Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

5 Reasons Why Nairaland Can Not Be Like Facebook - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Can Not Be Like Facebook (1054 Views)

How I Build A Social Networking Website Like Facebook / Why NAIRALAND Don't Make Use Of HTTPS. / Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Nairaland Can Not Be Like Facebook by Wicfasho(m): 2:27pm On Nov 22, 2015
Nigeria is a Very big country with talented people. Yes! Not all countries have a legendary in the Internet. Seun Osewa, the Owner of NairaLand.com (No. 1 Forum in Africa) is one the Nigerians that have contributed greatly to Nigeria Social Life with an online Forum he launched out of his own hobbies. Nairaland has not only become a place where Nigerians pour out their mind but also an environment that educates Users in all Ramifications of Life. Nairaland Worth about $ 6,796,624 (N1,352,188,344.80 Nigerian Naira) as at November 22nd 2015. - Price by SitePrice.Org. Though Nairaland has not made up to that as it's income. This is what the Owner of Nairaland is not looking at. He can monetize his site to make up to that yearly.

Below are the Reasons Why Nairaland won't move from where she is until there are serious changes!
Faccebook is one the most visited site in the World. Same as NairaLand Limited to Nigerians (Africans).

1. NairaLand is not Incorporated

NairaLand is not Different from Seun Osewa. He (Seun) still Owns NairaLand. Facebook didn't get to where it is now with Mark Zukerberg(C.E.O) owning and funding it alone. He sold shares, got endorsement, and the rest. Mark is currently the C.E.O and Co-Founder Of Facebook, Not the Owner! He Owns about 28% (Not accurate) of Facebook Shares. I am one of the owners of Facebook. Yes. I Once bought their shares. Visit www.nairaland.com, you will see "Oluwaseun Osewa" at the footer of the website. If Seun Continues to take NairaLand as a one man business, NairaLand won't move from where it is.
Even though there are people that work with him, he still owns NairaLand. No matter how he try to justify himself. You can Check his Wikipedia Page for proof as the owner. I am not against his ownership of the site. There are many Sponsors out there looking for businesses to endorse. Even Facebook.com was bought by the Chairman of Paypal. I think the fear of Seun is that he doesn't want to loose his Hard Created site to just sponsors or rich men. See Photo Below....

2. Nairaland's Look isn't that Bad? Though Unattractive.

NairaLand is not changing. There are no attractive changes on the site's look. Nairaland is just too odd and old.. Their design is just Wack. I heard they are trying to reduce the data usage of their members but that's not a very good excuse... The size of their front page is 20Kb. This is still on point but the adequate size a page should not be more than 30Kb. They still have about 9Kb to make use of. Yes.. That's simple mathematics. 1Kb should be left.. Please Seun and you team change the design of your site...

3. Only Regional Usage

Only few Non-Nigerians Uses NairaLand. NairaLand claim to be No 1 Forum In Africa But most the her users are from the owner's Country, Nigeria.. The name, NairaLand has also limited her users to Nigerians alone. Naira is a currency spent in only Nigeria. So why should a Non-Nigerian, not using that currency (Naira) join the forum? The name NairaLand which also increases SEO of the site, has also limited it users to Nigerians alone. Yes... Changing the name of the site will cause lots of damage. There are other ways nairaland can extend her users to Non-Nigerians. This will create a name for Nigeria outside Nigeria. I am in the position to tell how to make this extension.

4. NairaLand's Hosting

Recently, Nairaland hosting company's database was hacked and datas where deleted by the hackers. Though 80% of their database (Which was backed up) was restored which ended up loosing their some of their Topics and their new registered members. By now, Nairaland should hosting their site themselves. They immediately moved to another hosting company after the incident complaining that their Ex-Hosting Company wasn't reliable and not Security Conscious.

5. Nairaland's Members Not Increasing as Expected

I think Nairaland (Seun) is convenient with his about 1.5 Million Users. He is not ready to increase his Website's users or Members. Is he afraid of managing Multi-Million Users? Or isn't just ready for that. Nairaland has been used by companies for adverts, sponsored post and Development of Nigerians' Social Life. Nairaland, is a great idea-turned-manifestation. Seun and his team should advertise to the world, Not only Nigerians for better development.

I care for Nigeria's Future!

What is Currently Trending on Nairaland is her users using "End Time" as a Prefix to their comments. E.g "End time Thieves" If it's a post about thieves.

Love you all.

Source: www.Direct360News.cf

Re: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Can Not Be Like Facebook by AngryNigerian(m): 2:39pm On Nov 22, 2015
Okay...

Seun, over to you
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Can Not Be Like Facebook by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2015
nice analysis...
but the question remains.... DOES HE CARE?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Can Not Be Like Facebook by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2015
Enjoy your sweet ban OP. This topic was a nice read.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Can Not Be Like Facebook by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2015
charix:
what has he (op) said that deserves him banning? it's just suggestions and opinions.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Can Not Be Like Facebook by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2015
elijah2u:
what has he (op) said that deserves him banning? it's just suggestions and opinions.
I've done that many times and caught bans everytime; if not from the person mentioned in the article then from one of the many drones who govern this site.

I wouldn't say anymore because I don't want to get banned.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Can Not Be Like Facebook by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 22, 2015
Abegi....ban me and so? Does Nairaland put food on my table? Mtcheew.....
charix:
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Can Not Be Like Facebook by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 23, 2015
sweetboiy:
Abegi....ban me and so? Does Nairaland put food on my table? Mtcheew.....
Hmm, multi-account user. Ok, no wonder you're this bold.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Can Not Be Like Facebook by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 23, 2015
charix:

Hmm, multi-account user. Ok, no wonder you're this bold.
forget dat tin... Nairaland is not important to me than Facebook....ban me or not...Nairaland doesn't put food on my table dats it
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Can Not Be Like Facebook by Deejay1000(m): 8:15am On Nov 23, 2015
End time reasons

u are so on point op i hope this ur analysis is taken into due consideration by d mods & Boss himself. . . Change
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Can Not Be Like Facebook by Femisco29(m): 4:33pm On Nov 24, 2015
This guy just dey talk rubbish, so becos facebook dey aiit, so nairaland sef must be like facebook. mumu copicopier
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Can Not Be Like Facebook by Aimwest(m): 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2015
Femisco29:
This guy just dey talk rubbish, so becos facebook dey aiit, so nairaland sef must be like facebook. mumu copicopier
Hmm! Enemy of progress angry
Femisco29:
Hmm! Enemy of progress

(1) (Reply)

Jeez!!!!! See The Long Snake Found In My Friends Baththub This Night / All Your Solar Products: Panels, Controllers, Batteries, Inverter, Street Lights / Anybody With Sharepoint Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.