Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,308 members, 7,822,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card (32606 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" / Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by IMASTEX: 11:24pm On Aug 06, 2016
This world is indeed a complex place. You might be forced to agree after hearing this account. A friend, Joe (not real name) came to me lust in thought about what to do. According to him, he had finalized every wedding arrangement including printing of invitation cards, etc only to be invited by his pastor last week. On getting there, the pastor requested for his TITHE CARD. Unfortunately, he was one of those who doesn't subscribe to owning a tithe card, even though, he is a tither. So, when he couldn't provide his pastor with the tithe card, the pastor bluntly informed him that he can't conduct the wedding ceremony without that record. After much pleading and negotiations including involving some family members, his fiancée, etc. The pastor finally gave him an option of paying accumulated tithe. A two years back log was calculated for him, amounting to hundreds of thousands. Which must be paid before the wedding can hold.

Now the issues is that, Joe doesn't feel pleased been subjected to such conditions. However, to shoulder such task, Joe suggested cutting down some of the wedding activities/expenses but his fiancée didn't accept it. And he didn't quite conform to holding the wedding in his fiancée's church because of the small size of the church building which is even undergoing construction work. Some of his family members are even suggesting to just go for registry after the traditional marriage and forget about the white wedding. All these issues are what is giving him worries.

Please, your matured advise/opinions will be greatly appreciated. The wedding is suppose to hold 20th of this Month. Yet, no valid conclusion is reached.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by micfoley: 11:26pm On Aug 06, 2016
Which church?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by IMASTEX: 11:39pm On Aug 06, 2016
micfoley:
Which church?
It is one of this new generational pentecostal church, I intensionally didn't want to mention name.
What should he do?

Cc Mynd44, Seun, lalasticlala your attention is needed to help a fellow come out of his misery

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by otemanuduno: 11:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
Churches and their founders are thieves. This is just the beginning for the downfall of religion. Muafrika2, Winner01, Mrzenographer and 4evergod, come and see things that are going to make more people lose their religion with time. I heard that they also did same thing in OYAKHILOME'S CHURCH. And some years back, I heard that Lord's Chosen Church demanded 100k from a poor guy who wanted to have his wedding ceremony also.

By 2018, many people would have dumped religion to use their own brains to think clearly 100%
See the reason here: https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by emorse(m): 11:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
*sighs*

Whatever I say now will sound like I'm against your church / religion so I'll just keep quiet and observe.

But just so you know, nobody can try that with me. I don waka!

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by psucc(m): 11:42pm On Aug 06, 2016
What are you trying to hide? Why not name the church and the minister in charge?

I hope the guy is not owing then an ought but God.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by madridguy(m): 11:44pm On Aug 06, 2016
Ok
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by lilmax(m): 11:45pm On Aug 06, 2016
name the church

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Topgainer: 11:46pm On Aug 06, 2016
Some Pastors see themselves as God. Why not?
They have men under their control and have continued to over burden them with heavy yokes.
They have men that worship them.
The principle of No card, no wedding, no burial, no naming ceremony is man's design It doesn't concern God

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by hemartins(m): 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
What happened to going to another church to have your wedding.
Or go to a marriage registry instead and let your parents give you their blessings.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by jamex93(m): 11:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
Which kind thing b dis one

Na d pastor get d tithe abi na God

Even if d man no dey pay him no go leave d man with God

I no want vex abeg

33 Likes

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by SUPERPACK: 11:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
Op i smell lies.

31 Likes

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by IMASTEX: 11:58pm On Aug 06, 2016
Seriously, religion is becoming something else. I created this thread, so that I can just simply refer him here for your advise/opinion/comment. Because I am even angry with the whole thing. I equally heard of one particular church that will even ask for bank statement before approving to wed any couple, especially if the female is their member.

Please pardon my not revealing the name of the church and pastor. Want to leave that to the members to decide. However, The church is located in my state here in Edo State (Benin City).

5 Likes

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Presbulg(m): 11:59pm On Aug 06, 2016
madridguy
post=48260302:

Ok

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by winner01(m): 12:04am On Aug 07, 2016
Its simple. Ask real questions.

Is tithing mandatory?

Will Jesus demand such?

Is that the only church around?

You can as well tell a new convert at age 80 to pay all the tithe he has owed for 80 years.

crap!!

Op. Tell your friend, he is the only one that can cancel his marriage.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Strawman: 12:09am On Aug 07, 2016
The answer to these real questions:

winner01:
Is tithing mandatory?
There is absolutely no part of the Bible that says tithing is mandatory/compulsory. It was an old testament concept to support national worship in Israel and help the poor by donating 10%..we are not under any obligation like that.

"Let each one [give] as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion , for God loves a cheerful giver." (2 Cor 9:7)

The Bible promotes cheerful giving, not necessarily tithing. And abeg how does the pastor expect someone to pay a total of 2 years tithe in a cheerful manner?

If you've been giving tithe, that is good, but let it be because you've chosen to give cheerfully to the church, and not because you take it as a compulsory task; it is not by force.

Will Jesus demand such?

No..not at all

Is that the only church around?

No

It's disturbing how some pastors have managed to pervert the true message of the Bible into something else entirely. If anyone's noticed, people who frown at Christianity are actually frowning at those who interprete Christianity wrongly.

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by AfricanApple(f): 12:54am On Aug 07, 2016
Does your bible say you must do wedding celebration in the church. okay o. no do your wedding because of one barawoniya

15 Likes

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by winner01(m): 1:00am On Aug 07, 2016
Strawman:
The answer to these "real questions":

There is absolutely no part of the Bible that says tithing is mandatory/compulsory. It was an old testament concept to support national worship in Israel and help the poor by donating 10%..we are not under any obligation like that.

"Let each one [give] as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion , for God loves a cheerful giver." (2 Cor 9:7)

The Bible promotes cheerful giving, not necessarily tithing. And abeg how does the pastor expect someone to pay a total of 2 years tithe in a cheerful manner?

If you've been giving tithe, that is good, but let it be because you've chosen to give cheerfully to the church, and not because you take it as a compulsory task; it is not by force.

No..not at all

No

It's disturbing how some pastors have managed to pervert the true message of the Bible into something else entirely. If anyone's noticed, people who frown at Christianity are actually frowning at those who interprete Christianity wrongly.
God bless you Bro.

16 Likes

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by amuokuko: 2:59am On Aug 07, 2016
There was no where in the bible Jesus asked those he healed if they paid their tithe..

Tithe is a personal race with ur God.

OP, I feel like calling that ur friend an End Time f00l...

If nah me, god punish me if I say another word to that pastor or ve anything to do with that church..

Advise ur supposedly friend to go get it done in his galz church afterall who church wedding don Epp..

Suspecting that church wey nah jerry curl the pastors dey carry...

18 Likes

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Pavore9: 5:49am On Aug 07, 2016
Is that Church an extension of the inland revenue service? shocked

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by LordCenturion(m): 5:54am On Aug 07, 2016
Nobody is worshiping GOD but devil, all religions is a scam and death to humanity... I only see scientists as the sons and daughters of GOD not those useless pastors and imams,Nigeria as one of the top 3 most religious country in the world should be near to paradise but first hell on earth......people like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Angelina Jolie etc are men and women of GOD, those people that use their hard earned money to support poor countries,while some useless wretched pastors still extort money from their poor members to enriched themselves,and one of them will build school that almost 95% of his members can't afford... There are millions of churches in Nigeria, they are just there for nothing but to collect ur money and tags kids as witch, the only way government can reduced those useless house of god is to make a law that will enable them to pay taxes because they are also an organisation.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by ogawisdom(m): 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2016
Really

Pay d backlog of tithes or go to another small church and wed. It is dt simple. tongue

His two yrs accumulated tithe would nt b less than 250k shocked ur pastor don finally catch u
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Sunnycliff(m): 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2016
Na to Sue that church for collateral damage after fixing my wedding date!

However if I have like 2-3 weeks interval before that day, na to change church and do my thing jejely!

5 Likes

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by pedrilo: 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
opium for the masses

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Sunnycliff(m): 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
jamex93:
Which kind thing b dis one

Na d pastor get d tithe abi na God

Even if d man no dey pay him no go leave d man with God

I no want vex abeg

Men after their stomach! Whose god is their belly!

Romans 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Philippians 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by An0nimus: 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2016
OP is it Living Faith? I know we have tithe cards. Let me know
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Crieff(m): 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2016
Mr Man, mention the name of the financial institution.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by lollmaolol(m): 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hmmmm..... Scam is scamming the scam nowadays. Na wa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by flyca: 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
If you agree to be a member of any group, social or religious, you must play by the rules of the group. No be by force to be a member.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Dottore: 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hian
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by adebayo201: 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
Unfortunately, he was one of those who doesn't subscribe to owning a tithe card, even though, he is a tither. So, when he couldn't provide his pastor with the tithe card, the pastor bluntly informed him that he can't conduct the wedding ceremony without that record. After much pleading and negotiations including involving some family members, his fiancée, etc. The pastor finally gave him an option of paying accumulated tithe. A two years back log was calculated for him, amounting to hundreds of thousands. Which must be paid before the wedding can hold.

if truly he is a tither, is it a must to be in that church?? why not the other way round?? Two years of accumulated tithe! o ga o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Tim Omotosho Slammed With 22 Sex Charges, As 18 More Victims Come Out / First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare / Jehovah Sharp Sharp Carries Coffin To Protest Against Buhari (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.