Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Perfectly Imperfect - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Perfectly Imperfect (522 Views)

Since We Live In An Imperfect World Your Performance Matters Not, But This Does (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Perfectly Imperfect by ojadetayo(m): 5:56am On Nov 20, 2015
Why would you expect me never to make a mistake? Why would you expect me to be so damn perfect? What’s up with perfection anyway? Who really is perfect? Who really is impeccable? Show me one person: So eloquent no stammer, they have never lost, always winning. They have no imperfection, they have never asked for direction. They are number one selection. They are never producing feaces. They are always excelling. They are immune to failing. They have never fallen to temptation. Their hearts are always healthy. They have never called on the Saviour. They have never stolen money. Their sky is always sunny (MI Abaga). They have never hurt a person. Their mouth is never cursing. They have never hurt, never thirsting. Their hands are always nursing. Never get frustrated. They have never made a mistake. Their lips are never pouting. They have never had a trouble. They have never blinked; never lost vision. They have never owed debtors. They have never shouted.
Just don’t expect those from me. In fact I can never give you any of those. But one thing I can give you is this: I’ve got a faulty conscience, so much nonsense, I make mistakes, I’m harboring some guilt, gotten my heart broken. There is hurt from every word I’ve spoken. There‘s people I’ve cheated. I’ve had truth receded. Sometimes I’m very stubborn, allowed my pride to govern. There is so much dirt I’ve covered. It’s dark inside my cupboard. That’s the real me, I’m not perfect, I don’t even want to be. You know what, who really is? But in all of these of my behaviour, I see I am only human, so give me a break. But all the same, I don’t take being human for granted. I make sure I put in my best to every contest I’m tested in. That’s the real me; I’m PERFECTLY IMPERFECT BUT I WILL NEVER TAKE IT FOR GRANTED.

#SoMuchNonsense
#PerfectlyImperfect
#ButStill
#NeverForGranted

Adetayo OJO.