Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:24 PM

I Could’ve Ended Up Being A Post Master – Fashola - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Could’ve Ended Up Being A Post Master – Fashola (328 Views)

Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots / “I Could’ve Been Playing On Another Planet” Just Like Lionel Messi – Cassano / Francis Uzoho: LA Liga Facebook Makes A Post In Pidgin English, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Could’ve Ended Up Being A Post Master – Fashola by kingjizzy2(m): 1:58pm On Nov 22, 2015
I Could’ve Ended Up Being A Post Master – Fashola

Nigeria’s multiple portfolio minister, Babatunde Fashola, has revealed that he almost ended up being a post master earlier in his career.

Speaking at a group mentoring programme for enterpreneurs organised by Young Business Leaders of Nigeria (YBLN) in Lagos, Fashola said his passion kept him from treading that path.

Fashola, after graduating from University of Benin (UNIBEN) and he was unemployed, his father presented him with the opportunity to work with the Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST).

This was at a time working with NIPOST was a dream job. While he realised it was a fantastic opportunity, he was extremely passionate about litigation and thus turned down the offer, and opted to pursue a career as a lawyer.

“I had a different passion and that was being in the courtroom; I therefore had to go for my dream to find a job that would help my career. It took me a while before I could get a job and that meant I was jobless for several months after NYSC”, he said.

He however encouraged the young entrepreneurs to pursue their careers with a view to realising their potentials.
Re: I Could’ve Ended Up Being A Post Master – Fashola by kingjizzy2(m): 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2015
Re: I Could’ve Ended Up Being A Post Master – Fashola by kingjizzy2(m): 2:08pm On Nov 22, 2015
Naaa d oshogbo weed wey I take naa him make am enta wrong section

(1) (Reply)

Paddle Movement / Can Tottenham Or Liverpool Knock Chelsea Or Arsenal Out Of Top 4? / Soccer Players Looking For Trials/clubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.