Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,762 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made (24961 Views)

Man Climbs Street Light In Abuja During Maulud Of Sheikh Ibrahim Inyass / Sheikh Mustapha Sanusi Zuglool's Burial: Massive Crowd Shutdown Isolo (Photos) / The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:01am On Nov 22, 2015
HIstory will be made in Ekiti State tomorrow when Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere Bello will be installed as the President-General of League of Imams and Alfas in the Southwest, Edo and Delta states.

Sheikh Kewulere, as he is fondly called, is the Chief Imam of Ado-Ekiti and Grand Imam of Ekiti State. This is the first time an Ekiti indigene will occupy the pinnacle of Islamic clergy in the eight states.

The President-General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) and the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar is expected to preside over the installation billed to begin by 10am at Ekiti Parapo Pavillion in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital.

The event is a milestone and significant in the sense that Muslims are in the minority in Ekiti State and for an Ekiti Muslim to be found so worthy is worth celebrating.

Governors expected include the host, Ayo Fayose, Olusegun Mimiko (Ondo), Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Akinwumi Ambode (Lagos), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo), Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta), Abdulfatah Ahmed (Kwara) and Aminu Tambuwal (Sokoto).

Sheikh Kewulere was born to Mallam Bello Olawale Egunjobi and Madam Rabiat Bello of the Asa Family, Odo Ado, Ado-Ekiti on January 2, 1952 and he was named Muhammadu Jamiu.

At the age of six, he was enrolled at Ansar-Ud-Deen Primary School, Ado-Ekiti.

His parents also enrolled the little Jamiu at an Arabic/Islamic Institute, Zumuratul Diyyah Solihina, established by the renowned Islamic scholar and teacher, Sheikh Yusuf Akorede otherwise known as “Baba Akorede” (of blessed memory) in 1962.

Observing some sterling qualities possessed by Muhammadu Jamiu, Baba Akorede developed a special interest in him and this young disciple became the confidant of his master.

Being a man of God, Baba Akorede had the premonition of what the little Jamiu would become in future and prophesied that when his community would be in search of a good leader, Jamiu would be the person to be sought after.

Another great scholar from whom Jamiu drank from his fountain of Islamic knowledge was Sheikh Badrudeen Ami of Ami Arabic Training Centre, Iwo, Osun State, who also corroborated the prophecy when he told Jamiu that: “you are a child with great sign (of Allah)”.

After Baba Akorede passed on in 1976, Sheikh Kewulere was also under the tutelage of Sheikh Agbarigidoma in Ilorin, Kwara State and later at Imam Training Centre, Alakoro, Idumota, Lagos in 1983 among several others.

Imam Kewulere Bello had his first marriage in 1974 when he was under Sheikh Akorede and this marriage and subsequent ones were blessed with wonderful children.

The President General-designate had a stint in transportation business between 1978 and 1979 and in 1979, he was approached to become the Chief Imam of Ado-Ekiti, an offer he promptly rejected.

However, against his wish but in fulfillment of Allah’s wish, he gave in 1981.

On January 1, 1983, he proceeded to Lagos on a three-month course at the Ansar-Ud-Deen Imam Training Centre, Alakoro, Idumota, Lagos, where he obtained a certificate and thereafter returned to Ado Ekiti.

Sheikh Kewulere was turbaned and installed as the 6th Chief Imam of Ado-Ekiti on August 3, 1985.

The ceremony was performed by Imam Yusuf Olatunji Ogunlayi, the Chief Imam of Ikole-Ekiti,.

Upon creation of Ekiti State in 1996, Muslims in Ekiti land unanimously appointed Sheikh Kewulere as the Grand Imam of Ekiti State, thus assuming the exalted and enviable headship of Imams in Ekiti State.

Baba Imam, as he is also addressed, has since performed excellently well to the admiration of all and sundry until recently when another big feather was added to his cap.

Sheikh Kewulere engages in such hobbies as reading and listening to good recitation of the Holy Qur’an. He is widely travelled and had performed the holy pilgrimage to Makkah and Medinah several times.

http://thenationonlineng.net/sultan-governors-storm-ekiti-for-imams-installation/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by ademega(m): 2:06am On Nov 22, 2015
congratulations sir.
this should be an opportunity to call on bokoharam fighters to embrace peace.
there is no alternative to peace

YES TO PEACE!

NO TO VIOLENCE!

PROUDLY A PEACE VOLUNTEER

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by likila: 2:07am On Nov 22, 2015
Allahu akbar!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by ArodeTsolaye: 5:08am On Nov 22, 2015
So muslim yorrobers have to do the bidding of the sultan in order to be accepted as real muslims. I see emirs coming to the whole of yorroberland in some years time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by shidof(m): 6:19am On Nov 22, 2015
Masha Allah. May Allah mek it a blessed post.

10 Likes

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by shidof(m): 6:20am On Nov 22, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
So muslim yorrobers have to do the bidding of the sultan in order to be accepted as real muslims. I see emirs coming to the whole of yorroberland in some years time.
shut up, if u dn't ve tangible comment. Is it a must for u to.

49 Likes

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by malele(m): 6:24am On Nov 22, 2015
Delta state kwa, yorubas should watch it oo, before emirs go full there state. Like that land grabbing dey start ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by Stolen: 6:25am On Nov 22, 2015
Abeg remove Delta State from that last. Delta is 100% a Christian State.

Igbo, Urhobo Ijaw Itshekiri are Christian groups.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by PedroJP(m): 6:26am On Nov 22, 2015
Na small small. Aka enwe go turn aka mmadu soon for dat Ekiti.
Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 22, 2015
Why is Delta part of your lame jihad?
Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 22, 2015

I just love the way Fayose received the Satan of Sokoto

Polo and jeans grin

14 Likes

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by fagbalex(m): 6:43am On Nov 22, 2015
Stolen:

Mariam Babangida is from which state?
Bros you better wake up!
I have considerable number of Deltans that are Muslims from all the tribes in Delta state.
May Allah bless the post for the Imam.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 22, 2015
fagbalex:

Mariam Babangida is from which state?
Bros you better wake up!
I have considerable number of Deltans that are Muslims from all the tribes in Delta state.
May Allah bless the post for the Imam.

Shut up your dirty mouth.

She was married off and converted to islam

Was she born into a muslim family?

As for your last statement you must be confusing Edo with Delta.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by aljharem(m): 6:57am On Nov 22, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
Why is Delta part of your lame jihad?

because we have muslims in Delta

8 Likes

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 22, 2015
aljharem:

because we have muslims in Delta

Indigenous people or migrants?

Stop confusing Delta with Edo.

The few muslims in Delta are from Edo, Kogi(Ebiras) and the north.

14 Likes

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by aljharem(m): 7:01am On Nov 22, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Indigenous people or migrants?

Stop confusing Delta with Edo.

The few muslims in Delta are from Edo, Kogi(Ebiras) and the north.

indigenous

there are some Ilaje, Urhobo and Ijaws that are Muslims in DELTA STATE

Warri to be precise

15 Likes

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by seunmsg(m): 7:02am On Nov 22, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Even Asari Dokubo in far away Rivers state is a Muslim. We have indigenous Muslims in every states of Nigeria so, stop talking trash.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 22, 2015
seunmsg:

Even Asari Dokubo in far away Rivers state is a Muslim. We have indigenous Muslims in every states of Nigeria so, stop talking trash.

Asari converted as part of Qaddafi's conditions to sponsor him.

There are less than 0.001% muslims and all of them are converts.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by aljharem(m): 7:06am On Nov 22, 2015
Stolen:

STole

you LIED !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 22, 2015
aljharem:

indigenous

there are some Ilaje, Urhobo and Ijaws that are Muslims in DELTA STATE

Warri to be precise

Maybe ilaje but definitely not Urhobo and Ijaws.

Maybe you are confusing settled Ebiras who speak Urhobo
Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by Yujin(m): 7:18am On Nov 22, 2015
Gradually internal colonialism is growing down south. I read the new Sheikh was born to MALLAM Bello Keruwele. Do yorubas in Ekiti bear the title 'mallam'?

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by ERAKAMUS: 7:31am On Nov 22, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

I just love the way Fayose received the Satan of Sokoto

Polo and jeans grin
THIS MAN YOU DEY SEE ROAD.

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by Yujin(m): 7:33am On Nov 22, 2015
Gradually internal colonialism is growing down south. I read the new Sheikh was born to MALLAM Bello Keruwele. Do yorubas in Ekiti bear the title 'mallam'?
I won't be surprised to see the governors of Edo and Delta gracing the occasion.
I can still remember watching the burial ceremony of the late Ninzon King in the Kagoro chiefdom of Southern Kaduna. Even though he was a first class king and was the chairman of all traditional rulers of southern kaduna not even one emir from northern kaduna honoured the invitation. They only sent one representative whose speech during the internment was one with serious apathy. You can tell they have no regard for them. Here they are now calling on our own governors to honour the installation of a Sheikh.

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by veekid(m): 7:43am On Nov 22, 2015
Awkward
Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by Chinaimporter: 7:44am On Nov 22, 2015
Haters should be aware that just like there are indigineous christian in the north,so do we have indigineous muslims in the south south/south east.

I was serving in enugu and i met so many muslims...infact in enugu ezike and alor agu side there is a great indigineous igbo mislim culture....even the oldest man in enugu ezike around 1991 was a muslim.
The current deputy secatary general of supreme council for islamic affairs is an undiluted igbo man,born a muslim and train in saudi arabia..he is a top notch and respected islamic scholar.
i also went to afikpo in ebonyi state and met many including sheikh harun ajah who is also a prominent member of the ohaneze ndigbo.
Then we have many others in imo state especially orlu side and in abia in igberre side....the current caretaker chairman of umuahia north LGA is also a muslim......so many prominent muslims from igboland but they are peaceful and non violent just like the typical igbo and yoruba men

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by deebsman1(m): 7:55am On Nov 22, 2015
I can authoritatively tell u that the knowledge the immam has stands side by side with that of a PHD holder
ademega:
no first degree self and plenty govs dey come like this. hmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by madridguy(m): 7:59am On Nov 22, 2015
Don't get confused my brother. Mallam is a word from arab which is " Mualeem " which the translation is Teacher. Mua'leem is an arabic word not hausa.

Yujin:
I won't be surprised to see the governors of Edo and Delta gracing the occasion.
I can still remember watching the burial ceremony of the late Ninzon King in the Kagoro chiefdom of Southern Kaduna. Even though he was a first class king and was the chairman of all traditional rulers of southern kaduna not even one emir from northern kaduna honoured the invitation. They only sent one representative whose speech during the internment was one with serious apathy. You can tell they have no regard for them. Here they are now calling on our own governors to honour the installation of a Sheikh.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by Okunlola359(m): 8:08am On Nov 22, 2015
Yujin:
. Adam oshiomole is a muslim but end up married xtian as wife. Pls. Go and do proper research.

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by Okunlola359(m): 8:22am On Nov 22, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Read this one.The families of Alh.Sule Ivom Ogah of Ohatekwe Amagu Ikwo
South LGA of Ebonyi&HRH EZE DR. A.F.C.Emetumah iii,Ofor
ix of Umuofor Kingdom, Oguta LGA of Imo State cordially
invite you to the wedding Fatiha/Tradit'nal Marriage
Ceremony of their Children Fatimah Ogah&Faisal Chinonso
Emetumah which will Insha'Allah hold on Sat. 28th nov.2015
by 11 am @Ogah Nweke House, Ohatakwe Amagu Ikwo
LGA,Ebonyi State.

11 Likes

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by Ajibolatao(m): 8:34am On Nov 22, 2015
deebsman1:
I can authoritatively tell u that the knowledge the immam has stands side by side with that of a PHD holder
Knowledge of the deen is better than PHD

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made by deebsman1(m): 9:10am On Nov 22, 2015
Explain ursef
Ajibolatao:

Knowledge of the seen is better than PHD

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Comes 2nd In King Abdul Aziz Al'saud International Qur'anic Recitation / Sheikh Abubakar Gero Argungu Is Dead / Is It Permissible To Eat Pouched Rat (okeete)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.