send invitation to applicants. Applicants should visit the website find out the requirements and appraisal themselves truthfully before embarking on the visa journey. If decit is factored in, such applicants will be preparing the ground work for their visa fee to be taken away from them without result.
These embassy officials arent stupid. If applicants claim to be married and a question that married couples should know is asked, such applicant will either mess it up or give an inconclusive answer which will inturn lead to disqualification. Most applicant who claim to be married dont even have a wedding band on or dont know it is secretly observed. If married without a wedding band, such applicant is telling the VO that he/she is an unfaithful spouse and not qualified for the previlege of a visa.

1.How can anyone process a visa with out a job or a work history? even with a fat bank account, the credibility of such person's account comes into question and doubt.
2.How can anyone process a visa with an invitation is sent from a friend or relative who has at one time commit a crime and done time in prison? probably without the applicants knowledge! even if done yrs ago, a crime is considered a crime abroad. Or one who evades taxes, lives on govt food stamps? or has no clear source of income/never kept a job, such records can be obtain by the embassies in few seconds by punching the keyboard and clicking the mouse.
3. How can anyone claim to be travelling on a conference when the conference has no significance to the person's discipline or job, or when such person cant explain in a straight forward way how he hopes to use what he hope to learn to impact his immediate community?
3.How can anyone claim to be a student of a local institution and travelling on holiday, when the season says school is in section?? even if truly a student, which sensible student will ignore college for a holiday trip abroad when he/she could go when the school is on holiday?
4. How can anyone claim to be travelling for studies oversea when the school choosen to study at, is known for Nigerians ignoring their courses on arrival and leading a new life?, tho!, you might be innocent of it, as it sometimes occurs out of coincidence, you cant blame the embassy for denial cos they keep records to help them gage visa credibility.

The little things applicants take for granted are what usually deny them and ultimately make them loose their visa fees, so dont blame the embassies blame the applicant. Those who have no business travelling should seat their butts at home until a 100% opportunity comes their way. And not approaching the embassies based on prayer and fasting.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Anyone In Iowa City Or At The University Of Iowa? / Apartments In Dubai / Switching From Psw To Husband (very Complex Situation Expert Analysis Required)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.