Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu (8400 Views)

Who Is Sheikh Jamiu IYANU OLOHUN ? / Allah Will Condemn Men Who Do Not Satisfy Their Women Sexually -imam / Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by aare07(m): 8:04am On Nov 20, 2015
The ideal Muslim family is one bound by a common goal. Living for Allah is the best and real goal one can live for, else, life will be meaningless. Life has no meaning without spirituality. Allah says, “I created jinn and mankind only to worship Me,” Q51:56. Choosing a life partner should be influenced by this consideration. A soul mate is a goal mate. Couple who share the same goal are likely to grow together and stay together.

A family divided in goal may not grow or stay together. This is why Islam prohibits Muslims from marrying idolaters and atheists. It strongly recommends marriage to believing Muslims even if they are slaves, (Q2:221). Three women are given as examples in Surah Tahreem (Q66): two unbelievers and one believer.

The unbelieving ones are the wives of Prophet Nuh and Prophet Lut. Their husbands were never comfortable living with them. The third woman is Asiya, the wife of Pharaoh. When she became Muslim her husband made her suffer terrible punishment. Marrying for this goal will help achieve long-time goal of Islam in preserving Islam in generations to come. One of the best achievements in life is preserving Islam in our lineage. Children from Muslim parents often stick to Islam while children from multi religious families are always confused or end up becoming atheists or skeptics.

Allah says, “Whoever among you cannot [find] the means to marry free, believing women, then [he may marry] from those whom your right hands possess of believing slave girls. Allah is most knowing of your faith. You [believers] are of one another. So marry them with the permission of their people and give them their compensation [Mahr] according to what is acceptable,” Q4:25. Muslim women are absolutely forbidden to marry non-Muslims, (Q60:10).

The Holy Quran also recommends marriage only to chaste and innocent people, not licentious or promiscuous ones. Allah says, “Corrupt women are for corrupt men, and corrupt men are for corrupt women; good women are for good men and good men are for good women,”Q24:26.

Divided goal leads to divided interest, and divided interest leads to divided loyalty and arguments. Divided loyalty bears some degrees of resentment which may in the long run strike at the basis of marriage. A family founded on the basis of living for Allah is an ideal family for the ultimate goal in life is to worship Allah and struggle to attain eternal bliss in the Paradise hereafter.

Allah says, “Say, ‘My prayers and devotions, my living and my dying, are all for Allah, Lord of all the worlds; He has no partner. This is what I am commanded, and I am the first to devote myself to Him.’ Q6:162-163 The Prophet said, “When a person whose religious commitment and attitude satisfies you comes to you proposing to marry your ward, marry him [your ward]. Failing, there will be corruption on the earth.”Sunan Tirmidhi, 1090

He said, “Women are married for four reasons: wealth, beauty, lineage and religious commitment. Look for a religious woman lest you lose [a great fortune].” Sahih Bukhari, 5090 Therefore, the ideal way to choose a spouse is to consider moral uprightness, religious commitment, financial capability [for females] and good lineage.

Intention

Intention comes before any action. The proper intention of a Muslim in marriage should be worship. After all, Nikah is half of the Deen. A marriage committed to Allah is guided and will be blessed by Allah. When marriage is intended to worship Allah, couple will likely fear Allah in their conducts and their good conducts in the union will be rewarded as meritorious acts of worship.

It is never too late to become what you should have become. Let us all set a goal for our families if we hadn’t set one, and we should all pursue this goal with tenacity so that Allah may bless our union. Couple should also try to have interest in what interests the other in order to strengthen the bond between them.

The ideal Muslim family is one founded on Allah’s guidance

Marriage is a life-long affair which should be informed by one’s goal in life and guidance from Allah. Level of success in life often depends on attitude and self discipline. According to the Qur’an, ignorance and injustice are the greatest factors of corruption in man, (Q33:73). A corrupt person does more evil than good.

Many couples do not learn anything on their rights and duties in marriage nor go for counselling or obtain knowledge on interpersonal relationship and principles of dispute resolutions. They busy preparing for wedding, which is a one-day event and forget to prepare for marriage, which is a life-long event. This is one of the reasons why marriage fails.

Chapter four of the Qur’an is titled ‘WOMEN’ because many aspects of it discuss how to relate with women in general and married women in particular. Suratul Baqarah, chapter two of the Qur’an verses 221 to 242 are exclusively on marital issues.

How many couples study this before marriage? To have a successful Hajj, one must obtain the knowledge of do’s and don’t’s of the rites of Hajj. Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well. Books of Islamic Jurisprudence all carry sections on Nikah (Nuptials).

Building Nikah on solid foundation is building it on Allah’s pleasure. Building marriage on pleasure of Allah is starting one family on the basis of law of Allah and guidance from the Sunnah of the Messenger of ALLAh by following the conditions for the validity of marriage: compatibility (legal and religious, especially), consent of the parties to it, formal consent of the guardian of the woman and presence of witnesses. Dowry and Walimah are also required.

Cohabitation before marriage is against Allah’s guidance. Taking secret lovers is Haram in Islam (Q5:5). Homosexuality is a capital offence. Stipulating that the wife-to-be must be pregnant before the marriage is contracted is alien to Islam and a bizarre condition.

Having more than four wives at a time is against Allah’s guidance. Forcing a ward into marriage is against the Sunnah of the Prophet. A marriage that was hastily concluded because the woman has been illegally impregnated is not an ideal marriage. Wrong start often leads to gloomy end.

Registry marriage [marriage based on Marriage Acts] is against the guidance of Allah. It is unbelievers’ law which Muslims should not subject themselves to. Seeking and relying on the verdict of future-tellers in choosing future partner is misguidance.

Allah says, “Have you seen those (hypocrites) who claim that they believe in that which has been sent down to you, and that which was sent down before you, and they wish to go for judgement (in their disputes) to the Tâghût (false judges, etc.) while they have been ordered to reject them. But Shaitân (Satan) wishes to lead them far astray” Q4:60. Salat al-Istikhara is the ideal way to seek Allah’s guidance.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/the-ideal-muslim-family/

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by CACAWA(m): 11:33am On Nov 27, 2015
Jazakallahu khyran

2 Likes

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by adefrosh: 11:35am On Nov 27, 2015
jazakumulahi kaeran

3 Likes

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by SuPeRq(f): 11:38am On Nov 27, 2015
Jazakummullah khayran

3 Likes

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by mbaka0433: 11:38am On Nov 27, 2015
END TIME POST

5 Likes

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by ayindepremier: 11:39am On Nov 27, 2015
Wa Alhmdllh...
Jumu'at Blessing To All The Muslim and Muslimahs all around the world.
wish you a White and Blissful Friday.

4 Likes

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by Efikman(m): 11:43am On Nov 27, 2015
Terrorists.

4 Likes

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by TeamSimple(m): 11:43am On Nov 27, 2015
Jumat mubarak

1 Like

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by TeamSimple(m): 11:45am On Nov 27, 2015
Efikman:
Terrorists.
Now you have made your point,does it change anything?

2 Likes

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by Hash86(m): 11:52am On Nov 27, 2015
Jazakallahu be khair

1 Like

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by newguy1(m): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2015
Nice

1 Like

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by Aseneshii: 11:57am On Nov 27, 2015
Jazakallahu khairan and jumaat Mubarak. I don't know why some Muslims go for court marriage. May Allah guide and protect us and make aljanna our final abode.

2 Likes

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by aare07(m): 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2015
Judas2013:

Sharia law is a curse to humans. I had to say love i allah to post on this silly topic. Before my post gets taken down by terrorist I would say Islam have no place in our society.
Despite what you have read. Receive sense and understanding.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by royaldok: 12:06pm On Nov 27, 2015
Jazakallahu Khairan for this wonderful piece.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by Moradeeke(f): 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2015
Beautiful post on the most beautiful day

Jazakhum lahu khayran, may Almighty Allah continue to bless you and your household.
Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by Afeezoladapo(m): 12:32pm On Nov 27, 2015
May Allah bless d poster

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by Afeezoladapo(m): 12:32pm On Nov 27, 2015
May Allah bless d poster

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by mannirmusa: 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2015
Dear All Naira Landers,

This is a very good one and highly riched, my hope and prayers is to put what we learnt into practice and may Allah grant us understanding.
Best Regard.
aare07:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/the-ideal-muslim-family/

2 Likes

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by irumanle(m): 12:46pm On Nov 27, 2015
Jazakumlahukair

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by HaneefahRN(f): 1:01pm On Nov 27, 2015
Jazakallahu khairan. Very enlightening post.
Jummah Mubarak to all my Muslim brothers and sisters, may Allah accept our prayers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by sule17(m): 1:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
Efikman:
Terrorists.
who knows who u r

2 Likes

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by SweetyZinta(f): 1:37pm On Nov 27, 2015
Masha Allah. May Allah guide us aright.

1 Like

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by Walexz02(m): 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2015
Jumaat Mubarak

1 Like

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by Occurstaem(m): 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2015

1 Like

Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by Tczar(m): 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2015
Jazakullah khairan
Re: The Ideal Muslim Family By Imam Ridwan Jamiu by Angama(m): 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2015
AdEsANNi1:

May Allah reward you base on your utterances......Please let's watch our tongues......We (Muslims) also believe n jesus
Though as Allah's prophet. Please my fellow human don't fight for GOD, he is capable of doing that Him self. Let there be peace.
Thanks brother. I don't know what d xtians bliv sef.
Muslims beliv in Jesus and the moth, marry, dat she gave birth to him as a virgin. All these we Muslims beliv but you will always see the Christians abuse our prophet Muhammad, while we the Muslims pray for Jesus whenever his name is mentioned

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Purpose Of Difficulties In Life / Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like / Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.