Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:33 AM

14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of (5957 Views)

Venus Jupiter Conjunction 2017: The Planets Will Rise As One On Monday / What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2015
Karmanaut:

Just like rivers can be called oceans because they're both bodies of water. right?
Dummkopf.

Your assignment is to find out the meaning of the word planetesimals.

How does this mean they're the same thing?
Buses and cars go the same direction, does that make them the same?

There.
See?
Asteroids were catalogued different from planets.
If asteroids were planets then Earth, Mars, Jupiter, etc would be characterised as planets.

Hope you've learnt something today, son?
next up is pallas. this is from scientic documents

Pallas, minor-planet designation 2 Pallas, is the second asteroid to have been discovered (after Ceres), and it is one of the largest asteroids in the Solar System. With an estimated 7% of the mass of the asteroid belt, it is the third-most-massive asteroid, being 10–30% less massive than Vesta.[14] It is 512 kilometers (318 mi) in diameter, somewhat smaller than Vesta. It is likely a remnant protoplanet. <<< DO YOU SEE IT DESIGNATED AS A MINOR PLANET AS WELL AS AN ASTEROID ? WHAT HAVE I BEEN TELLING YOU ALL DAY ? ITS A THIN LINE BETWEEN WHAT IS CLASSIFIED AS AN ASTEROID AND AS A PLANET.
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 8:04pm On Nov 21, 2015
Karmanaut:

Just like rivers can be called oceans because they're both bodies of water. right?
Dummkopf.

There.
See?
If asteroids were planets then Earth, Mars, Jupiter, etc would be characterised as planets.

NEXT UP IS JUNO. THIS FROM SCIENTIFIC DOCUMENT

Juno, minor-planet designation 3 Juno in the Minor Planet Center catalogue system, was the third asteroid to be discovered and is the 11th-largest asteroid in the asteroid belt, and one of the two largest stony (S-type) asteroids, along with 15 Eunomia. It is estimated to contain 1% of the total mass of the asteroid belt.[12] Juno was discovered on September 1, 1804, by German astronomer Karl L. Harding.

CASE CLOSED. GO AND SLEEP AND DONT BOTHER RESPONDING
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
I give up. There is no cure for this brand of stupidity.

1 Like

Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
sukkot:
1- QUAOAR 50000
2 ORCUS 90482
3 SEDNA 90377
4 SAPPHO 80
5 EROS 433
6 PSYCHE 16
7-CHIRON 95P
8 ERIS 136199
9-HAUMEA 136108
10 MAKEMAKE 136472
11 PALLAS-2
12 VESTA-4
13 JUNO-3
14 CESES-1

Well, OP most of the so called planets are not planets at all, some are moons that orbit various planets in our solar systems (like juno, vesta, chiron, sedna) makemake is similar to pluto (dwarft planet) others could be asteroids. Pic related.

Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 9:45pm On Nov 21, 2015
Llanthony401:

Well, OP most of the so called planets are not planets at all, some are moons that orbit various planets in our solar systems (like juno, vesta, chiron, sedna) makemake is similar to pluto (dwarft planet) others could be asteroids. Pic related.
dwarf planets are planets. obviously if they were not dwarf they would be recognized worldwide.

and you need to read some more. juno vesta chiron and sedna are not moons. go brush up on your reading

and finally you posted a picture of io, callisto, ganymede and europa. did you see any of that on my list ? try to understand a thread before you start posting
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 3:49pm On Nov 22, 2015
Karmanaut:

Dummkopf.

There.
See?

your knowledge is infantile. when your father is talking take a seat boy. we are not mates when it comes to this here celestial knowledge
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 3:54pm On Nov 22, 2015
Karmanaut:
I give up.
There is no cure for this brand of stupidity.
yeah you better give up cuz you know you are defeated. i know you very well. all mouth, no knowledge. go and play with the lightweights. this here is heavy weight territory. i have seen all your posts and you are a certified cretin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2015
sukkot:
yeah you better give up cuz you know you are defeated. i know you very well. all mouth, no knowledge. go and play with the lightweights. this here is heavy weight territory. i have seen all your posts and you are a certified cretin.
grin grin
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2015
LaraiBoluwaji:

grin grin
yeah i just ignored dudes posts. didnt know he was talking all that smack. some people you just respond to their posts without reading past the first line lol. thats what i was doing. till it was brought to my attention that he was talking heavy smack grin
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
sukkot:
yeah i just ignored dudes posts. didnt know he was talking all that smack. some people you just respond to their posts without reading past the first line lol. thats what i was doing. till it was brought to my attention that he was talking heavy smack grin
'heavy smack' is an understatement
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2015
LaraiBoluwaji:

'heavy smack' is an understatement
oh really ? what exactly was he saying ? cuz i cant be bothered reading posts from a cretin.
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2015
sukkot:
oh really ? what exactly was he saying ? cuz i cant be bothered reading posts from a cretin.
Called you stvpid, motherfucker, idiot etc
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
LaraiBoluwaji:

ahh thats nothing. thats what the unenlightened resort to when outclassed. that aint nothing. i aint trippin on that. thought you was about to say he was yabbing my mama or something grin
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
sukkot:
ahh thats nothing. thats what the unenlightened resort to when outclassed. that aint nothing. i aint trippin on that. thought you was about to say he was yabbing my mama or something grin
It's still very disrespectful
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2015
LaraiBoluwaji:

you never go frontpage before ni ? when people post their ' i got engaged ' pictures ? you never see rude. lol. its the generation we are in. too many internet gangsters and internet warriors. i am sure if i catch that nigga in person he will be some malnourished skinny looking 17 year old. but on the internet he is a warrior. allow the guy to live out his dreams of being a tough man o jare grin
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 22, 2015
sukkot:
you never go frontpage before ni ? when people post their ' i got engaged ' pictures ? you never see rude. lol. its the generation we are in. too many internet gangsters and internet warriors. i am sure if i catch that nigga in person he will be some malnourished skinny looking 17 year old. but on the internet he is a warrior. allow the guy to live out his dreams of being a tough man o jare grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Akanniade(m): 6:53am On Nov 25, 2015
grin grin grin grin
sukkot:
LaraiBoluwaji:

sukkot:
LaraiBoluwaji:

Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Akanniade(m): 6:58am On Nov 25, 2015
sukkot:
lol bros it means we are entering a new age. the planetary arrangements will soon change and another planet will start orbiting in our solar system as the ninth official planet, seeing as pluto has been declassified. this ninth planet will be called planet X aka the destroyer. the return of the atlantean gods wink wink
@sukkot, could you throw more light on the subject matter.
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Akanniade(m): 7:05am On Nov 25, 2015
sukkot:
lol bros it means we are entering a new age. the planetary arrangements will soon change and another planet will start orbiting in our solar system as the ninth official planet, seeing as pluto has been declassified. this ninth planet will be called planet X aka the destroyer. the return of the atlantean gods wink wink
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Akanniade(m): 7:08am On Nov 25, 2015
sukkot:
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by LordReed(m): 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
You don tyre to prophesy doom na to dey name rock as planet now. LoL

3 Likes

Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by bejeria101(m): 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
LordReed:
You don tyre to prophesy doom na to dey name rock as planet now. LoL

Olumo stone lol
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by LordReed(m): 10:07pm On Nov 29, 2015
bejeria101:

Olumo stone lol

LoL no mind the yeye poser, there is an estimated 200 of these dwarf planets yet this yeye alan poser dey form like say e don discover new thing.

3 Likes

Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 10:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
Akanniade:

sure bros. planets fall under various classifications but the primary classification is CLASSICAL. there are 9 classical planets. there are 9 for a reason and each of the nine represents something. during the timespan of an 'age' there will be 9 but when an age is coming to an end, one of them gets declassified and then they become eight. the declassified one is pluto. when the next age begins another planet slides up the elliptical orbit and joins the eight and it becomes 9 again to start a new age. this ninth planet is currently called planet x because they have not named it yet. they say by 2016 it will join our 8 classical planets to become 9. this apaprently is supposed to coincide with the age of the coming of christ. the return of christ will be that new age that will add a ninth classical planet to our solar system. some call the ninth planet nibiru. some call it the destroyer.
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 3:04am On Jan 21, 2016
sukkot:
<<< MADE THE POST A WHILE AGO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC2SKFzhSVo <<< NINTH PLANET DISCOVERED TODAY THE 20TH OF JANUARY 2016
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2016
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 21, 2016
sukkot:
nigga are you tryna deny scientific document ? really ? you are smarter than the astronomers who take the data and do the classification ? you must be drunk on orijin
OMG. I love this thread though, lol
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 10:35pm On Jan 21, 2016
issaRukayat:
OMG. I love this thread though, lol
grin wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lion Trampled To Death By Buffalo Stampede(picture) / Homebuilt Gas Turbine Engine For Helicopter Propulsion. / We Recover Data From Faulty And Formatted Data Storage Devices In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.