Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,582 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You (63824 Views)

Fulani, Abubakar Adamu 'Ano' Promoted To Brigadier General In Nigerian Army / Top 3 Nigerian Banks Where Staff Do Not Work In Fear / How To Succeed As A Contract Staff In Nigerian Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by sashaa(f): 11:12pm On Nov 20, 2015
JUSTbuchi:
Op some of what you wrote up there ain't true

My elder bro works in a bank,diamond bank precisely and he has accounts in gtb and first bank

Secondly he's married to a banker who works in same diamond bank
Not possible. I mean the marriage part.
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Priest200(m): 11:22pm On Nov 20, 2015
How this one take affect me wey no dey work 4 bank..haba oga try to put d rit headline nxt time..i mean no harm o.
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Afam1103(m): 12:03am On Nov 21, 2015
[/quote]
Anyway since our lawmakers are investigating bank managements, I will help them speed up the process for quicker result (pun intended).

But make sure you are not making false declaration or else the CCT will be your guest (pun intended).

[/quote]

Please do even know what a pun is? Cos I don't see any pun here undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by professore(m): 12:37am On Nov 21, 2015
Gone are the days when I used to consider being a banker
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by ZiggyMr(m): 5:17am On Nov 21, 2015
ednut1:
clearly the author has never worked in a bank . some are lies, *most bankers transfer their salary to other banks immediately it is paid to other banks * many bankers have other businesses like farms, car sales business etc * some people work in banks to gain experience/escape boredom, the money they are being paid is not up to 5% of what they get from their rich parents * u can get married to ur co worker in a bank like stanbic but must not be in the same unit/dept. stop misleading people angry

Bros, do u work in a bank? If yes, then you don't knw ur banks policy. What the op listed are totally correct, if you operate another acct you are against your banks policy, "tys" isn't allowed either but 4get everybody na defaulter, yes u don't use ur phone if you are a teller and 4real it's against d policy to marry ur colleague, one must have to resign. So get ur facts right before coming here
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 21, 2015
sadContract staff are people not employed directly by the banks they can be hnd or bsc or ond, not all contract staff are hnd, I know of people who are professional staff in the hnd category, so stop reinforcing this hnd bsc dichotomy its irritating, they all received the same orientation in the banks
Professionalism in the banks these days is just a hype, its all abouts hustlers ,thugs and call girls in suits.
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Shokoloko(f): 7:30am On Nov 21, 2015
maximunimpact:
One thing i want to make clear is that most of the people disputing the facts stated above are either close to bankers or they work in the bank yet they have never seen or read their staff handbook. Since no one has not told them the standard practice they assume the rules doesn't exist. This is why someone will get into trouble and get fired, maybe the bank will not be generous enough to tell them their offenses and later they will run to nairaland and cry foul that bank job is unsafe. If you work in a bank please take out time to read through your staff handbook. it will help you a lot.
You nailed it. These policies are in staff handbooks
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by scarr: 8:32am On Nov 21, 2015
olafum1:
These are part of the reasons I don't want to work in the bank, but staying at home for a while now after youth service, I don't have option but to apply for banking work..

It was so pitiful the way workforce treated me, in their last conducted test for a banking job. cry cry

Sorry for ur experience bro, but if u don't mind please can you tell me how workforce treated u, was there recently
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 21, 2015
sashaa:

Not possible. I mean the marriage part.
they got married last year,they both work in same diamond bank,just that he's an igbo and the girl z a Yoruba
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by olafum1(m): 11:01am On Nov 21, 2015
scarr:

Sorry for ur experience bro, but if u don't mind please can you tell me how workforce treated u, was there recently
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Barthx(m): 7:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
JUSTbuchi:
am not supposed to argue with you on this

Yeah bro, you shouldn't.
I said fact because I work in diamond. May be allowed in other banks but not diamond bank. Either party would have to resign.

Unless the marriage was done in secret.
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 21, 2015
Barthx:

Yeah bro, you shouldn't.
I said fact because I work in diamond. May be allowed in other banks but not diamond bank. Either party would have to resign.

Unless the marriage was done in secret.
i don't care if you work in a bank or not
I only said what I knew and please don't quote me again
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Barthx(m): 4:41am On Nov 22, 2015
JUSTbuchi:
i don't care if you work in a bank or not I only said what I knew and please don't quote me again
Smh You can choose to believe what you will, your choice. Regards
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by BernardGreat1(m): 2:49pm On Nov 22, 2015
Online Payment Integration Service Requires a highly skillful execution and Technical Knowledge. In these specialized Field, Bernard Great Legacy Inc. can help you set up or develop an online payment application that can work with merchants to enable you receive payment from your website.

For Nigeria and International Platform

Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by BernardGreat1(m): 2:49pm On Nov 22, 2015
Online Payment Integration Service Requires a highly skillful execution and Technical Knowledge. In these specialized Field, Bernard Great Legacy Inc. can help you set up or develop an online payment application that can work with merchants to enable you receive payment from your website.

For Nigeria and International Platform
www.bernardgreatebooks.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit / Obinna Ukwuani Returns To Nigeria After Turning Down Job Offer In USA / Nigerian Man Become A US Soldier As He Completes His Training (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.