Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com (3039 Views)

Iheanacho Is A Manchester City Star In Waiting - Goal.com. Scores Hat-trick. / Goal.com Comments Section Diasbled? / Goal.com-sir Alex Ferguson Voted As The World Best Among Other Best Coach (2) (3) (4)

Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by chidichris(m): 8:41pm On May 22, 2009

Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy
In statements unlikely to go down well with Manchester United fans, the UEFA president has lavished praise upon the Blaugrana,
20 May 2009 01:46:53

Michel Platini has sung the praises of Champions League finalists Barcelona ahead of the title decider in Rome on May 27.

Speaking to the newspaper El Mundo, Platini said, "Barcelona represents my philosophy, not just in their style of play, but how they form their footballers.

"I believe players should be protected until they are 18, more for moral reasons than economic ones."

The UEFA president then emphasised his love of Barca's footballing style, continuing, "They embody the ideals of Spanish football, which represents technique, an easy and open style of play.

"It seduces me."

Finally, Platini talked about some of Barca's star players: "Xavi is very good, the best player of EURO 2008, and so is Iniesta.

"Even players like Eto'o, Henry or Keita have all adapted brilliantly to their system.

platini has come to kill europe football with sentiment.
if time is not taken, he will end up making europe soccer nigerian elections where winners emerge before elections.
is that a good statement from a uefa president ahead of a crucial finals after the stamford show of shame?
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by switch47(m): 3:20pm On May 23, 2009
Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy
In statements unlikely to go down well with Manchester United fans, the UEFA president has lavished praise upon the Blaugrana,
20 May 2009 01:46:53

Michel Platini has sung the praises of Champions League finalists Barcelona ahead of the title decider in Rome on May 27.

Speaking to the newspaper El Mundo, Platini said, "Barcelona represents my philosophy, not just in their style of play, but how they form their footballers."I believe players should be protected until they are 18, more for moral reasons than economic ones."

The UEFA president then emphasised his love of Barca's footballing style, continuing, "They embody the ideals of Spanish football, which represents technique, an easy and open style of play.

"It seduces me."

Finally, Platini talked about some of Barca's star players: "Xavi is very good, the best player of EURO 2008, and so is Iniesta.

"Even players like Eto'o, Henry or Keita have all adapted brilliantly to their system.

EVERYTHING HE SAID ABOUT BARCELONA IS VERY CORRECT!! THEY BRING GOOD REPUTATION TO SOCCER BY REFRAINING FROM NAGATIVE FOOTBALL- playing beautifull soccer-tip-tap-tip and winning titles in style!! Barcelona is a very wonderful club entertaining soccer lovers - entertainment the reason football was invented!! CORRECT!!
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by dayokanu(m): 4:10pm On May 23, 2009
Is Platini not human?

He openly supports Juventus and attends Juve's matches. Platini liking Barcelona's football made Drogba to be falling like Dow Jones anytime he faces Valdes or what? What has Platinis liking of a football philosophy got to do with conspiracy.

Platini is French why didnt he make France win Euro cup?
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by FBS: 4:59pm On May 23, 2009
still cannot understand why he was elected. wink
The guy sometimes sounds biased.
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by switch47(m): 6:06pm On May 23, 2009
Blatter wades into referee debate ?! can UEFA disqualify Barcelona??
www.switch47..com

Platint Has spoken his mind and there is nothing wrong with that!!
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by dayokanu(m): 8:16pm On May 23, 2009
Who is not biased?

Even the Pope admitted praying for Italy to win games.

So you expect Platini not to have opinions or support Juventus.

If Terry should become UEFA president you figure he would not be interested in Chelsea FC again?

Joao Havelange supported Brazil but could not make them win a world cup in several years.
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by FBS: 9:15pm On May 23, 2009
Which one of them please?  grin

And in any case, the Pope praying for Italy to win matches is no act of being biased. Praying for your country is normal be it football or something else.

In the case of Platini, me feels he should try to be neutral or at least not blow his horn every time he tries to suppress an English team. 

If JT becomes UEFA president. . .? I'm glad you IF, so until then lets leave it at that.
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by eyonigger(m): 11:38pm On May 23, 2009
this thread will only bring about the same old conspi_theory. Bull crap. Nigerian Chelsea fans are as myopic as the British media.
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by dayokanu(m): 11:50pm On May 23, 2009
What more can you expect from EPL fans Most of them are myopic.

The IQ requirement to become a fan is very low
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by jalether(m): 1:09am On May 24, 2009
@dayo, ve u ever for once observed or admitted any postives

abt the EPL
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by dayokanu(m): 2:33am On May 24, 2009
Positives about EPL? Ok provides a comic relief watching 20 players running without any technique and skills

Comical goalkeeping David James, Scott Carson

Atrocious defending Titus Bramble, Silvestre

The best talents are speedstars Lennon, Wallcot, Agbonlahor, Ashley Young all speed, no sense
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by kayality: 5:58pm On May 24, 2009
just praise for the team only
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by FBS: 6:34pm On May 24, 2009
eyonigger:

this thread will only bring about the same old conspi_theory. Bull crap. Nigerian Chelsea fans are as myopic as the British media.
dayokanu:

What more can you expect from EPL fans Most of them are myopic.

The IQ requirement to become a fan is very low

I take it that the 2 of you are the most intelligent guys right? shame that you feel so 'cos in actual sense that is the beginning of stupidity.
Pray tell us the IQ requirement to become a BundesLiga or La Liga fan? Why must you 2 talk through your anus? pathetic bunch.

@eyeonigger: Nigerian Chelsea fan I don't get it. Are they any different from others?
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by eyonigger(m): 6:43pm On May 24, 2009
FBS:

I take it that the 2 of you are the most intelligent guys right? shame that you feel so 'cos in actual sense that is the beginning of stupidity.
Pray tell us the IQ requirement to become a BundesLiga or La Liga fan? Why must you 2 talk through your anus? pathetic bunch.

@eyeonigger: Nigerian Chelsea fan I don't get it. Are they any different from others?

You are not matured. All sorts of those vulgar words aint needed for a response based on the contents of my message. Anyway I need not to argue with touts.
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by DrKitaun(m): 7:59pm On May 24, 2009
all these anti-English sentiments ?

who talk say make French Footie go down so ridiculously ?

Platini is on cheap igbo  grin
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by dayokanu(m): 8:50pm On May 24, 2009
Anti English sentiments??

Is it a crime for Platini to have opinions but when it comes EPL sides and fans the fans would scream out.

I am sure Platini was responsible for England not winning any trophy for 43 years
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by DrKitaun(m): 1:32pm On May 25, 2009
DK

dont go there with me . . .

u and I know that I dont like the ENGLISH as a FOOTBALLING country cool but does anyone need to furthermore argue on the brilliance of the ENGLISH at clubside level ?

BUT ONLY A FOOL WOULD RECOGNISE THE SPANISH LEAGUE AHEAD OF A LEAGUE FINAL THAT INVOLVES A SPANISH SIDE AND ANOTHER CLUB FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY, sounds like PURE UNADULTERATED PREJUDICE cool
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by FBS: 1:54pm On May 25, 2009
eyonigger:

You are not matured. All sorts of those vulgar words aint needed for a response based on the contents of my message. Anyway I need not to argue with touts.
sometimes me feels you are suffering from dementia. The likes of you make Barca look bad.

Why are you acting like a learned fellow when all you are is norin but a drunk? You insult people at will but damn painful to you when insulted. You insulted millions of "Nigerian" chelsea lovers simply because they recognise the EPL as the better league. You ever heard me say Barca fans are myopic in thinking? Dont insult people if you dont want to be insulted. simple.
In your childish mind, does this sound like a compliment?
eyonigger:

I simply said Platini should keep quiet. He has no business commending either of the teams/leagues at this stage.
Just like Dr Kit said:
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Dr Kitaun:

BUT ONLY A FOOL WOULD RECOGNISE THE SPANISH LEAGUE AHEAD OF A LEAGUE FINAL THAT INVOLVES A SPANISH SIDE AND ANOTHER CLUB FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY, sounds like PURE UNADULTERATED PREJUDICE cool
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by switch47(m): 2:02pm On May 25, 2009
Spot on platini!! platini has a right to his opinion and whats more he does not give a hoot what you think!! He rules UEFA---------why not go conplain to CAF president that one Mr platini said this or that!! PLATINILALA !! nothing do the guy!!
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by DrKitaun(m): 2:09pm On May 25, 2009
Platini has a right to his opinion ?

OH I GET IT ! OBJ WAS RIGHT TO HAVE SAID PDP WOULD RULE NIGERIA FOR EVER undecided

and even Dimeji is justified to have called for the militarization of the last rerun in Ekiti state

hmmnn . . . embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by eyonigger(m): 5:18pm On May 25, 2009
FBS:

sometimes me feels you are suffering from dementia. The likes of you make Barca look bad.

Why are you acting like a learned fellow when all you are is norin but a drunk? You insult people at will but damn painful to you when insulted. You insulted millions of "Nigerian" chelsea lovers simply because they recognise the EPL as the better league. You ever heard me say Barca fans are myopic in thinking? Dont insult people if you dont want to be insulted. simple.
In your childish mind, does this sound like a compliment?
I simply said Platini should keep quiet. He has no business commending either of the teams/leagues at this stage.
Just like Dr Kit said:
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]

undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by dayokanu(m): 8:28pm On May 25, 2009
How would Platinis preference affect the play on the field?

I bet Platini supports France but what could he do to help them from the woeful Euro 2008?

OBJ and Dimeji have a right to support anyone as long as they dont tamper with the elections.

George Bush openly supported McCain and Clinton supported Al Gore. Did that make them tamper with elections or stop the opposing party from winning?
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by DrKitaun(m): 8:33pm On May 25, 2009
how can a sane Presidnt of FIFA come out to attack England and English clubs, only to turn back and praise Barca thereafter and u feel peeps are fools not to smell prejudice ? undecided

why couldnt he wait until Barca had either lost the final or won it b4 the praises ?

na wa o . .

HAVALENGE U ARE GREAT ! wink
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by dayokanu(m): 8:38pm On May 25, 2009
Havelange supported Brazil so whats the biggie?

He supported Lehhanson to succed him over Blatter

Dr Kit do you know what you are saying?
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by RuuDie(m): 8:24am On May 26, 2009
No need for Chelsea fans to cry foul. . . . . . . no need for UTD fans to panic either.

The man has not said he will favor Barca, or is he not entitled to his likes & dislikes

Any true football fan will adore the way Barca play. . . . . I do and am a UTD supportes!

Wasn't Platini UEFA president when UTD knocked the same Barca out last season

Abeg enough of this rubbish jare <hiss>
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by okotie800(m): 8:40am On May 26, 2009
It is not a matter of him being a barcelona fan.As the uefa president,he should not be seen as being biased.He holds an office that does not give room for such comments.He has continually said that he hates the english football.Dont u think that it may lead to conflict with the english fa.He should be careful cuz one of these days he may say that he loved what happened in the stamford bridge and that will be the end of him.U can reach me at ordinaryman3000@yahoo.com
Urs sincerely
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by RuuDie(m): 8:53am On May 26, 2009
dayokanu:

Positives about EPL? Ok provides a comic relief watching 20 players running without any technique and skills

Comical goalkeeping David James, Scott Carson

Atrocious defending Titus Bramble, Silvestre

The best talents are speedstars Lennon, Wallcot, Agbonlahor, Ashley Young all speed, no sense[color=#990000][/color]

Inspite of your extreme anti-EPLism. . . . . . . I still agree with a lot of these - expecially that last line!
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by RuuDie(m): 8:59am On May 26, 2009
okotie800:

It is not a matter of him being a barcelona fan.As the uefa president,he should not be seen as being biased.He holds an office that does not give room for such comments.He has continually said that he hates the english football.Dont u think that it may lead to conflict with the english fa.He should be careful cuz one of these days he may say that he loved what happened in the stamford bridge and that will be the end of him.U can reach me at ordinaryman3000@yahoo.com
Urs sincerely

Just becuz he holds that office doesn't mean he's in a strait jacket!

People just have to understand that when such a person speaks; he could either be speaking as a "man" - his own personal views; or as an "officer" - official statements of the office holder.

This is purely a statement that expresses his personal views - remember, UEFA is not a 1-man organization like CHELSEA!
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by Dammyray(m): 9:11am On May 26, 2009
he should support any thing he feels like but man u is lifting up the trophy
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by lundyx(m): 9:49am On May 26, 2009
The editor has well said from inception: "In statements unlikely to go down well with Manchester United fans EPL fans, "
so i dont expect less of these reactions from EPL fans!
Barcelona football is an art, it's Fine Arts the players get paid for what they enjoy doing!!!
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by RuuDie(m): 11:19am On May 26, 2009
lundyx:

The editor has well said from inception: "[b]In statements unlikely to go down well with [s]Manchester United fans

Don't think we UTD fans would complain much becuz we've been in situations before when football officials / managers have made comments of such nature in our favor.
Re: Platini Lauds Barcelona's Football Philosophy - Goal.com by dayokanu(m): 1:43pm On May 26, 2009
Ruudie you have not been able to dissipate your intelligence to your fellow EPL lovers who thinks Platini should not have a view because he is UEFA president.

Platini is a known Juventus fan what has he been able to do to Juventus in Europe.
When Barca was losing last year was he not UEFA president?

Where was he when France was disgraced at Euro cup.

When Blatter was elected over Lehhansson was Havelange the incumbent neutral?

Did George Bush not openly endorse McCain and didnt Clinton do the same for AL Gore? So how did that affect the elections?

But you know most EPL fans are ignorant thats when points like the above come to limelight.

Maybe you should spend some time to enlighten them on the basics of European football

Chelsea Fc ,,,, Know Ur Players / Lyon Vs Liverpool [1 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November / Newcastle Vs Arsenal [4 - 4] On Saturday 5th February 2010

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59