Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Time I Waste Because I Do Not Ask Or Completely Review - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Time I Waste Because I Do Not Ask Or Completely Review (866 Views)

[fresh] The Last Time I Shared Music Here You Guys Were Incredibly Supportive / Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down / They Could Only Abduct Me Because I Was Putting On Shorts – Lagos Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Time I Waste Because I Do Not Ask Or Completely Review by baby4u2(f): 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2015
Didn't know exactly where to create this post, but a series of mishaps has led me to create this topic. Mods it belongs here fine, but if it doesn't help me out.

Long and short of what I've noticed about myself is that of recent I have not been taking my time to completely read out instructions, ask or take proper time to review things or my surroundings which has been leading me into trouble or wasting valuable time.

I FEEL A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE LIKE ME. I feel people like me have this mentality that we already know, even if a little time spent reviewing or analyzing will make us know a lot better. Some incidents I will list below have gotten me to this point of reflection and a decision to change.

Incident 1
My job for the most part requires me to work a lot out of the office and on my client sites. So, I get to see different types of environments ever so often. I traveled to a new client location and after being introduced to the staff that would help me and settling down in my assigned office, I began to quickly walk around on my own to look for food because I was famished with all the travel. To get to the food location in this big office building, you have to take a long walk, go down the elevator, another long walk. Of course I did mind because of my high heel shoes I refused not to wear. I observed on my way out of the building that the toilet was just to far away from the assigned office I was given and the location to get free drinking water was also too far. I started abusing the people in my mind for all this mindless walking I will be doing while conducting an audit.

Then it came time to use the rest room, on getting there I realized you needed a badge to assess the rest room. Heck what? I was so pressed, I stood there in shock. Lucky for me, someone was coming out and I quickly entered. The next time, I held myself cause I just wanted to finish the audit I was there for and go to my hotel room and i didn't want to be asking someone to give me a badge. However, next day, I had to use the rest room again, so I kindly asked the receptionist for her badge, which she gave me. I was still baffled with the structural setting. Guess what, an hour before I was about to leave, I went to my contact person to ask him to help me with copying some documents and wala, I see a rest room literally less than 5 steps away from his office also less than 10 steps away from mine. On the other side I see a water filter right there!!!

Smh, I couldn't believe how I would have missed it. But of course I would, cause I was not vocal in asking for exactly what I needed. At least, I don't think it would have killed him to point out the rest room and the water filter but I DIDN'T ASK because I thought I knew best.

Incident 2

Had been conversing with a friend about an event for a while and asked her to send me the address of the event a day before the event. She sent me a long text message with the address in the beginning and who to ask for and codes in the middle. Well that was all I needed to know, so I didn't even bother reading the lower section of the text.

On the day of the event, I began my journey and found myself travelling for close to 2hrs. I started off late, so it was already late into the night and I couldn't get hold of my friend because because she was helping out in the event. I got so frustrated on the road cause I had been driving for so long and then I started seeing welcome to another state on the road signs. I am like whattttttttttttttttttt the heck is going on here, I thought this event was like 20mins away from my house. I quietly packed my car on the high way, and started calling whom ever I could call to get hold of the girl at the event. After I was able to get hold of her and pouring all emotions (too frustrated), she says to me, did you read the whole text? I kept quiet, went to the text, read to the end. Bottom part of the text says choose the second location that comes up on the GPS, first will take you to a different state. You guys already know what I choose. I told her thank you. Hung up and went straight home to sleep.

Incident 3

Till now, I have not read the story I accused laslisticlala of putting up after I put up and he did push to everyone's attention lol. Happens the story was an update to what was already posted before. However, as I just saw topic I jumped into conclusion.

A while back I read on here how many people don't read instructions on new technology equipment's before using and then misusing it. I am changing really, I have too for my own good.

Lesson learnt, ASK, COMPLETELY READ/REVIEW, ASK AGAIN. Because my write up was too long, I saved space for everyone to do the advising on how to avoid situations like these.

Share your stories of your mishaps if you have any and any advice for avoiding them. stay cool guys.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Billionaire Buries Mum In Hummer SUV Instead Of Casket / PHOTOS: "White Garment" Woman Caught After Trying TO Kidnap Children In Lagos / White Boy Admits His Hatred For His Skin And Whole Race (pix+video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.