Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. (11178 Views)

Limit Of Online Transaction With UBA Master Card / Access Bank Is Charging Me 270 Per Dollar On Internet Transaction / Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by Dawdy(m): 7:18am On Nov 20, 2015
For the past one week, I have been charged N200 per $1 on every transaction I make with first bank visaprepaid on Aliexpress. Can any one with the card testify?
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by tugrow(m): 7:42am On Nov 20, 2015
Pls how many days does it take, to get this card
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by Dawdy(m): 9:12am On Nov 20, 2015
tugrow:
Pls how many days does it take, to get this card
In less than a week you will have it. Though it costs N2000.
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by tugrow(m): 10:43am On Nov 20, 2015
Dawdy:

ok, let me go now
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by barikay: 11:17am On Nov 20, 2015
That rate is better access now charge high #225 per $1
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by tugrow(m): 1:10pm On Nov 20, 2015
Dawdy:

please what are the enquiry for this car
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2015
Dawdy:

do I need to bank with them before such card can be issued?
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by Dawdy(m): 7:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
You don't need to have an account with first Bank to obtain this card. Just go to any first Bank beach and make your request.
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by mavinc4u(f): 8:59pm On Nov 20, 2015
Dawdy:
You don't need to have an account with first Bank to obtain this card. Just go to any first Bank beach and make your request.

Which one is firstbank beach, please are you a customer or staff? because Firstbank charges N227
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by Dawdy(m): 9:06pm On Nov 20, 2015
mavinc4u:

Which one is firstbank beach, please are you a customer or staff? because Firstbank charges N227
Visa prepaid card.
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by mavinc4u(f): 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2015
Dawdy:

Visa prepaid card.

Okay, have you checked your account of the said transactions because I know their sms alerts always differ from what finally reflects on the account besides their card rates were always the same except for refunds
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by chilez(f): 6:06am On Nov 21, 2015
Thank God for this thread, abeg what is their Pounds rate grin grin?

1 Like

Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by Mariesio: 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
But Visa prepaid card is not accepted on international market Pls correct me if am wrong
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by AleAirHub(m): 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2015
all transactions been carry online using visa card is charge between199/204 plus bank charges ranging from 1% - 5%. So i doubt that rate and to verify my claims visit visa transactions calculator page https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/travel-support/exchange-rate-calculator.html/

Lastly before you make online using the visa card 1st check your account balance and when you are done also check your balance by so doing you will know the total amount that was charge.

thanks
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2015
AleAirHub:
all transactions been carry online using visa card is charge between199/204 plus bank charges ranging from 1% - 5%. So i doubt that rate and to verify my claims visit visa transactions calculator page https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/travel-support/exchange-rate-calculator.html/

Lastly before you make online using the visa card 1st check your account balance and when you are done also check your balance by so doing you will know the total amount that was charge.

thanks

You are wrong sir.. The rates are determined by the Bank not Visa smiley

I make use of my GTBank Dollar Card so i'm not affected by rate but my Skye Bank Visa is 205 (Not the 204 you mentioned).. My Fidelity Bank Visa is 226(Not the 199/204 you mentioned) so there you have it smiley
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 21, 2015
Mariesio:
But Visa prepaid card is not accepted on international market Pls correct me if am wrong

Who said so?
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by AleAirHub(m): 9:45pm On Nov 21, 2015
coolsix:

I make use of my GTBank Dollar Card so i'm not affected by rate but my Skye Bank Visa is 205 (Not the 204 you mentioned).. My Fidelity Bank Visa is 226(Not the 199/204 you mentioned) so there you have it smiley
Bro....
did you see were i mentioned any bank name and my reviews was base on my finding... so read well before you quote someone...

Lastly visa card has two denomination which is Dollar & Naira.
cash into the dollar type is though cashflow base on my finding from 4 banks and why that of naira can be funded direct from bank just like normal way of cash deposits...
Hints
* the visa card can be applied from some banks without opening a bank account with them, banks like UBA, STANBICIBTC, etc. under UBA platform it is called Visa africard if it is not link to you bank account.
* as for the naira type the charges per $1 is been determine at the very day exchange rate plus additional 1% - 5% of bank charge because my boss has been using that of UBA type on his PayPal account and he is been charge $1/204 + #27. which automatically implies $1/231.
*why that of dollar type is more cheaper when hitting your payment online but the issues now is how to load the card...
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by Mariesio: 9:59pm On Nov 21, 2015
coolsix:

Who said so?

I couldn't link the card to paypal, was told to contact my bank which I did. So was told by 2 different online CC that it can only be linked to a domiciliary account
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by mavinc4u(f): 4:38pm On Nov 22, 2015
coolsix:

Skye bank is N215.4 or are you mistaken 215 for 205?
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by mavinc4u(f): 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2015
Mariesio:

I couldn't link the card to paypal, was told to contact my bank which I did. So was told by 2 different online CC that it can only be linked to a domiciliary account

Which bank card?
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by Mariesio: 5:59pm On Nov 22, 2015
mavinc4u:

Which bank card?

First Bank visa debit card
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by dav8id(m): 6:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
mavinc4u:

the skyebank you are talking about, is it prepaid visa or dollar visa?

must one have account with them?
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by dav8id(m): 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2015
AleAirHub:

Bro....
did you see were i mentioned any bank name and my reviews was base on my finding... so read well before you quote someone...

Lastly visa card has two denomination which is Dollar & Naira.
cash into the dollar type is though cashflow base on my finding from 4 banks and why that of naira can be funded direct from bank just like normal way of cash deposits...
Hints
* the visa card can be applied from some banks without opening a bank account with them, banks like UBA, STANBICIBTC, etc. under UBA platform it is called Visa africard if it is not link to you bank account.
* as for the naira type the charges per $1 is been determine at the very day exchange rate plus additional 1% - 5% of bank charge because my boss has been using that of UBA type on his PayPal account and he is been charge $1/204 + #27. which automatically implies $1/231.
*why that of dollar type is more cheaper when hitting your payment online but the issues now is how to load the card...

at bold above" stobic ibtc " don't offer visa card again.but the master card rate is #220 never know how much as today sha
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by AleAirHub(m): 6:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
dav8id:

at bold above" stobic ibtc " don't offer visa card again.but the master card rate is #220 never know how much as today sha
when did they stop because i called their customer care regarding that one month ago and i was told they do
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by dav8id(m): 6:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
AleAirHub:

when did they stop because i called their customer care regarding that one month ago and i was told they do

i open account with them 4 month ago and they don't issue visa card.

the master card wast #199.5/#200 before then now #220
go to any nearest branch and confirm that
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by mavinc4u(f): 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2015
dav8id:

the skyebank you are talking about, is it prepaid visa or dollar visa?

must one have account with them?

Is not prepaid. Is visa naira debit card. Yes, you must have account with them

1 Like

Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by mavinc4u(f): 8:36pm On Nov 22, 2015
Mariesio:

First Bank visa debit card

Visa debit or visa prepaid debit? But as long as it has visa on it, it should work.
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by mavinc4u(f): 8:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
dav8id:

They offer visa card but visa credit card and visa prepaid dollar card
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by sovpounds(m): 8:59pm On Nov 22, 2015
My First Bank Visa Prepaid card is denominated in US Dollars, I didn't know they had a Visa Prepaid card denominated in naira. Thanks to this thread I am now aware.
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by tugrow(m): 10:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
sovpounds:
My First Bank Visa Prepaid card is denominated in US Dollars, I didn't know they had a Visa Prepaid card denominated in naira. Thanks to this thread I am now aware.
Good
Re: Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
mavinc4u:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Online Banking Offerings by Nigerian Banks / Loya Milk Promo Scam / Oil Price Rise To $46 Per Barrel- PunchNg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.