Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Confused By Katyboo - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Confused By Katyboo (520 Views)

A New Story "Confused" / The Confused Author(a Short Story) By Frankline461 / Am Really Confused About My Life... What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused By Katyboo by Katyboo(f): 9:23pm On May 07, 2016
We all make mistakes because confusion made us make wrong decisions. Sometimes its a little mistake but most of the time its a mistake of lifetime.
Re: Confused By Katyboo by Katyboo(f): 9:44pm On May 07, 2016
This story is fiction, it's my first story ever so I will appreciate your criticisms, corrections and appraisals.
Chapter 1
My name is Katy short for Katherine. Some girls would prefer being called Katherine because it is exotic but Katy sounds better to my ears thats why I chose it. I was born 21 years ago to Mr and Mrs Ugo family.I am the only child. We have prayed and fasted for more children but they are not forthcoming. I'm from Enugu and we live in Akpugo which is in Enugu. Its a village, my mom is a nurse is one of the health centres there and my dad is a teacher in one of the secondary schools there thats why we live there. Akpugo is made up of mostly catholics who believe in the residing priest more than any other thing. If the reverend father sneezes they will chorus amen(can you imagine). This is one of the major reasons I don't like going to church because I see all of them as hypocrites. I'm not judgemental thats just the way I feel about them.
(Back to me)
I'm 5feet 8, fair, slim, shapy(I think so)and goodlooking.I'm not so cute but sometimes when I look in the mirror I end up praising my creator, you know why? In every situation praise God.
I attended the school my father teaches in so as a child of a teacher everybody expected me to be of good morals. Even when our teachers are so annoying I can't say it to their faces. If I misbehave a little the principal will call me and give me a long boring speech on what is expected of a teachers child. In short secondary school life was pretty boring.
Re: Confused By Katyboo by Katyboo(f): 6:51am On May 08, 2016
Ever since I was a kid, I don't go anywhere far alone, my parents must go with me. When I openned a bank account in fidelity bank inside esut, my dad went with me. As a result of that, I can't really go anywhere far alone without asking them to go with me.
My waec results were out and good. My mom bought jamb form for me. The examination for on 12 march. While I was preparing for the exam I didn't bother to find out where Ovoko is. I was posted to Ovoko to write my jamb, I knew my mom would go with me that's why I didn't bother finding out about the place. A week to my exam my parents called me into their room. When I got there my dad started telling me what I didnt believe they would tell me.
Dad: Katy, you are 19 years old and ....
Me: I know my age.
Dadsadin a pretending angry tone) will you allow me finish before you start interrupting eh
Talk of interrupting, I am the chief,anybody talking to me must have endurance because I will interrupt to a point you'll regret talking to me. I know its silly and annoying. I wasn't like that before, I started it when I stayed with my fathers younger sister during the holidays. She was a firstclass nag. She nags over everything, If I keep her cup on the table she will nag, If I didn't wash the dishes she will give me an oscar award winning nag of the year. I later realised that interrupting her would make her nag less. That was how my interrupting career kicked off. But unfortunately it continued and I've been trying to cut that attitude but its not easy.
(back to my talk with my parents)
Me:I'm sorry dad.
Dad:you better be. Its disrespectful to interrupt your elders. If you continue like this, when you start working your boss might sack you because of that. Anyway, we called you here because we feel you are old enough to take care of yourself.
Mesadin a confused tone) How?
Dad: you see, we want to stop following you to places. You are old enough to go places alone. Very soon you'll be an undergraduate, you need to go out and experience the world without me or your mom babysitting you.
Me: nobody is babysitting me, you guys are the ones forcing yourselves to go out with me. I can take care of myself.
Dad: I love that. You will start by going to Ovoko alone.
Me: WHAT? But I don't know the place now. Mom: We know but we want you to locate the place on your own ok. You'll go a day before the exam alright, I will give you the map and enough money and we will be talking on the phone. Are you ok with that?
Me:I'm ok, I mean if I get lost don't report me on the television cos I wouldn't like people to know that I got lost because my parents want me to start fulfilling my destiny already.
With that we ended the talk. I was scared, how can I go to a place I've never been to alone? What if I got lost? My parents will be highly, summarily and another word that ends in ly disappointed in me. May God help my soul.
Re: Confused By Katyboo by Katyboo(f): 7:59am On May 08, 2016
I have been reading english, government and economics. Maths is one of the subjects I'm writing but I don't know it at all. Five days to the jamb day, I was worried about mathematics seriously, I needed to do something about it if not I will fail jamb and disappoint my parents. After series of thought I decided to meet Uche. Uche is a village boy in Akpugo who is into jamb runs, rumours had it that all the people he helped got above 250 in jamb. But I have a problem with him. He has being chasing me for some months and I turned him down. I told him he is ugly for my liking and also called him a village champion to his face. He was so angry with me that day that he even threatened to beat me up. I had to run away from him before I recieve the beating of my life. I knew I overdid it, calling someone a village champion is not funny especially when you live in the same village with them. Since then I stayed away from him.
This time I need his help but its not going to be easy. I took my bath making sure I scrubbed every part twice. I painted my face very well, I wore a red top with a jeans trouser. I left my braids to rest on my shoulders. When I was satisfied on what I saw on the mirror, I took off to the village square where Uche and his fellow village champions are always hanging out. I took my time to look good cos I know Uche is a guy that is moved by what he sees. If I looked beautiful he will give me attention. This maths is important to me I can't take chances in this jamb. I will write it once, write screening once and gain admission, so help me God.
As I was approaching the village champions they all turned and stared at me as if they were seeing me for the first time.I was glad because guys staring at a lady means that she is beautiful. When I came close to them I greeted all of them and they responded by saying things I didn't bother listening to. Uche was doing a good job at ignoring me. But he can't spoil my plans even if it means begging him I will do it.
Me: Big man Uche can we talk.
Uche: (his head swelling because I called him big man) about what?
Me: in private please (stressing the please)
Uche: ok ma
He followed me as the other annoying guys were hailing him. When we got to a place a bit far from those guys I stopped and stared at Uche for a long time. It was a deliberate act to weaken him.
Uche: (faking concern) what is the problem? Did anybody do anything to you?
Me: I need maths answers for jamb
Uche: (laughing) and you are telling a village champion.
Me: Uche please I can pay you just help me.
Uche: I don't need your money I need your friendship ok.
Me: you have it.
Uche: I'm serious
Me:I know and I'm saying yes
Uche: so because of jamb you are accepting me ba,anyway if you are serious hug me
I hugged him afterall its just a hug and I will get maths answers so its no big deal.

(1) (Reply)

Blasphemy / Boogeyman / Have You Complained Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.