Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Uk Visa Urgent Question - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa Urgent Question (1647 Views)

Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Requirements To Renew Uk Visa / Uk Visa Application Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Visa Urgent Question by flasher1: 8:51pm On May 22, 2009
Hi everyone
Please I do need some advice about UK visa.
I want to apply for a UK visa but can't seem to know the correct category to apply.
I'll classify myself as a business woman.Have travelled to 2 Dubai,China and Singapore for business.
Can this boost my application?
Also can someone please tell me the category in which to apply
Thanks
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by Figurehead: 12:19am On May 23, 2009
flasher1:

Hi everyone
Please I do need some advice about UK visa.
I want to apply for a UK visa but can't seem to know the correct category to apply.
I'll classify myself as a business woman.Have travelled to 2 Dubai,China and Singapore for business.
Can this boost my application?
Also can someone please tell me the category in which to apply
Thanks
Why dont you just apply for the uk passport instead of an ordinary visa of uncertain category?
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by flasher1: 12:28am On May 23, 2009
Am not in the UK.Am in Nigeria planning on going to the UK for business.Have never travelled to the UK so it seems weird applying for their passport.Moreso am just fine with my Nigerian passport smiley
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by Sammy107d(m): 4:53am On May 23, 2009
*edit*
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by Figurehead: 8:39am On May 23, 2009
flasher1:

Am not in the UK.Am in Nigeria planning on going to the UK for business.Have never travelled to the UK so it seems weird applying for their passport.Moreso am just fine with my Nigerian passport smiley
oh, it seems you dont know that as a business woman who has travelled to china 2 times, you are qualified to apply for the uk passport even from nigeria. all you need to do is to present a letter of recommendation and reference from the chinese embassy, and a photo copy of 500 naira note and also, a picture of yourself sitting by your computer (this reference and recommendation will enable them know that you that you re a person with good characters, the 500 naira photo copy will assure them that you can afford to pay for the passport while a photo of yourself by your computer will convinced them that you re computer litterate and will surely find a job in the uk. goodluck
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by elctroguru(m): 9:10am On May 23, 2009
Figurehead:

oh, it seems you dont know that as a business woman who has travelled to china 2 times, you are qualified to apply for the uk passport even from nigeria. all you need to do is to present a letter of recommendation and reference from the chinese embassy, and a photo copy of 500 naira note and also, a picture of yourself sitting by your computer (this reference and recommendation will enable them know that you that you re a person with good characters, the 500 naira photo copy will assure them that you can afford to pay for the passport while a photo of yourself by your computer will convinced them that you re computer litterate and will surely find a job in the uk. goodluck

Hey Blunt head. She needs an urgent advice and if u cant help her out then stop posting shit. Why cant u advice her to apply for US passport not only UK passport, slowpoke.
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by flasher1: 9:13am On May 23, 2009
embarassed
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by elctroguru(m): 9:22am On May 23, 2009
@ flasher, it depends on what you want to do in the UK.
If u want to visit friends and relative, just apply for Visitors Visa. Thats it.

If you're traveling for other purpose, then I think u should post it here so that I can help
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by flasher1: 9:38am On May 23, 2009
thanks .
I want to travel to the UK for shopping.I buy female stuffs from dubai and china .I want to try the market in the UK .I also dont want to patronise travel agents because I feel I have all the required documents for business travel.
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by elctroguru(m): 9:52am On May 23, 2009
I think you fall under the Visitor's Category. You should apply for Business Visa- general

For more information, log on to http://www.ukvac-ng.com/index.aspx
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by flasher1: 9:58am On May 23, 2009
Thanks alot
Have visited the website before d have it has a favourite but am still confused .
Am self employed so I dont have any payment slip or letter from my employer.I dont know how to go about that aspect.Also I dont know how to go about the Business visa invitation;dont know if i need one.
I just want to make a neat application and not be rejected if I ever apply.I have all the other necessary documents.
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by webprince(m): 5:48pm On May 23, 2009
@flasher, 2 qualify for a Business visitor, U need to demonstrate and able to prove that U r being invited by a company/manufacturer in the UK.

there4, it will be better 2 apply for a Visit Visa, if U dont have a relative or friend in the UK, get a genuine hotel reservation with d following docs:
business docs
bank statement
marriage certificate (if married)
family pictures
investment docs (shares cert, fixed deposits, etc)
property docs
and any other docs u think will prove that u can finance ur trip and will return back 2 9ja after ur trip.
Q.E.D
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by flasher1: 8:42pm On May 23, 2009
thanks alot webprince and guru.
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by arthuryemi(m): 12:36pm On May 27, 2009
hello webprince,elecroguru and everyone i salute u all,pls can someone pls put me through on the steps to take to apply for a uk student visa here in nigreia,i aiso want to know their official website,am planning to enter uk by september,thanks
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by travelcare: 6:44pm On May 28, 2009
@flasher1

You should be able to know which category you fall into if you have a purpose in the UK. Your travel to China and Dubai can help you especially when you can show proof of your business deals in China and Dubai. You will be applying in the business category and all you need do is have a contact with the companies or manufacturers in the UK you want to be dealing with and they can invite you in that regard. For more information and advice/assistance you can contact Travelcare Consults via email: travelcare.consults@gmail.com, 016663625 or call Olawale on 08023809767 or

Travelcare Consults
Akinola A. Akingbala & Co
17, Ashabi Shonuyi street
Ijeshatedo
Lagos

Travelcare
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by travelcare: 6:50pm On May 28, 2009
@arthuryemi

If you are applying as a student into the UK this September, your visa application should begin by June in order to meet up with the 3 months visa application rule. Your offer of admission must also be unconditional (ie, you must have fulfiled all conditions in the admission process).

For more information and advice/assistance you can contact Travelcare Consults via email: travelcare.consults@gmail.com, 016663625 or call Olawale on 08023809767 or

Travelcare Consults
Ijeshatedo
Lagos

Travelcare
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by MyHiDsDaar: 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2009
Like the previous post i would like to apply for a uk visa for a study due in september, but i have the older nigerian passport that is due for 2011 , i would like to know if it is still valid to use it
thank you
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by peter2010(m): 10:37am On Jun 02, 2009
Hello house, I want 2 really know how long reconsideration/review takes do be decided. My uncle was actually refused work permit entry clearance but was advised to put in letter of reconsideration to the British High Commision. I want to know the possibility of overturning decision through review. Has anyone got visa through dat before without appeal. Thanks alot.
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by webprince(m): 10:23pm On Jun 02, 2009
guyz asking 'bout student visa, am sure there is a thread for dat already, U'll surely find answers 2 ur questions there (they have been asked b4 and answered by learned NLs)

@peter U shuld get a reply 4 review within 10 working days, and 2 answer ur Q, reviews do come out positive once in a while
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by arthuryemi(m): 2:22pm On Jun 03, 2009
travelcare:

@arthuryemi

If you are applying as a student into the UK this September, your visa application should begin by June in order to meet up with the 3 months visa application rule. Your offer of admission must also be unconditional (ie, you must have fulfiled all conditions in the admission process).

For more information and advice/assistance you can contact Travelcare Consults via email: travelcare.consults@gmail.com, 016663625 or call Olawale on 08023809767 or

Travelcare Consults
Ijeshatedo
Lagos

Travelcare

@ travelcare consults, thank you very much for the prompt response. i am convinced that you are an authority in this matter and upto date as well,pls my question is this;where and how do i get the original student visa application form(not photocopy) (2)are there different categories of uk student visa, if so which one is for first timers like me,(3rd) and most important what are the document required for uk student visa.thank you pls reply
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by travelcare: 4:55pm On Jun 03, 2009
@arthuryemi

Answers to your questions

1. You can get the UK visa application forms for any category at the UK visa application centers, at the British High Commission/British Deputy High Commission or online at http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/ for all the forms you'll need.

2. This http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/ecgdocs/studentover18flowchart answers your second question

3. As a Tier 4 (General Student) you'll need a valid Passport, Your Visa letter (from your school), supporting documentations (e.g your previous certificates, your leave letter if you're employed, Sponsor's documents) and click here for important requirements of the Point Based System (PBS) http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/features/applyingtostudy

Travelcare
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by travelcare: 5:11pm On Jun 03, 2009
@MyHiDsDaar

Your passport will be regarded as valid if the validity of the passport is equal to at least the duration of your study or visit to the United Kingdom. If the validity of the passport is less, you cannot use the passport, its better you take it to the NIS for extension.

Travelcare
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by arthuryemi(m): 2:13pm On Jun 04, 2009
@travelcare.
thank you very much, god bless u smiley
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by cvibe: 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2009
To those applying for UK student Visas, make sure you keep abreast of the new immigration rules which came into force 31st of March.
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by arthuryemi(m): 12:34pm On Jun 05, 2009
cvibe:

To those applying for UK student Visas, make sure you keep abreast of the new immigration rules which came into force 31st of March.

@cvibe thank you for your comment,pls what are the new immigration rules you are talking about,pls explain
Re: Uk Visa Urgent Question by mikkko: 3:58pm On Jun 05, 2009
hello House, wanna know what and why could be the delay by BDHC in contacting appeallant after appeal has been allowed since march ?

(1) (Reply)

Turkey Or Dubai / Difference In Date Of Birth Of Marriage Certificate And International Passport / Having Difficulty Coming To India?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.